• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. The Goldsmith one sounds appealing, but nobody hasn't heard this one yet, and considering Planet of the Apes wasn't the easy one (despite beging goddamn brilliant), I'll pass for now.
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeSep 28th 2009
    DreamTheater wrote
    Not even the Goldsmith ? That bad huh ?

I quite like 'Escape' but I'm happy with the short suite on the Varese Planet of The Apes complete score.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Timmer wrote
    DreamTheater wrote
    Not even the Goldsmith ? That bad huh ?

I quite like 'Escape' but I'm happy with the short suite on the Varese Planet of The Apes complete score.

I didn't realise at the point of ordering quite how little extra music there actually is on this album compared with that suite. Only 7 minutes, someone said. Still, I'll be pleased to have it (I do like that score - nothing like the first one, really).
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    With the budget the way is lately there isn't anything to get me to open up my wallet.
    Thomas
    listen to more classical music!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    ^ Talking about small budgets and closed wallets! smile
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeSep 29th 2009
    I'll take a long hard look at the Rozsa box from FSM.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBhelPuri
    Just a perfect set of releases... ones that I can give a miss! I just saved up for Baaria!
    • CommentAuthorDavid OC
    I can't deny it - I feel exactly the same way. I think this is the first batch ever of Club releases that I haven't bought a single disc.

My therapist did utter the word 'progress' recently I recall. wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    I feel like this all the time with these club releases wink
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    Has the market reached a point of saturation? Maybe
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    sdtom wrote

Yes. A long time ago, appr. 2002/2003 or thereabouts.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Thor wrote
    sdtom wrote

Yes. A long time ago, appr. 2002/2003 or thereabouts.

It has for me (and presumably you), but clearly "the market" hasn't, since these things keep selling out, largely mystifying though that is. If Intrada can sell out the two things they released last night then frankly anyone can still sell out of anything with "soundtrack" written on the cover.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    And it also seems that the majority of the listening market are wanting CD's, not downloading.
    Thomas
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    I hope it stays that way.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    As long as the pressing plants can also produce DVD's your safe. I wouldn't be surprised to see a price increase as the overall demand continues to drop.
    • CommentAuthorBasilB
    • CommentTimeFeb 20th 2010
    The next bunch of Varese Club titles will be announced on the 1st of March 2010...
    The last two club realise rounds haven't done much to me, but who knows... maybe next time?
    Any rumores going on about possible titles?
  2. BasilB wrote
    The next bunch of Varese Club titles will be announced on the 1st of March 2010...
    The last two club realise rounds haven't done much to me, but who knows... maybe next time?
    Any rumores going on about possible titles?

I hope it improves because the previous releases weren't exactly high quality, and it's about time Varese does something major as well, so I'm hoping for a great selection smile

I hope to see The Goonies released one day though
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Is the Goonies really that good? I'm not dissing it, I know it's been a holy grail for many film score fans but I can't remember the music at all.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorFalkirkBairn
    • CommentTimeFeb 20th 2010 edited
    Timmer wrote
    Is the Goonies really that good? I'm not dissing it, I know it's been a holy grail for many film score fans but I can't remember the music at all.

I have a "temporary version" bridging the gap from movie release to score CD release and, I have to confess, it's not one that I return to often.

NP: "Sounds of Vancouver 2010: Opening Ceremony Commemorative Album" - Various Artists

A mix of spoken word (Donald Sutherland), songs and orchestral pieces (including a few tracks by Gavin Greenaway), it's a reminder of the spectacle of the Opening Ceremony. Apparently there's an upcoming CD for the Closing Ceremony as well.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    They should have got Christopher Gordon to compose the music. lick
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote
    They should have got Christopher Gordon to compose the music. lick

...or Brian May, he did Missing In Action 2 you know.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    It's a new Holy Grail.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    As you said that I felt the lord jeebus pass through my body.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Did you at least give consent?
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeFeb 20th 2010 edited
    It was a surprise, Jeebus is one sick fuck. On the plus side I can levitate now.
  3. Timmer wrote

it's not brilliant, but most of us grew up with this movie and score, and then you think it is the greatest thing of all. But if I were to review it, I think I'll give it 3 and a half, so nuff said there smile

however that doesn't take away this score deserves a release

and reading it is the 25th anniversary this year of the Goonies, I'm confident it will be released this year smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeFeb 21st 2010
    It's got a very good main theme.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Hum it? I'll see if I remember?
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentAuthorTimmer

EastEnders?