• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeOct 17th 2009
    christopher wrote
    The New World is lovely. I've heard it all the way through once before, and have wanted to buy it ever since.

One of my favourite film music albums.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    christopher wrote
    The New World is lovely. I've heard it all the way through once before, and have wanted to buy it ever since.

It is. On CD smile
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    I apparently ordered a copy of Cutthroat Island complete for $15. Now I'm worried it's going to get lost or majorly delayed in the postal strikes next week. slant
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Great purchase Ant. And for a very good price!
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorFalkirkBairn
    • CommentTimeOct 17th 2009 edited
    Southall wrote
    My SAE order of many weeks ago containing Rent-a-Cop, Last Embrace, China Syndrome and Allonsanfan is yet to ship. No idea why, since all the items appeared to be in stock.

I've found that there are items in the SAE catalogue that they list but don't seem to have in stock - particularly titles from Europe and beyond. Or it could just be the state of our postal service at the moment?

Recent arrivals:

10 To Midnight - Robert O. Ragland
    Anno 1701* - Pierre Langer & Tilman Sillescu
    Fall of The Empire - Alexei Aigui
    Knife Edge* - Guy Farley
    Order of War* - Jeremy Soule
    Scarecrows - Terry Plumeri
    Space: 1999 - Year 2* - Derek Wadsworth
    Bladestorm: The Hundred Years' War* - Jamie Christopherson
    Warhawk* - Christopher Lennertz
    Quand Les Egyptiens Naviguaient Sur La Mer Rouge* - Bernard Becker

*Downloads

On order:

Escape From The Planet of The Apes - Jerry Goldsmith
    Wolfhound - Aleksei Rybnikov
    Children of The Corn (VCL) - Jonathan Elias
    Pajama Gladiator - Alan Williams
    The Black Stallion - Carmine Coppola
    Halloween II - John Carpenter / Allan Howarth
    Bananas / Everything You Wanted To Know About Sex... - Marvin Hamlisch
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  1. Anthony wrote
    I apparently ordered a copy of Cutthroat Island complete for $15. Now I'm worried it's going to get lost or majorly delayed in the postal strikes next week. slant

I know what you mean. It's a race against time for the things I've been waiting for to arrive. I've been waiting 4-5 weeks on some things from SAE to ship because of pre-ordered items in parcels.

Tick...tick...tick...
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Chris Lennert'z Warhawk - that's available on CD?? confused
  2. Anthony wrote
    Chris Lennert'z Warhawk - that's available on CD?? confused

Nope.

Since I couldn't find it any other way I just "recorded" the best version I could find on YouTube.

Now I know that this is not the best version there is, but if I hadn't have done this then I wouldn't have it at all. And sometimes you can find reasonably good quality versions - that are hopefully just a stopgap until a CD or legit download becomes available.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Just received FIVE MAN ARMY this morning. cool
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  3. Anthony wrote
    Now I'm worried it's going to get lost or majorly delayed in the postal strikes next week. slant

shocked What postal strike?
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Here in England next week, there's already a backlog of mail many people haven't received.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  4. Was just getting out of the house and away from the walking track since that's pretty much all I do, and went to places (cookie place in the mall, candy store in the mall) andstopped by FYE music store. I used to pop in there from time-to-time just to rummage threw the CDs and see what was discounted or used and thusly price lowered.

Prices are high, of course, but I found two things that I thought about getting:

1. Back to Titanic (Horner)

2. "In the Heat of the Night" / "They Call Me Mr. Tibbs!" (Quincy Jones)

Thought it over, made the now wise decision (as I am listening to it) of getting the second. Not sure how to categorize it. Lightly bluesly, with some '70's funk I would guess.

I knew I already liked the score because I saw the film for the first time just a few months ago. As I reported here at the board, excellent movie!

Will write a review of the CD in the coming couple weeks.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBhelPuri
    • CommentTimeOct 19th 2009
    Christopher Gordon - Mao's Last Dancer smile
    $17.75 incl. shipping to USA, from Chaos.com
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeOct 20th 2009
    Timmer wrote
    Here in England next week, there's already a backlog of mail many people haven't received.

