• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJun 18th 2009
    Steven wrote
    I would literally spunk in my pants right now if someone could confirm this?

TOO. MUCH. INFORMATION.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Oh absolutely. But Starship Troopers!? Jeez, I think I'll faint if they announce that one. (Which I doubt will happen.)
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote
    Oh absolutely. But Starship Troopers!? Jeez, I think I'll faint if they announce that one. (Which I doubt will happen.)

Well, in the meantime we do have the bbbbbbbbbbbb.....expanded version biggrin wink
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Steven wrote

I really need to see the film again to get a sense of what was missing from the original album, which I do agree is waaaaay too short. For those that have heard the complete score how does it play?

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    What I would look forward to is decent sound quality. If the bbbbbbbbbbbb....expanded version had the same sound quality as the Varese album, I'd be one chuffed Poledouris fan.
    •  
      CommentAuthoromaha
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    would be sensational indeed
    but I doubt it if they gonna top the one Intrada is going to release this tuesday

i'm out of the loop
    confused
  1. omaha wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    would be sensational indeed
    but I doubt it if they gonna top the one Intrada is going to release this tuesday

i'm out of the loop
    confused

Intrada's mentioning this on their site

"And, because our hamsters are actually turbo-hamsters (a bigger, tougher breed), we'll still be posting our newest Special Collection limited CD for sale next Tuesday as well. It's one of the all-time most requested we've ever had around here... and now it's a reality. A stricter license limits us to just 2500 copies, so if it tickles your fancy, don't wait long to grab it. "
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthoromaha
    holy crap dizzy

But, do they do this all the time?
  2. omaha wrote
    holy crap dizzy

yep, who do you think issued the release of Baby: Secret of the Lost Legend and Honey, I Shrunk the Kids but to name a few?

I'll tell ya, these aren't Varese. Whatever they say is the truth
    so Expect the big of the biggest punk
    •  
      CommentAuthoromaha
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    omaha wrote
    holy crap dizzy

yep, who do you think issued the release of Baby: Secret of the Lost Legend and Honey, I Shrunk the Kids but to name a few?

wow
    any advice on anything?
    just stand by and prepare to order?
  3. omaha wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    omaha wrote
    holy crap dizzy

wow
    any advice on anything?
    just stand by and prepare to order?

I say it will be big, you definitely check out the site on the day itself. Don't wait a couple of days because it might be gone sooner than you'd think

I'm confident it will be one of the albums I most definitely want to see released someday
    •  
      CommentAuthorNunoM
    PawelStroinski wrote
    You have some news already?

Well not exactly. Just wishful thinking on my part. rolleyes And i apology for this random rumour.
    But i hope that someday that could be true, so why not for the next batch. Since Starship Troopers OST was first release by Varese, there is at least a remote possibility for a club edition.
  4. NunoM wrote
    PawelStroinski wrote

Well not exactly. Just wishful thinking on my part. rolleyes And i apology for this random rumour.
    But i hope that someday that could be true, so why not for the next batch. Since Starship Troopers OST was first release by Varese, there is at least a remote possibility for a club edition.

that's true, they did the same with the Aliens & Total Recall
    Would be excellent news, we'll see at the end of june
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Steven wrote

biggrin
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
  5. Christodoulides wrote
    Steven wrote

biggrin

hey, that's a line I would say tongue
    •  
      CommentAuthorNunoM
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    NunoM wrote
    PawelStroinski wrote

that's true, they did the same with the Aliens & Total Recall
    Would be excellent news, we'll see at the end of june

And not too long ago, the same for The Matrix.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Erik Woods wrote
    Steven wrote

I really need to see the film again to get a sense of what was missing from the original album, which I do agree is waaaaay too short. For those that have heard the complete score how does it play?

Well, there are several out there, apparently.
    I own the Spanish one, which has absolutely fine sound quality, so I'm not in a hurry at all to replace it.
    It plays like a cinematic story, with not a dull moment in sight.
    In fact, I could easily play this on repeat.

That said, it does lack the fantastic Klendathu Drop suite track, which is plait over several other tracks, which is a shame, so I had to inject that one from my original release CD.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    • CommentTimeJun 18th 2009 edited
    None of the 'expanded' Starship Troopers' I've had ever had a perfect flow, and they all had quite a lot of short tracks (though that is quite common for those leaked scores, I know). I've heard enough on it to know it certainly warrants a bigger release, though, so I'd love an officially mastered one!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    I would snap it up in an instant!
  6. They're coming soon now...

"Children Of The Corn"
    http://www.varesesarabande.com/details. … 909%2D1101

"A Walk In The Spring Rain"
    http://www.varesesarabande.com/details. … 909%2D1100

"Crime In The Streets"
    http://www.varesesarabande.com/details. … 909%2D1099

"Escape From the Planet of the Apes"
    http://www.varesesarabande.com/details. … 909%2D1098

You know, I was thinking the other day: "wouldn't it be great to release a score officially, and make it shorter than the recent isolated score?"

Passing on all these. Don't like what I heard of the Elias, the Waxman wasn't quite right for me, the Bernstein was a miss and the recording room makes it sound cheap and tiny, and I never cared for this Goldsmith effort.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    • CommentAuthorBasilB
    • CommentTimeSep 28th 2009
    justin boggan wrote
    They're coming soon now...

"Children Of The Corn"
    http://www.varesesarabande.com/details. … 909%2D1101

"A Walk In The Spring Rain"
    http://www.varesesarabande.com/details. … 909%2D1100

"Crime In The Streets"
    http://www.varesesarabande.com/details. … 909%2D1099

"Escape From The Planet of the Apes"
    http://www.varesesarabande.com/details. … 909%2D1098

Oh well, none of interest for me... what a pity!
    At least it saves me some bucks...
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    I got them except for the Elias. The Bernstein sounded lovely in the clips and the Waxman was very arresting. And I can't help but click "buy" whenever I see the name Goldsmith. (At least it's better than Rent-a-Cop.)
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    The only one of those that might seem remotely interesting to me is the Elias. I kinda liked the suite I once owned on an old Stephen King compilation; it seemed like a different kind of horror score that I could get into. After relistening to the sound clips, however, I'm not so sure anymore.

So I think it's a pass for all of these.
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    I will give all these a miss!
    •  
      CommentAuthorkeky
    Me too - thank God!
  7. Same here!
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    •  
      CommentAuthorAtham
    Me also. rolleyes
  8. Not even the Goldsmith ? That bad huh ?
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    These things have been available for nine hours and not one of them has a "low quantity" alert yet. Tsk, tsk. It's pretty hard to see the point of releasing a soundtrack if it's actually still available for people to buy, nine hours after being announced - standards are clearly slipping.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    Southall wrote
    These things have been available for nine hours and not one of them has a "low quantity" alert yet. Tsk, tsk. It's pretty hard to see the point of releasing a soundtrack if it's actually still available for people to buy, nine hours after being announced - standards are clearly slipping.

Apparently Varese goofed!!!
    Thomas cheesy
    listen to more classical music!