• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. BhelPuri wrote
    Blind purchase-
    Michel Cusson - Aurore

I think that you'll be pleased with this one.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorJoep
    • CommentTimeMar 18th 2009
    Tuur Florizoone - Aanrijding in Moscou
    • CommentAuthorJoep
    • CommentTimeMar 22nd 2009
    Michal Lorenc - Blood & Wine
    Nicola Piovani - Il Sole Anche Di Notte
    Yoko Kanno, Jun Miyake & Hiroyuki Nagashima - Memorizu
    •  
      CommentAuthorEric
    • CommentTimeMar 27th 2009 edited
    John Williams Soundtracks - City of Prague Philharmonic Orchestra (2 CD's)

A new very best of compilation , 28 tracks in total .
    More info and tracklist right here
    "Simplicity is the key to brilliance"
    •  
      CommentAuthorBhelPuri
    • CommentTimeMar 27th 2009
    Stefan Nilsson - Pelle the Conqueror / Björn Isfält - My Life as a Dog

Got it for $15 and thought it was a great deal. Today I came across it in Amazon for under $5. cry
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeMar 27th 2009
    BhelPuri wrote
    Stefan Nilsson - Pelle the Conqueror / Björn Isfält - My Life as a Dog

Got it for $15 and thought it was a great deal. Today I came across it in Amazon for under $5. cry

Indeed. PELLE is an absolutely gorgeous score. That theme!!
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeMar 28th 2009
    News at SoundtrackCollector
    Sounds Of The Times
    24-Mar-2009 - Dutton Vocalion has released a very special compilation album, Sounds Of The Times. The twenty-five tracks on this CD are from a cross-section of albums issued during the heyday of the KPM recorded music library, along with a few choice cuts from the Conroy library's archives. They were - and in KPM's case still are - among the world's leading suppliers of pre-recorded ('library') music to the radio, film and TV industries. During the 1960s and '70s many of Britain's foremost arranger-composers, like Alan Hawkshaw, Christopher Gunning, David Lindup, John Cameron, John Scott, Keith Mansfield, and Johnny Pearson, to name a few, wrote for both companies, and some fine examples of their work from that period are featured here. The KPM material presented here is from the '1000' series, possibly the most successful and probably the most famous series of recordings in the history of library music. The styles range from orchestral and big band to rock and small group, but uniting them all are the funk rythms of the 70s.
    The CD is available from Dutton Vocalion.

Looks at least for me to be an interesting release.
    Thomas
    listen to more classical music!
  2. Just got
    Iron Will - McNeely
    Sommersby - Elfman
    La Califfa - Morricone
    In From the Night/Silver Bells - McKenzie
    Gospel of John - J. Danna
    Jerry Goldsmith 40 years 4 disc compilation thing - some guy
  3. christopher wrote
    Just got
    Iron Will - McNeely
    Sommersby - Elfman
    La Califfa - Morricone
    In From the Night/Silver Bells - McKenzie
    Gospel of John - J. Danna
    Jerry Goldsmith 40 years 4 disc compilation thing - some guy

quite diverse collection, but interesting and beautiful releases all the same
    enjoy bud
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorMiya
    • CommentTimeMar 28th 2009
    Just received today and I'm listening now...

FREEDOM: Piano Stories 4 - Joe Hisaishi

All tracks are great but it's worth buying even only for Oriental Wind! punk
    Labels are for cans, not people. - Anthony Rapp
  4. sdtom wrote
    News at SoundtrackCollector
    Sounds Of The Times
    24-Mar-2009 - Dutton Vocalion has released a very special compilation album, Sounds Of The Times. The twenty-five tracks on this CD are from a cross-section of albums issued during the heyday of the KPM recorded music library, along with a few choice cuts from the Conroy library's archives. They were - and in KPM's case still are - among the world's leading suppliers of pre-recorded ('library') music to the radio, film and TV industries. During the 1960s and '70s many of Britain's foremost arranger-composers, like Alan Hawkshaw, Christopher Gunning, David Lindup, John Cameron, John Scott, Keith Mansfield, and Johnny Pearson, to name a few, wrote for both companies, and some fine examples of their work from that period are featured here. The KPM material presented here is from the '1000' series, possibly the most successful and probably the most famous series of recordings in the history of library music. The styles range from orchestral and big band to rock and small group, but uniting them all are the funk rythms of the 70s.
    The CD is available from Dutton Vocalion.

