• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorJoep
    • CommentTimeApr 10th 2009
    José Nieto's Guantanamera - My first Cuban score written by a Spanish composer
    The Pianist - Chopin, Chopin and one Wojchiech Kilar cue
  1. BhelPuri wrote
    christopher wrote
    BhelPuri wrote
    A late attempt to double my Gordon collection-

Christopher Gordon - soundtrack for Melbourne 2006 Commonwealth Games

Where did you find this?

Ebay. There are still some available.

you're gonna love this one

love the song too at the end, very uplifting stuff
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    • CommentTimeApr 11th 2009
    Just bought Elfman's Batman and Arnold's The Musketeer. smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeApr 11th 2009
    William wrote
    Just bought Elfman's Batman and Arnold's The Musketeer. smile

The Musketeer is a [dare I say it] very underrated score from Arnold! Great heroic theme, great action music and the album never feels too long.

I assume you've heard Batman before?
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    • CommentTimeApr 11th 2009 edited
    Steven wrote
    I assume you've heard Batman before?

Never before heard Batman. I mean, I recognize and love the main theme, but have never before heard the OST.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBhelPuri
    • CommentTimeApr 12th 2009
    Was listening to SST and heard the track Stanley, Frank, Linda's Breakdown from Magnolia by Jon Brion. Whoah! Bought the score!
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeApr 13th 2009
    I just bought Wall-E and Cloverfield on blu-ray. The first is a charming and gorgeous looking film which I adore, and the second is something which is not my usual cup of tea. Horror movies are not my thing at all, but Cloverfield is a 100% technical marvel and I can only imagine what this is going to look like in HD (although I'm also preparing to shit myself again).
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Marselus wrote
    Secret WEapons Over Normandy (Michael Giacchino)
    punk punk

Long time since I wanted this one. Finally!
    Very nice booklet btw.

(Erik, do you happen to be in one of the crew photos or am I wrong?)

Yup! wink

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Erik Woods wrote
    Marselus wrote
    Secret WEapons Over Normandy (Michael Giacchino)
    punk punk

Long time since I wanted this one. Finally!
    Very nice booklet btw.

(Erik, do you happen to be in one of the crew photos or am I wrong?)

Yup! wink

-Erik-

I knew it was you! smile
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    I've just managed to pick up Lost season 4 on blu-ray for £25 though an amazon trader. They say it's new, not imported and is UK PAL, but it's still half the price everywhere else has it at. Fingers crossed it's ok..
  2. Anthony wrote
    I've just managed to pick up Lost season 4 on blu-ray for £25 though an amazon trader. They say it's new, not imported and is UK PAL, but it's still half the price everywhere else has it at. Fingers crossed it's ok..

saw a commercial about it, it looks stunning on Blu-Ray
    Sadly Lost isn't a show you can watch again time and time again, at least for me
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    • CommentTimeApr 14th 2009
    Just bought Williams' War of the Worlds and Julyan's The Prestige. cheesy
  3. Found Batman Returns, Don Juan De Marco, and Mr. Holland's Opus at a used CD store last week. I also just ordered Snow Falling on Cedars and it arrived today. I'm listening to it right now for the first time and it's...quiet.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeApr 14th 2009 edited
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    Sadly Lost isn't a show you can watch again time and time again, at least for me

And that's why I have season 4 on iTunes and DVD already...I'm the complete opposite. tongue wink

*I'm poor now*
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    christopher wrote
    Found Batman Returns, Don Juan De Marco, and Mr. Holland's Opus at a used CD store last week. I also just ordered Snow Falling on Cedars and it arrived today. I'm listening to it right now for the first time and it's...quiet.

Yeah, but POWERFUL. It's a soundtrack I play very often, more in line with what I like to listen to these days (I hardly ever play my big, noisy adventure scores anymore).
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorEric
    50 Years Of The Music Of Laurie Johnson (Volume 3) - Laurie Johnson

Disc One : Original Soundtrack Recordings From The New Avengers
    Disc Two : Music From The Stage Musicals : Lock Up Your Daughters and The Four Musketeers
    Disc Three : Film Scores & TV Themes Anf Performances By The London Big Band

Superb stuff and this practically for free !
    Only € 10,49 !
    "Simplicity is the key to brilliance"
    • CommentAuthorJoep
    Armand Amar - Vu du Ciel
    •  
      CommentAuthorBhelPuri
    Joep wrote
    Armand Amar - Vu du Ciel

punk
    • CommentAuthorJoep
    I'm slowly starting to buy all the remaining scores I have been enjoying for such a long time... I must say I didn't like the digipack release of La Piste, unlike the extraordinary non-jewelcase release of La Terre Vue du Ciel! I've read the Vu du Ciel is a release in the same league, so I can't wait. The only thing that's rather sloppy is the placement of the cd.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBhelPuri
    You mean that you had the music before but are buying the cds now?

