• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. PawelStroinski wrote
    MMM, what?

I changed something in my earlier post, the damn thing made a new post of it instead, sorry shame
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeMar 4th 2009
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    PawelStroinski wrote
    MMM, what?

I changed something in my earlier post, the damn thing made a new post of it instead, sorry shame

I have little doubt about that! Horner could do little wrong in the 1980s as far as I'm concerned.
  2. Southall wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    PawelStroinski wrote
    MMM, what?

I have little doubt about that! Horner could do little wrong in the 1980s as far as I'm concerned.

hehe, that I didn't change, I know that wink

It wrote curious wrong, so I corrected it
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeMar 4th 2009 edited
    I want to buy some scores. Any advice on what?

I only want to order on cdbaby.com this time, preferably a composer that does ring a Bhelpuri.

I already added Stamatis Spanoudakis' Brides (I remember this one being very good) and Mother of Mine (Kantelinen) to the list , but I just want to be surprised by some other titles.
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorBhelPuri
    Bregt wrote

I only want to order on cdbaby.com this time, preferably a composer that does ring a Bhelpuri.

I already added Stamatis Spanoudakis' Brides (I remember this one being very good) and Mother of Mine (Kantelinen) to the list , but I just want to be surprised by some other titles.

biggrin
    How about other scores by Kantalinen? Year of the Wolf is lovely.

Do you also have Unearthed by E S Posthumus
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    I heard Unearthed a lot when it was still streaming on their site, but I'm tired of those tracks (and it still plays on StreamingSoundtrack regularly). Year of the Wolf is excellent! That's the one with the Cycle motif right?

Try again. tongue
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorBhelPuri
    Bregt wrote
    I heard Unearthed a lot when it was still streaming on their site, but I'm tired of those tracks (and it still plays on StreamingSoundtrack regularly). Year of the Wolf is excellent! That's the one with the Cycle motif right?

Try again. tongue

Yep, Unearthed is one of the most played tracks by the SST day crew.

I don't know about a cycle motif from Year of the Wolf. I heard a clip from it in one of the GTS games and had to buy it. Great score indeed!

Hmm looks like I will get the Stamatis album too.

Perhaps Demetris and Alan will know more recommendations. Thanks to the latter's recommendation I've been wanting to get L'Amore Non Basta by Pernicula di Muro, but I try to avoid MP3 albums.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Bregt wrote

Star Wars?
    • CommentAuthorJoep
    BhelPuri wrote
    Marcel Barsotti - Der Konsalik Collection

Still haven't listened to this cd. Grüne Wüste, Kebab Connection and especially Das Wonder von Bern have been terrific listening experiences. I actually felt German while listening to the triumphical music used to support the final match rolleyes
    •  
      CommentAuthorBhelPuri
    Joep wrote Grüne Wüste, Kebab Connection and especially Das Wonder von Bern have been terrific listening experiences. I actually felt German while listening to the triumphical music used to support the final match rolleyes

From those 3, I don't have Kebab Connection as I wasn't sure how it was going to be.
    Grune Wuste is OOP and pricey now. I want another copy sad
    Have you listened to his score for Dolphins? The main theme is incredibly gorgeous. It's also on his website.
  3. Bregt wrote

Arn Templar is magical, really recommended, expect a review soon friends tongue
  4. BhelPuri wrote
    Perhaps Demetris and Alan will know more recommendations. Thanks to the latter's recommendation I've been wanting to get L'Amore Non Basta by Pernicula di Muro, but I try to avoid MP3 albums.

L'Amore Non Basta is available on CD and you can get it from CDBaby. Piernicola was kind enough to send me a copy of the CD. The CD has an additional 35 minutes from Piernicola's score to Una Piccola Storia.

Other scores I've purchased as downloads from CDBaby (and all recommended):

Maro - Aram Mandossian
    http://cdbaby.com/cd/aram

Legendary Warriors - George Shaw
    http://cdbaby.com/cd/georgeshaw3

Purity - George Shaw
    http://cdbaby.com/cd/georgeshaw1

Quest For A Heart - Tuomas Kantelinen
    http://cdbaby.com/cd/tuomas4

The Great Water - Kiril Dzajkovski
    http://cdbaby.com/cd/kirildzajkovski3

Coronado - Ralf Wienrich
    http://cdbaby.com/cd/coronado
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeMar 6th 2009
    Thank you Alan! I'll randomly select one of these. smile
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeMar 6th 2009
    Bregt, Quest for a heart is a nice animated movie score, look for other kantelinen scores too if you haven't got them yet, from cdbaby.You can never go wrong with Tuomas' music!
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorJoep
    • CommentTimeMar 7th 2009
    BhelPuri wrote
    From those 3, I don't have Kebab Connection as I wasn't sure how it was going to be.
    Grune Wuste is OOP and pricey now. I want another copy sad
    Have you listened to his score for Dolphins? The main theme is incredibly gorgeous. It's also on his website.

