• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeMar 23rd 2009
    franz_conrad wrote
    I have resisted. smile

I knew you'd be disappointed by the lack of Bill Conti.
    •  
      CommentAuthormoonie
    Not much money these days and I know if I order one of these , Intrada will release one that will make me say, ahhhhhh damn, I could have had a V8.
    Goldsmith Rules!!
    •  
      CommentAuthormoonie
    and I want that Lost season 4 cd commin up. biggrin
    Goldsmith Rules!!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Southall wrote
    Anyway, the titles are:

Hanover Street - John Barry (which has a truly GREAT theme)
    Nightwing - Henry Mancini
    Lure of the Wilderness - Franz Waxman
    Russkies (aka Scraping the Barrel) - James Newton Howard

WAAAAGGGGHHHHH!!!!!

Barry & Mancini.............off to order.........NOWWWWW!!!
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMar 23rd 2009 edited
    Martijn wrote
    Oh, I dunno. Gotta say that that Nightwing theme sounds damn seductive!

Mancini is right up there on the top plinth with Barry, Williams, Goldsmith, Morricone and a small handful of others when it comes to real, proper, full blooded themes.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Timmer wrote
    Southall wrote
    Anyway, the titles are:

Hanover Street - John Barry (which has a truly GREAT theme)
    Nightwing - Henry Mancini
    Lure of the Wilderness - Franz Waxman
    Russkies (aka Scraping the Barrel) - James Newton Howard

WAAAAGGGGHHHHH!!!!!

Barry & Mancini.............off to order.........NOWWWWW!!!

Ordered cool

.....and skint.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBhelPuri
    I'm happy with this batch of cds. It saves me a lot of $$$.
    I might pick up only the Barry but with 3000 copies I can wait for a while.
  1. not really releases I know or interest me, so my hope lies once more with Intrada smile
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
  2. Unlike some people, I could care less who the compsoer is or what the film is, just as long as I like the samples enough, I will purchase. Nothing here got my attention. And what's all the praise for this Barry score? It's certainly nothing better than his good score for "Somewhere In Time", in fact it's not even that good from the samples. Highly overrated score.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    If only I could form opinions of all 65-minute albums based on four low-quality audio clips, I'd have saved myself a fortune.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    justin boggan wrote
    Unlike some people, I could care less who the compsoer is or what the film is, just as long as I like the samples enough, I will purchase. Nothing here got my attention. And what's all the praise for this Barry score? It's certainly nothing better than his good score for "Somewhere In Time", in fact it's not even that good from the samples. Highly overrated score.

Oh man you must have a lot of Tyler in your collection then. biggrin dizzy
  3. Obviously he's got a lot of Boggan in his collection!
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
  4. Anthony wrote
    justin boggan wrote
    Unlike some people, I could care less who the compsoer is or what the film is, just as long as I like the samples enough, I will purchase. Nothing here got my attention. And what's all the praise for this Barry score? It's certainly nothing better than his good score for "Somewhere In Time", in fact it's not even that good from the samples. Highly overrated score.

Not a single one. I can't find anything by him worth a purchase. "Eagle Eye"? You got to be kidding me.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    justin boggan wrote
    Anthony wrote
    justin boggan wrote

Not a single one. I can't find anything by him worth a purchase. "Eagle Eye"? You got to be kidding me.

Comments like that from you are hard to take seriously.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
  5. Prove me wrong and make suggestions. But every score I heard, is just a big piece of blandness with nothing special, and certainyl nothing I would want to spend money on.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Unlike your music of course.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    justin boggan wrote
    Prove me wrong and make suggestions. But every score I heard, is just a big piece of blandness with nothing special, and certainyl nothing I would want to spend money on.

Yet you continue to write your "music." Look, until you come clean about your music then any negative comment towards any composer by you is just going to come off as laughable.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
  6. Well, there went the chance to make Tyler suggestions. I'll stick with Goldsmith and Bernstein thanks.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    justin boggan wrote
    Well, there went the chance to make Tyler suggestions. I'll stick with Goldsmith and Bernstein thanks.

Tokyo Drift, War, AVPR, Bug, Eagle Eye. GO BUY THEM.

Oh that's right, you still won't, so why did I bother?.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    justin boggan wrote
    Well, there went the chance to make Tyler suggestions. I'll stick with Goldsmith and Bernstein thanks.

Oh well, nobody takes you seriously anyway! kiss
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    moonie wrote
    and I want that Lost season 4 cd commin up. biggrin

Respect. beer
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    justin boggan wrote

And there went ANY chance you had to come clean concerning your "music."

-Erik-
  7. What does "come clean" mean?

Anyway, yes Tyler at least can make a tune.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    PawelStroinski wrote
    What does "come clean" mean?

Anyway, yes Tyler at least can make a tune.

"come clean" = the truth
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    If also may mean an ejaculation of shower gel, but I somehow doubt that was the original intent.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    edit
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Timmer wrote
    edit

Yeah.
    I bet.
    biggrin
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Martijn wrote
    If also may mean an ejaculation of shower gel, but I somehow doubt that was the original intent.

lol
  8. 3 of them are already out of print

- Ruskies
    - Nightwing
    - Lure of the Wilderness

Only Hanover Street remains
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeMar 24th 2009
    Thomas Glorieux wrote

- Nightwing

Oh poop. sad
    And I wanted to order that one.

Didn't think it would go that fast.
    Oh well.