• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJan 2nd 2009
    Bregt wrote
    Bought in London in those cool old stores with more vinyl than anything else, in Berwick Street, close to Oxford Street. It's full of music stores, which mainly focus on vinyl. I saddened me I don't have an LP, but well, I bought the following cd's quite cheap, though somehow I should have bought more

John Barry: 40 Years of Film Music

The Man with the Golden Arm - Elmer Bernstein
    (this is the most awesome cd I bought since El Cid! What a great theme)

And two rare Sigur Ros cd's. shame

Why the -> shame <- confused

Good little haul biggrin
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    shame because it are not soundtracks. tongue

Oh, and I bought the Trilogy in Four Parts! (yes, Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy). I had only been able to read the fist book, so I'm now finally able to read the others as well. One question though, the fifth book "Mostly harmless", is this just a reworking, or is it really a fifth book?
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorBhelPuri
    Joep wrote
    I lied when I said I was finished for this year! Shame on me;

- A.R. Rahman's 1947 Earth

Now that is an awesome soundtrack! The songs are one of my faves from ARR. The movie is quite good too.

RP:
    Danny Elfman - Standard Operating Procedure
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Bregt wrote

Duuuuuuude!!!
    WELL done!!!!
    punk bounce applause
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Bregt wrote
    shame because it are not soundtracks. tongue

Oh, and I bought the Trilogy in Four Parts! (yes, Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy). I had only been able to read the fist book, so I'm now finally able to read the others as well. One question though, the fifth book "Mostly harmless", is this just a reworking, or is it really a fifth book?

It's REALLY the fifth book.
    It's also very, very, very, very much the end. cry
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeJan 2nd 2009 edited
    So, I have a Trilogy in Four Parts, which actually should contain Five Parts (it's not included though)?

How absurd. ( biggrin )
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Bregt wrote
    How absurd. ( biggrin )

Ya think? wink

If you're into that sorta thing you should give the audio plays a shot as well, really.
    That's what got me started onto the whole thing.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    You never really got out of it since then. Is it a really good idea?
    Kazoo
    • CommentAuthorJoep
    • CommentTimeJan 3rd 2009
    Bregt, you should have gone to to the market in Notting Hilll and visit some of these shops there!

My latest:

David van der Heyden - Nadine (yet another Dutch score release I just had to have)
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJan 3rd 2009
    I've just ordered LARGO WINCH from SAE.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  1. Joep wrote
    Bregt, you should have gone to to the market in Notting Hilll and visit some of these shops there!

My latest:

David van der Heyden - Nadine (yet another Dutch score release I just had to have)

and yet another one I never heard off tongue
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeJan 4th 2009
    Timmer wrote

beer

Enjoy! But I recommend changing the play order slightly. It makes it a whole lot better! wink
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Anthony wrote
    Timmer wrote

beer

Enjoy! But I recommend changing the play order slightly. It makes it a whole lot better! wink

Cheers Anthony.

I'll let you know what I think when I get the CD ( which is usually very fast...average 5 days with SAE )
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJan 4th 2009 edited
    Martijn wrote
    Bregt wrote

Duuuuuuude!!!
    WELL done!!!!
    punk bounce applause

OMG. Bregt has turned GoldenageyZombie-y
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Go back to your Haslinger. angry

(And The Man With The Golden Arm is SO not Golden Age! tongue )
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    To my what? vomit
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    :pawel:
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Lookie what I just bought:

http://www.mymemory.co.uk/Bluetooth-Hea … Headphones

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=iunUa2ARC … re=related

I paid £235... am I crazy? Yeah. But I couldn't resist. This is going to make cycling much more enjoyable.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Steven wrote
    Lookie what I just bought:

http://www.mymemory.co.uk/Bluetooth-Hea … Headphones

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=iunUa2ARC … re=related

I paid £235... am I crazy? Yeah. But I couldn't resist. This is going to make cycling much more enjoyable.

Sennheiser is a great brand. I spent 160 € in my Sennheiser headphones and I´m glad I did it. Great sound quality.
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    I have a great pair of Bose in-ear headphones which have served me well, but I couldn't pass up the chance to get a pair of wireless headphones (the best on sale at the moment I believe).
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    You aren't crazy 'cause optimum sound quality is crucial but why not go for big headphones like these babes here? When it comes to speakers and thus physics, bigger is always better...you know smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Christodoulides wrote
    You aren't crazy 'cause optimum sound quality is crucial but why not go for big headphones like these babes here? When it comes to speakers and thus physics, bigger is always better...you know smile

Why? Because I bought these Sennheisers with the main intent in using them on my bike or for whenever I use my iPod outside, so a big clunky pair of wired headphones (as good as they undoubtedly are) would not be the best thing to use. Pretty much the same reason most people by earphones instead of headphones.

I have a pretty decent pair of Bose on-ear headphones that I use for indoor purposes, e.g. at uni when I'm mixing or whatever.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    ..oh, and I'm a sucker for cool gadgets. So long have I dreamed for a decent pair of wireless headphones! cheesy
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    I hate earphones; apparently. They are only good gadget wise wink For that, i'll give it to you that they look stunning.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Well, when I can afford them I'm going to get THESE!

Gonna make air travel much more enjoyable!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Erik Woods wrote
    Well, when I can afford them I'm going to get THESE!

Gonna make air travel much more enjoyable!

-Erik-

I can vouch for that. They're the ones I have!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Christodoulides wrote
    I hate earphones; apparently. They are only good gadget wise wink For that, i'll give it to you that they look stunning.

If you ever get the chance, try Bose's in-ear earphones. They're unlike any earphones I've tried before, very comfortable due to the rubber earpiece thingies. Sound awesome too.
    • CommentAuthormarkrayen
    Christodoulides wrote

I don't like them either. I seem to have sensitive ears, which was proved through my one-time gig as keyboardist in a silly rock band last year. suicide

But I do use http://www.sonystyle.com/webapp/wcs/sto … d=11038523 from time to time, when I need to keep the volume down at home. They're very comfortable, which is my main criteria for these devices.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    The noise canceling headphones are bizarre! I've got a pair from work and they are incredibly good, but I don't understand how they work! dizzy
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Comfortable and small are the 2 areas earphones win. But not sound-wise.