• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeApr 26th 2008
    LSH wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Oh, and come back Harry Hill's TV Burp.....bloody excellent!

Definitely, I agree. ITV's only saving grace. It returns in the Autumn I think, when I won't even be in the country. sad

Where you off to Lee?
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    Timmer wrote
    LSH wrote
    Timmer wrote

Definitely, I agree. ITV's only saving grace. It returns in the Autumn I think, when I won't even be in the country. sad

Where you off to Lee?

I'm going to visit my lovely Aunt in Australia for a few months (hopefully more). cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    I want such an aunt too! cheesy
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    Bregt wrote
    I want such an aunt too! cheesy

You should see her house! Apparantly it's gotten bigger since the last time I visited.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    She has a house that grows by itself? shocked
    Kazoo
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    LSH wrote
    Timmer wrote
    LSH wrote
    Timmer wrote

Where you off to Lee?

I'm going to visit my lovely Aunt in Australia for a few months (hopefully more). cool

Excellent! cool
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    Bregt wrote
    She has a house that grows by itself? shocked

Apparantly.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeApr 26th 2008 edited
    * DIE HARD 4

Slick action film with some amazing setpieces *SPOILER* such as truck vs. F-35, car vs. helicopter etc. Still, though, I could be without the young and "nerdy" comic sidekick with snappy comments. I'd also love to see more character development in these films, although I'm perfectly aware that that's not why people go to see them in the first place.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Thor wrote
    * DIE HARD 4

Slick action film with some amazing setpieces *SPOILER* such as truck vs. F-35, car vs. helicopter etc.

Big spoiler indeed. Sure wouldn't want to give that away... you know, like the trailer does.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Steven wrote
    Thor wrote
    * DIE HARD 4

Slick action film with some amazing setpieces *SPOILER* such as truck vs. F-35, car vs. helicopter etc.

Big spoiler indeed. Sure wouldn't want to give that away... you know, like the trailer does.

Ha, ha...you're right. Well, I guess you can never be too careful with these things. I'm often annoyed by people who think that everyone else in the world sees as much film as they do and post reviews without any warning of crucial plot points given away.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAtham
    • CommentTimeApr 27th 2008
    AVPR

What's with the brightness/contrast? Couldn't see a bloody thing!!!

Judging by what I could hear it must have been a very intelectual film! rolleyes
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Atham wrote
    AVPR

What's with the brightness/contrast? Couldn't see a bloody thing!!!

Judging by what I could hear it must have been a very intelectual film! rolleyes

LOL biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    * WHAT WOMEN WANT

Bleargh...
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    ALIEN VS PREDATOR: REQUIEM

This sequel makes the first one a Masterpiece.

The first half is so full of cliches, so boring, that seems a copy and paste of every teenager terror movie ever made.

Luckly, the movie offers what you expect in the final act in the Hospital. Fuc_ing Cool! Atention to the pregnant and the Alien....And to a very Gore killings of the main characters beer

About Tyler music...I don't like it very much as an album, but in the movie is brilliant!!!! I couldn't resist my entusiasm when I heard the homenages to "futile Scape" or Silvestri's Score.

I started to applause when in the final scene when people is scaping with the helicopter and tyler use the "bishop's countdown" cue!

Great job Mr Tyler!
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeApr 27th 2008 edited
    LAST ACTION HERO

Ok, I haven't quite seen the very end of this, but from the 90% I have seen I love this movie! It's very, very funny and I love all the winks and nods to other action movies (I especially like the "this is a movie, hence we're invincible!" thing.) Very cool. The last act was a bit predictable (movie Arnie running into real life Arnie), but every bit as enjoyable. I thought this was scored by Silvestri, but now I've looked on IMDB I see it's Kamen. So that's why the Die Hard terrorist theme shows up at one point (I thought they were just trying to be clever at first). Hehe. smile
  1. Something more clever is the fact that the film was directed by Die Hard's John McTiernan.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Schweet. Like I said, I haven't even got to the credits yet. biggrin wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeApr 28th 2008
    Nautilus wrote
    About Tyler music...I don't like it very much as an album, but in the movie is brilliant!!!! I couldn't resist my entusiasm when I heard the homenages to "futile Scape" or Silvestri's Score.

Really? The music is mixed so badly that I couldn´t recognise a single cue of the soundtrack. The "Decimation Proclamation" track, which is a highlight of the score, is mixed terribly with the sound effects. Poor job.
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
  2. Started watching THE LAST WINTER earlier - I enjoy Jeff Grace's score quite a bit and I wanted to see the movie. But, I got fed up waiting for something to happen and gave up. What worried me was that when something did eventually did happen it just would not justify the effort of staying with it...and most of the music I heard was Anton Sanko's effective soundscape stuff.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    Marselus wrote
    Nautilus wrote

Really? The music is mixed so badly that I couldn´t recognise a single cue of the soundtrack. The "Decimation Proclamation" track, which is a highlight of the score, is mixed terribly with the sound effects. Poor job.

I didn't talk about the mixing sound in the movie, I talked about the music itself.

Anyway, in the DVD I noticed very clearly the music.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Thor wrote
    * WHAT WOMEN WANT

Bleargh...

WHY?!
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeApr 28th 2008 edited
    Because it's a shit of a movie?
    (Sorry. Slightly faeces-focused these days...but it is a very poor excuse for a film)
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    Christodoulides wrote
    Thor wrote
    * WHAT WOMEN WANT

Bleargh...

WHY?!

I really like this movie!

Gibson rules!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Nautilus wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    Thor wrote
    * WHAT WOMEN WANT

Bleargh...

WHY?!

I really like this movie!

Gibson rules!

I thought it was quite charming but I may have been just in the right mood to watch it.

I certainly wouldn't bother watching it again.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Clichéed, sexist, boring, you name it.
    I am extremely serious.
  3. Sexist?

It was written and directed by a woman!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeApr 29th 2008
    Women can't be sexist? confused
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Martijn wrote
    Women can't be sexist? confused

heh. Indeed. WHAT WOMEN WANT is the epitome of crap people, get over it wink
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Watched Blood Diamond last night. A very good film though a bit too Hollywood for my taste and not helped by JNH's score which in some scenes was totally unecessary.

All the cast were top notch and convincing.
  4. The overscoring is a problem Edward Zwick tends to have in his movies.