La Terre Vue du Ciel is a lavish production on cd. Just beautiful.
    Vu du Ciel is digipack sad
  4. Objective Burma! - Franz Waxman
    L'Idée - Arthur Honegger
    Dr. Kildare - Jerry Goldsmith & others
    The Triumphant General Rouge - Naoki Sato
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorJoep
    Yes, sort of BhelPuri. I'd bought several Amar cd's and then wanted to hear everything else too. Now I'm trying to complete my collection by buying all remaining scores.

I really through I'd read that Vu Du Ciel is another special release. Why can't sellers mention if it's a digipack?
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeApr 15th 2009
    Timmer wrote
    Nightwing - Henry Mancini
    Hanover Street - John Barry

Anyone know when these ship?

Received them today. cool

Now on order...

Master of The World etc - Les Baxter ( a childhood favourite )

One Little Indian - Goldsmith

Twilight Zone The Movie - Goldsmith
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  5. Timmer wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Nightwing - Henry Mancini
    Hanover Street - John Barry

Anyone know when these ship?

Received them today. cool

rolleyes

I've only just received word today that these have shipped (together with Lure of The Wilderness).

Also on order with SAE:

Don Zeno - Paolo Vivaldi
    One Little Indian - Jerry Goldsmith
    Twilight Zone: The Movie - Jerry Goldsmith
    The Home of Dark Butterflies - Panu Aaltio
    Shadows - Ryan Shore
    Disconnect - Alan Williams
    Icy Killers - Alan Williams
    Two For The Seesaw - André Previn

Not all in one order - and some are being held up with pre-ordered titles.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorJoep
    • CommentTimeApr 17th 2009 edited
    Pino Donaggio - Oorlogswinter (??th copy. Bought two of them. I've stopped counting how many in total shame )
    Michael Kamen - Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves (2nd copy)
    Craig Armstrong - As Is To As Nothing (2nd copy, since my first was damaged)
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeApr 17th 2009
    Why do you buy multiple copies?
    • CommentAuthorJoep
    • CommentTimeApr 17th 2009 edited
    Let me explain myself one more time (perhaps I should put this text in my signature):

Mostly because they're cheap and I know (or guess) someone wants to buy the cd.
    I let myself go with Oorlogswinter, because it is a special score to me and want to have a bunch of reserves for myself and some for those who are interested in a copy.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Joep wrote
    Let me explain myself one more time (perhaps I should put this text in my signature):

Mostly because they're cheap and I know (or guess) someone wants to buy the cd.
    I let myself go with Oorlogswinter, because it is a special score to me and want to have a bunch of reserves for myself and some for those who are interested in a copy.

confused

Try that again?

Are you buying up a whole bunch of them in hopes of re-selling them?

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    • CommentAuthorJoep
    Yes, I buy them in hopes of re-selling them. Now, I don't often come across an entire bunch of cheap cd's of the same scores. This particular score is an exceptional case.

But I don't do it to make profit, no. I think that's what you suspected, right? It's more like a service to friends/filmmusic fans who are seeking for a certain scores or who might be interested in a score if it's cheap. There was a short period wherein I tried to earn some cash by selling for more, but it took so much energy and I didn't gain much from it.
  6. Joep wrote
    Yes, I buy them in hopes of re-selling them. Now, I don't often come across an entire bunch of cheap cd's of the same scores. This particular score is an exceptional case.

But I don't do it to make profit, no. I think that's what you suspected, right? It's more like a service to friends/filmmusic fans who are seeking for a certain scores or who might be interested in a score if it's cheap. There was a short period wherein I tried to earn some cash by selling for more, but it took so much energy and I didn't gain much from it.

you must understand, there's a saying we Belgians use about Dutch people

they are cheap, and by buying cheap stuff they hope to re sell it for larger sums
    Hence, Dutch people do this all the time

But it seems Joep is far more gentle than this, he just does it to help friends out smile
    You still have my ID4 copy Joep angry wink