No doubt including all the things I ordered. Fantastic Mr Fox was despatched yesterday... will it make it?
  5. Man, that's terrible. Sorry to all you English chaps...
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    It's the most stupid strike ever, too. I've no idea what they're striking against but they're almost certainly destroying their company, which until now has pretty much had a monopoly on mail delivery - and now many of the big companies are being forced to use alternatives. It reminds me a bit of the strikes which pretty much killed the British motor industry 30 years ago.
    • CommentAuthorJoep
    Bruno Coulais - Les Rivières Pourpres
    Caleb Sampson - Fast, Cheap & Out of Control
    Martin Todsharow - Rosenklavier (second copy)
    Windkracht 10 Deel 1 (second copy)
    •  
      CommentAuthorMiya
    Just received but not yet opened:
    Nuovo Cinema Paradiso - Ennio Morricone love

Also ordered:
    Bee Movie - Rupert Gregson-Williams
    Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events - Thomas Newman

But I'm a bit busy this month... hope I have some more time to "sit and listen" next month dizzy
    Labels are for cans, not people. - Anthony Rapp
  6. Southall wrote
    It's the most stupid strike ever, too...

Quite a pleasant surprise: my Escape From The Planet of The Apes/Children of The Corn/Wolfhound package was delivered today!

lick
  7. - House of Cards (Horner): so happy I bought this as it got sold out shortly thereafter.

- Silverado (Broughton): maybe I have heard the theme, but I can't remember it, this is the Intrada double disc complete score. Will it be as good as I'm hoping it will be? Better than Tombstone?
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeOct 26th 2009
    I prefered Tombstone, to be honest, but I'm not the biggest Broughton fan around.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    I prefer Tombstone, and I AM [one of] the biggest Broughton fans around. Still, Silverado is one of my favourites too. The 2 disc soundtrack to Silverado can easily be condensed into about 50 or so minutes, which makes for a far more enjoyable listen than its entirety in my opinion.
  8. Ah another case of bigger isn't necessarily better!

Oh well! I'll wait to judge upon listening to it.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    There's a lot of dissonant scoring, and that's pretty much what clogs up a potentially brilliant album. Every note is brilliant scoring, don't get me wrong. But it doesn't always make the easiest of listens.

Still, there is some FANTASTIC music on the album. I'd be surprised if you don't like the end credits music! (I'll also put a curse on you if you don't. You've been warned.)
  9. Gotcha but no curses for me please. I've seen Drag Me to Hell.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    I can't promise anything. I'm a pretty hardcore Broughton fan.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Ooooffff...Broughton dissonant scoring... slant
    Good luck, Gilles. It's not something that I would enjoy a bit (but honestly, I didn't even like the Silverado commercial album when it first came out at -I think- 44 minutes or so).
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Martijn wrote
    I prefered Tombstone, to be honest, but I'm not the biggest Broughton fan around.

Join the (small) club smile

DreamTheater wrote
    Gotcha but no curses for me please. I've seen Drag Me to Hell.

Very humorous and entertaining, isn't it?
    •  
      CommentAuthorDreamTheater
    • CommentTimeOct 26th 2009 edited
    DreamTheater wrote

Yup! It started out as a creepfest but it got more hilarious as the film went on. That final moment is just such a wise decision. It couldn't have ended differently, it shouldn't have and I'm happy it hasn't. That's Raimi for you... So good he decided not to make another run-of-the-mill horror flick.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    DreamTheater wrote
    DreamTheater wrote

Yup! It started out as a creepfest but it got more hilarious as the film went on. That final moment is just such a wise decision. It couldn't have ended differently, it shouldn't have and I'm happy it hasn't. That's Raimi for you... So good he decided not to make another run-of-the-mill horror flick.

That is GOOD Raimi. 'Cause i could never stand the crappy Spiderman universe. But with this, This is a phenomenally entertaining return to the throne!