• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeNov 4th 2008
    Christodoulides wrote
    WANTED

MIND-BLOWING! shocked

Really!? Wow, I had no interest in this film until now.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Transformers

As a SFX film, it's a masterpiece. As a film, it's ridiculously entertaining with good friends and strong beer.
  1. Steven wrote
    Transformers

As a SFX film, it's a masterpiece. As a film, it's ridiculously entertaining with good friends and strong beer.

Great analysis - I agree with every word written.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote
    Transformers

I so agree with that sentiment! ( I haven't seen Transformers ) A festival of visuals in the company of friends and veins awash with alcohol punk
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Christodoulides wrote
    WANTED

MIND-BLOWING! shocked

Agreed. That final sequence is almost like a ballet...

...with guns.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeNov 4th 2008 edited
    Anthony wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    WANTED

MIND-BLOWING! shocked

Agreed. That final sequence is almost like a ballet...

...with guns.

Yes, but made in the editing room. You wanna see REAL bullet ballets? Watch the Hong Kong films of John Woo or any film by Johnnie To. Now that´s action, not visual effects edited to look like action.
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeNov 5th 2008
    Yes, but they don't have neither Angelina Jolie or the looks of WANTED, or the Danny Elfman's score. Kthanxbai
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Christodoulides wrote
    Yes, but they don't have neither Angelina Jolie

You mean Angelina "I´m a walking skull" Jolie?

Christodoulides wrote
    or the looks of WANTED

Well, most of it CGI generated.

Christodoulides wrote
    or the Danny Elfman's score. Kthanxbai

No, but I don´t change a good score for an overall much better film.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    1) YOU $(@)()@(

2) Don't care how it was created wink

3) I would wink

wave
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    1) Really, she is a living dead in Wanted.

2) Neither do I, usually. But lately I find most of the action films more an editor/VFX crew work rather than a director´s work.

3) Don´t change the last 45 minutes of John Woo´s "Hard Boiled" (now that´s action) for the best score ever composed.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeNov 5th 2008 edited
    Marselus wrote
    1) Really, she is a living dead in Wanted.

2) Neither do I, usually. But lately I find most of the action films more an editor/VFX crew work rather than a director´s work.

3) Don´t change the last 45 minutes of John Woo´s "Hard Boiled" (now that´s action) for the best score ever composed.

I agree with Marcel D, Angelina's body looks awful with knobbly bones sticking out everwhere, her arms look sickening!

Gorgeous face though.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    I watched the classic Creature From The Black Lagoon last night. Did you know that the Universal horror movie cues were yet recycled in this picture again? They sure got their money out of those cues. In today's world Hans would be rich!!!
    listen to more classical music!
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeNov 6th 2008
    Revenge of the Creature used a lot of footage from the original and one of the old Salter cues again.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeNov 7th 2008
    The last film in the series is called The Creature Walks Among Us. If they ever wanted to remake this film or series all of them could be combined into one two hour movie.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeNov 7th 2008
    The score from this one however was a Stein one and pretty good
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeNov 8th 2008
    I forgot to mention that he didn't stray from the norm and used a harp for much of the underwater sequences.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    sdtom wrote
    I forgot to mention that he didn't stray from the norm and used a harp for much of the underwater sequences.

I would say a case of if it ain't broke don't fix it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Marcel, how was BODY OF LIES?
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeNov 8th 2008 edited
    Body of Lies is an entertaining and fast paced thriller with strong performances from Di Caprio and Mark Strong (who I didn´t know about but I´ll follow since now on). Fortunately the mixture of thriller and politics is perfectly balanced and there´s no ID4 / Air Force One moments of patriotism if you know what I mean (which, given the movie´s plot, I appreciated). Actually there are moments that are very Spy Game-ish (copying your brother, Ridley? biggrin ). Excellent photography, editing and directing. Streitenfeld´s score is good in the movie, very middle east oriented (obviously); nothing I look forward to listen out of the movie though.

3.5 out of 5
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Indy 4 came in the mail today (thanks for releasing everything early Play!). I don't know whether it's because I am suffering the worst hangover in ages and am completely out of it, but I thoroughly enjoyed it this time around. smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Anthony wrote
    Indy 4 came in the mail today (thanks for releasing everything early Play!). I don't know whether it's because I am suffering the worst hangover in ages and am completely out of it, but I thoroughly enjoyed it this time around. smile

Ok, you´re still drunk. Watch it again later and you´ll change your mind.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    Yet another movie with very little music. The 20th Century Fox version of The Hound of the Baskervilles with Rathbone/Bruce/Atwill/Carradine/Greene. Interesting to see Holmes in a top hat in one scene.
    Thomas smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Tonight I'm gonna indulge myself with three classic sci-fi films I've just got in: The Day The Earth Stood Still (Klaatu, Barada and Nikto are three aliens i Jabba the Hutt's palace smile ) , Invasion Of The Body Snatchers (Director Don Siegel is the cab driver in the remake) and my all-time cold war scifi/horror favourite The Thing From Another World. Now THAT's entertainment!!
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Martijn wrote
    Tonight I'm gonna indulge myself with three classic sci-fi films I've just got in: The Day The Earth Stood Still (Klaatu, Barada and Nikto are three aliens i Jabba the Hutt's palace smile ) , Invasion Of The Body Snatchers (Director Don Siegel is the cab driver in the remake) and my all-time cold war scifi/horror favourite The Thing From Another World. Now THAT's entertainment!!

Now that's a great trio punk beer
    •  
      CommentAuthoromaha
    Marselus wrote
    Anthony wrote

haha
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    OK, so basically we now have two new emoticons:
    :pawel: (which is roughly the equivalent of biggrin , though slightly more Polish)
    and :omaha: (which approximates smile with a Nebraskan flavour)
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeNov 8th 2008 edited
    Reclaim Your Brain (Dein Fernseher Lügt)

Very clever, witty and warm German film about hedonistic TV producer Rainer who, after surviving a car accident / murder attempt, realizes that all he's ever created is mind and emotion numbing crap.
    Deciding to change, he comes up with an idea for a show that really informs and teaches people, but in the ratings it's shot down. That's when it hits him: do the shows create the ratings...or do the ratings dictate the shows?

That's the start of an interesting scoundrel comedy / morality tale that, aside from being utterly charming, well produced and well acted, poses a couple of REALLY good questions: do we WANT crap like Celebrity Big Brother...or have we, by a deluge of similar programs, CONDITIONED to like it, awful and uninteresting though it is? And what would happen if we were starting to be conditioned differently? WHO creates the demand?

Highly recommended, and food for pretty good discussions afterwards!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Marselus wrote
    Anthony wrote

biggrin
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Timmer wrote
    biggrin

Faggot.

( biggrin kiss )
    •  
      CommentAuthoromaha
    Martijn wrote
    OK, so basically we now have two new emoticons:
    :pawel: (which is roughly the equivalent of biggrin , though slightly more Polish)
    and :omaha: (which approximates smile with a Nebraskan flavour)

Omaha refers to the WWII landing zone in Normandy. Not Nebraska or Utah. *sigh* we've been through this before.

smile
    And I rarely use this emoticon...