• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorkeky
    • CommentTimeJun 3rd 2009
    The Michael Kamen Soundtrack Album also known as Michael Kamen's Opus

Kamen is one of those composers whose music has never been able to touch me. I found this CD in an online store for very cheap so I thought I might give it a try. I still find most of Kamen's music hard to like but I have to admit that the music from Circle of Friends, Crusoe, Highlander, The Winter Guest and The Edge of Darkness are great. I particularly love Crusoe, that's simply wonderful, I listened to it again and again.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Southall wrote
    franz_conrad wrote
    NP: Up (Giacchino)

Very good, I think.
    And there's even a waltz! Nice to know Williams and Desplat aren't the only ones who can still write good ones. smile

I've struggled to become attached to this one. It's nice music but hasn't yet made a connection with me. Seems a long way behind the finesse of Ratatouille (my favourite Giacchino).

Maybe more listens and watching the movie might do it? It seems to have been the case with a lot of people and Giacchino lately smile

n.p. ALBERTO IGLESIAS - carne trimula

Rarely does film music go into musical areas as beautiful and exotic as this score here, and Iglesias' work in general.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    A question for Marcel ( or anyone else who might know? )

Who did the music for the 1972 TV movie La Cabina ( The Telephone Box )? Not much score but a few of the pieces are mouthwateringly wantable.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Isn't it on imdb?
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Christodoulides wrote
    Isn't it on imdb?

No, that was the first place I checked.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    ENNIO MORRICONE - 72 metra

Gorgeous.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Christodoulides wrote

Gorgeous.

An original copy D? It goes for a lot of money these days.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Timmer wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

Gorgeous.

Does it really? I've got two! One I bought, and one which just arrived without explanation.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Timmer wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

Gorgeous.

No sad
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Changed to ENNIO MORRICONE - fateless

One of the most beautiful scores written in the last 10 years.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeJun 3rd 2009 edited
    Timmer wrote

Who did the music for the 1972 TV movie La Cabina ( The Telephone Box )? Not much score but a few of the pieces are mouthwateringly wantable.

Ok according to THIS, THIS and THIS, the music is by an Alfonso de Vilallonga.

Now, there´s a catalan composer named Alfonso de Vilallonga (composer of "Transsiberian") but he was born in 1960; La Cabina was shot and released in 1972, so unless he was 12 when he composed La Cabina, it has to be a coincidence.
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorMiya
    • CommentTimeJun 3rd 2009 edited
    NP: Toy Story 2 - Randy Newman

Even though this score no longer impresses me as much as when I was a teen (I was a big Pixar fan until Monsters Inc.), this is a good score. Buzz's heroic theme is very exiting, Western themes are so fun, and even songs are great! (Actually I always enjoy Randy's songs unlike some people here wink)

I must get Toy Story someday...
    Labels are for cans, not people. - Anthony Rapp
    •  
      CommentAuthorkeky
    Christodoulides wrote

Gorgeous.
    Christodoulides wrote
    Changed to ENNIO MORRICONE - fateless

One of the most beautiful scores written in the last 10 years.

Agreed and agreed.
  1. Southall wrote
    franz_conrad wrote

Very good, I think.
    And there's even a waltz! Nice to know Williams and Desplat aren't the only ones who can still write good ones. smile

I've struggled to become attached to this one. It's nice music but hasn't yet made a connection with me. Seems a long way behind the finesse of Ratatouille (my favourite Giacchino).

Oh, I don't think it's nearly that good. But it is good, and it's far more engaging to me than STAR TREK, although that's not a bad score.
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
  2. Southall wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

Gorgeous.

Does it really? I've got two! One I bought, and one which just arrived without explanation.

I keep telling you, it was just meant to be a short term loan! About time you sent it back! biggrin
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Marselus wrote
    Timmer wrote

Ok according to THIS, THIS and THIS, the music is by an Alfonso de Vilallonga.

Now, there´s a catalan composer named Alfonso de Vilallonga (composer of "Transsiberian") but he was born in 1960; La Cabina was shot and released in 1972, so unless he was 12 when he composed La Cabina, it has to be a coincidence.

Hmmmm? confused

A difficult one to suss.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    NP: Seven Years In Tibet - John Williams

JW is undoubtebly a real master of emotional music, and this is just one of those scores that proves it. Lovely musical journey.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    DemonStar wrote

JW is undoubtebly a real master of emotional music, and this is just one of those scores that proves it. Lovely musical journey.

I find it a bit of a drag getting through the whole score but some of the music, particularly the main title is sublime cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Timmer wrote
    DemonStar wrote

I find it a bit of a drag getting through the whole score but some of the music, particularly the main title is sublime cool

I've yet to make it all the way through that album! And I haven't given it a listen for ages, I only ever find myself in the mood for the main theme.
  3. Timmer wrote
    DemonStar wrote

I really must listen to this one again... And whenever the Williams scores use the main titles as a reprise at the end, I refuse to listen to track 1 and just start at number 2 (same with SPR for example). I want to keep the best for last. Beautiful, gorgeous main (end) title.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    Southall wrote
    franz_conrad wrote

Very good, I think.

With u here.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBhelPuri
    Recently played...

Christopher Gordon - Melbourne 2006: XVIII Commonwealth Games Opening Ceremony

This is great stuff! cool
    Any more Gordon works like this?
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    NP : MINORITY REPORT - John Williams

I really have to be in the right mood for this one, not a favourite but still darned good. cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    BhelPuri wrote
    Recently played...

Christopher Gordon - Melbourne 2006: XVIII Commonwealth Games Opening Ceremony

This is great stuff! cool
    Any more Gordon works like this?

punk

Oh, and yes there is. Sydney: A Story Of A City is very akin to his Commonwealth music, and I could NOT recommend his Rugby music more! (My favourite piece of music by Gordon I've heard thus far.)

Gordon is one of those composers who's music just clicks with me, I can't get enough of it.
  4. NP: THE YOUNG VICTORIA -- Ilan Eshkeri

As expected, a lot of classical music is heard alongside the score
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    NP : ENDURING LOVE - Jeremy Sams

Lovely score. A big Vaughan Williams 'Lark Ascending' influence in this.....no bad thing. cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    DemonStar wrote

Can't listen to this shame I've heard it 5-6 times and that's it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Timmer wrote
    NP : MINORITY REPORT - John Williams

I really have to be in the right mood for this one, not a favourite but still darned good. cool

Absolutely love this sound; WAR OF THE WORLDS even more wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    NP: Twilight - Carter Burwell

Haven't heard this one in awhile.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    William wrote
    NP: Twilight - Carter Burwell