Looks at least for me to be an interesting release.
    Thomas

I also saw this, Tom, and headed over to their site to have a look at the details for this release. Although I recognise several names in the list, there's nothing else to grab me as a potential buyer. I see that a lot of the music is from libraries - so I may have come across some of this music...I may even like some of it. But, unless there's some additional information (for example, where these pieces may have been heard before) it's just another obscure album.

I suppose I equate this release with something I recently bought that seems to be along similar lines. "Kung Fu Super Sounds" is a collection of library music used in some Shaw Brothers kung fu movies. On the surface, of no interest to me. But some of De Wolfe's library music has been used in something I knew - Edward Michael's "Rite De la Terre-Earth" was used in a movie called Avenging Angel but I recognise it from a TV show from my childhood, "Timeslip". Therefore, a worthwhile purchase!!

Maybe their marketing department need to think a bit more about their potential audience?
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorJoep
    • CommentTimeApr 6th 2009
    Ennio Morricone - Love Affair
    Craig Armstrong - Kiss of the Dragon
    Armand Amar - La Terre Vue du Ciel
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Nightwing - Henry Mancini
    Hanover Street - John Barry

Anyone know when these ship?
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorBhelPuri
    Joep wrote
    Ennio Morricone - Love Affair
    Armand Amar - La Terre Vue du Ciel

Awesome picks! The Morricone is gorgeous. The Amar is fantastic (esp. the long cues).
  5. Timmer wrote

I think they're release date is 6th April - so, any day now!!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Timmer wrote

I think they're release date is 6th April - so, any day now!!

Cheers Alan. smile
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeApr 7th 2009
    I'm thinking about Dr. Kildare
    listen to more classical music!
  6. sdtom wrote
    I'm thinking about Dr. Kildare

I didn't have to think to much, Tom. Early TV Goldsmith is reason enough - but there's also music by some composers that I'm not too familiar with: Mort Stevens, for example.

With purse strings tightening, it wasn't too difficult to prioritise this release over some of the more recent releases.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBhelPuri
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    BhelPuri wrote
    Blind purchase-
    Michel Cusson - Aurore

Indeed! It's a beauty. I picked up another Cusson score- Seraphin: Un Homme et Son Peche
  7. BhelPuri wrote
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    BhelPuri wrote
    Blind purchase-
    Michel Cusson - Aurore

Indeed! It's a beauty. I picked up another Cusson score- Seraphin: Un Homme et Son Peche

For me, Seraphin is even better!
  8. - Blizzard (Mark McKenzie)
    - Princess and the Pea (Alan Williams) the samples sound stunning shocked
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorBhelPuri
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    For me, Seraphin is even better!

Any more Cusson recommendations?
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeApr 8th 2009 edited
    Secret WEapons Over Normandy (Michael Giacchino)
    punk punk

Long time since I wanted this one. Finally!
    Very nice booklet btw.

(Erik, do you happen to be in one of the crew photos or am I wrong?)
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    • CommentTimeApr 10th 2009
    Arvo Part - In Principio

After my usual online retailer didn't have it, nor listed as 'upcoming', and my favorite bookstore in Utrecht (with the biggest classical department of the city, darn it) went bankrupt, I didn't expect to see it anytime soon. Quite surprised I was, then, when I found it at a pretty commercial warehouse while I happened to walk past the classical cd's. Didn't hesitate a second cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    WANT!

How is it like?
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBhelPuri
    A late attempt to double my Gordon collection-

Christopher Gordon - soundtrack for Melbourne 2006 Commonwealth Games
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    BobdH wrote
    Arvo Part - In Principio

After my usual online retailer didn't have it, nor listed as 'upcoming', and my favorite bookstore in Utrecht (with the biggest classical department of the city, darn it) went bankrupt, I didn't expect to see it anytime soon. Quite surprised I was, then, when I found it at a pretty commercial warehouse while I happened to walk past the classical cd's. Didn't hesitate a second cool

What D said.

How about a short review on the 'Off Topic' NP thread?
  9. BhelPuri wrote

Where did you find this?
    •  
      CommentAuthorBhelPuri
    christopher wrote
    BhelPuri wrote

Where did you find this?

Ebay. There are still some available.
    • CommentAuthorJoep
    Mike Redman's Anagram. It's a Dutch score to a documentary that visualises the artworks of a certain artist. The score is full of wonderful natural sounds (seagulls, sawings sounds etc).