Gorgeous indeed. And what about Das Wonder Von Bern? Have you heard that score? Kebab's cd release is ******, but those score tracks are rather amusing.

Just bought another Marcel Barsotti score; Rennschwein Rudi Rüssel 2 - Rudi rennt wieder!
    And Eduard Artemyev's Sibirskiy tsiryulnik....
    • CommentAuthorJoep
    • CommentTimeMar 8th 2009
    Armand Amar - La Piste
    Buena Vista Social Club - Buena Vista Social Club
    •  
      CommentAuthorBhelPuri
    • CommentTimeMar 9th 2009
    Joep wrote
    Gorgeous indeed. And what about Das Wonder Von Bern? Have you heard that score? Kebab's cd release is ******, but those score tracks are rather amusing.

I don't remember if I listened to Das Wunder... or not. Guess I will have to give it a spin.
    Thanks! I will look out for Kebab next time.

Just bought another Marcel Barsotti score; Rennschwein Rudi Rüssel 2 - Rudi rennt wieder!

I tried listening to this in the gym but didn't go beyond the first 4-5 cues. Sounded a bit generic.

And Eduard Artemyev's Sibirskiy tsiryulnik....

Barber of Siberia? I have it on my want list. Where & how much did you get it for?

Armand Amar - La Piste

Lovely score! Kadjiro & Grace is tops! beer
    • CommentAuthorJoep
    I got the Artemyev score from the German ebay for a total of 4.98 euros. I'm glad to have friends who live in Berlin and often save me the huge difference in shipping costs. You wouldn't want to believe the insane shipping costs for one or more items to the Netherlands....
    •  
      CommentAuthorBhelPuri
    Joep wrote
    I got the Artemyev score from the German ebay for a total of 4.98 euros. I'm glad to have friends who live in Berlin and often save me the huge difference in shipping costs. You wouldn't want to believe the insane shipping costs for one or more items to the Netherlands....

Sweet! I see it's cheap in Amazon Germany. I'll probably pick one up from there. Yeah, having a friend who can collect the orders and combine the shipping helps a lot!
    •  
      CommentAuthorEric
    Alan Parker - Jaws 3D (Intrada Special Collection Vol. 54)

I finally replaced my LP ---> CD back-up with the Intrada release ... smile
    "Simplicity is the key to brilliance"
  5. Eric wrote
    Alan Parker - Jaws 3D (Intrada Special Collection Vol. 54)

I finally replaced my LP ---> CD back-up with the Intrada release ... smile

you know, I can't say if this is good or not?
    I remember the movie and the many moments, but is the score good?

Eric, you as the Williams connaisseur here, answer buddy? smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorEric
    Hey Thomas , Alan Parker isn't John Williams off course but it isn't a bad score . Mr. Parker wanted to put his own stamp on the music and just not re-hash all the Williams material and he succeeded in my book . He uses John's shark theme now and then but in a very minimalistic way . Alan Parker also came up with a new shark theme for this score . It's unfortunatly a very short score with only around 36 minutes of music . If you're interested in hearing it let me know ... ;o)
    "Simplicity is the key to brilliance"
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeMar 18th 2009
    Medal of Honor Underground just arrived home punk
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Marselus wrote

Oooooh baby! You are in for a treat. BTW, what do you think of the pictures in the booklet? wink

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Erik Woods wrote
    Marselus wrote

Oooooh baby! You are in for a treat. BTW, what do you think of the pictures in the booklet? wink

-Erik-

Hehe....nice pics! wink So you attended the whole scoring sessions?

A thing I so love in booklets: a track by track analysis, with the themes and subthemes featured in every cue, along with an explanation of where the cues were used in the game.
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorBhelPuri
    Blind purchase-
    Michel Cusson - Aurore

and finally getting on the JG wagon-
    Jerry Goldsmith - The Mummy
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    BhelPuri wrote
    Blind purchase-
    Michel Cusson - Aurore

and finally getting on the JG wagon-
    Jerry Goldsmith - The Mummy

beer cool
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Marselus wrote

Yup - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dyybNDqM … annel_page wink

Marselus wrote
    A thing I so love in booklets: a track by track analysis, with the themes and subthemes featured in every cue, along with an explanation of where the cues were used in the game.

Paul Tonks wrote some great notes for the entire series! He also wrote the notes for The Incredibles and dozens of other soundtrack releases (The Bride, Basic, CutThroat Island, etc). Really nice guy and knowledgeable. His Star Wars references are a hoot! He even wrote a really good FILM MUSIC FOR DUMMIES book which is a fascinating read.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeMar 18th 2009 edited
    Erik Woods wrote
    Marselus wrote

Kokodezil will love this, wherever he is.

Perhaps the nurse confiscated his computer?
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Steven wrote
    Erik Woods wrote
    Marselus wrote

Kokodezil will love this, wherever he is.

Perhaps the nurse confiscated his computer?

THANK GOD!
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.