• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeNov 9th 2008
    Star Wars: The Clone Wars

Uninspired plot involves Anakin and new-appointed padawan Ashoka to rescue Jabba's son to ensure Republic trade routes.

It's a bore.
    Dialogue and banter are stilted if not downright annoying (especially the battle droids continuously providing "comic relief". Oh yeah, the Galactic Republic is in real trouble from these tin three thousand stooges).
    The animation is clunky and wooden.
    The battles are unclear and poorly directed (and the viewer doesn't care as there are no characters to empathise with).

Kevin Kiner provides an interesting new musical take on the Star Wars universe. The "oriental flavour and wailing" and the "awesome heavy metal guitars" are becoming a real drag though.

Some of the outer space scenes look quite good.

All in all, this adds nothing, not even a bit of entertainment.
    Eminently skippable. The first run of Clone Wars cartoons from Tartovsky studios were way more interesting.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    omaha wrote
    Martijn wrote
    OK, so basically we now have two new emoticons:
    :pawel: (which is roughly the equivalent of biggrin , though slightly more Polish)
    and :omaha: (which approximates smile with a Nebraskan flavour)

Omaha refers to the WWII landing zone in Normandy. Not Nebraska or Utah. *sigh* we've been through this before.

I know, but I figured that "smile with a sense of a couple of thousand people dying in agony" wasn't quite as funny and lighthearted.

smile
    And I rarely use this emoticon...

I know, but I considered it to be the closest to your own "ha ha".
    smile
    erm..I mean :omaha:
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthoromaha
    Martijn wrote
    omaha wrote
    Martijn wrote
    OK, so basically we now have two new emoticons:
    :pawel: (which is roughly the equivalent of biggrin , though slightly more Polish)
    and :omaha: (which approximates smile with a Nebraskan flavour)

Omaha refers to the WWII landing zone in Normandy. Not Nebraska or Utah. *sigh* we've been through this before.

I know, but I figured that "smile with a sense of a couple of thousand people dying in agony" wasn't quite as funny and lighthearted.

smile
    And I rarely use this emoticon...

I know, but I considered it to be the closest to your own "ha ha".
    smile
    erm..I mean :omaha:

haha, fair enough
  1. I didn't know there was Omaha in Utah.

You can always say it's smile with a Green Dog flavor biggrin
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    Omaha is the largest city in the state of Nebraska
    listen to more classical music!
    •  
      CommentAuthoromaha
    PawelStroinski wrote
    I didn't know there was Omaha in Utah.

You can always say it's smile with a Green Dog flavor biggrin

lol I associated Omaha and Utah together without realizing because they were both landing zones in Normandy along with Juno, Gold, and Sword. opps!

I was familiar with the one in Nebraska though.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Anthony wrote
    Timmer wrote
    biggrin

Faggot.

( biggrin kiss )

Calls ME a 'faggot' and then kisses me!??? shocked rolleyes dizzy

Oh my stars and garters wink
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Martijn wrote
    Star Wars: The Clone Wars

Uninspired plot involves Anakin and new-appointed padawan Ashoka to rescue Jabba's son to ensure Republic trade routes.

I caught some of the TV series yesterday as it was on. It all felt very-episode 3ish, and the dialogue was still very clunky. Luckily Kinear's score was a bit better than the movies...
  2. Diary of the Dead (George Romano) 2008

Oh my god, can nobody make a good zombie movie anymore? Dawn of the Dead was a pearl of emotion, suspense and gore, but Day of the Dead and now this one is just utter crap. In Day of the Dead they could crawl on walls, here they move so slowly it is a wonder the survivors can be bitten at all. The Cloverfield look doesn't work either (although it is wonderfully well done technically)

bwa, barf material vomit
    the only salvagable thing is the final sentence, the only thing that gives you any satisfaction

3/10
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeNov 11th 2008
    Rudy

My first viewing. Can there ever have been a more uplifting film, or score? I'm so happy after watching this I could kiss all of you!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Southall wrote
    Rudy

My first viewing. Can there ever have been a more uplifting film, or score? I'm so happy after watching this I could kiss all of you!

Who are you and what have you done with James?
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote
    Southall wrote
    Rudy

Luckily the transformation happened after the Bristol meet! wink
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  3. Southall wrote
    Rudy

I like to see this movie, I love sports movies and alone to hear such a beautiful score surrounding it can make it all the more brilliant, but alas it is so difficult to get a hold off here sad
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Timmer wrote
    Steven wrote
    Southall wrote
    Rudy

Something or someone clearly caused the transformation then wink
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
  4. Christodoulides wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Steven wrote
    Southall wrote
    Rudy

Something or someone clearly caused the transformation then wink

good music, good thematic music is what caused it wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    I'm still all happy and smiley nine hours later! You won't find a better sports movie than this one.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Southall wrote
    I'm still all happy and smiley nine hours later! You won't find a better sports movie than this one.

I've never seen it but love the score. I'll try and check it out sometime but I'm no fan of sports movies.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    TOMORROW NEVER DIES

I just watched this movie preparing to myself for the new Bond movie.

Goldeneye is a better film (martin campbell rules!! ), The world is not enough the most "dramatic" (But a little bit boring) and Die Another Day too GGI.....So TOMORROW NEVER DIES is the most entertaining.

Action all around, with exotic locations and vibrant action scenes!
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    After giving this a bit of thought, dangerous for me, I decided to put a warning out on Changeling. There are a couple of scenes with young boys and a hanging sequence which could bother some people. I think Jolie will get a nom for best actress. Don't waste your money on buying the score.
    •  
      CommentAuthoromaha
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    Southall wrote
    Rudy

I like to see this movie, I love sports movies and alone to hear such a beautiful score surrounding it can make it all the more brilliant, but alas it is so difficult to get a hold off here sad

Very uplifting film. Shows how hard work, and determination pays off. smile
  5. RV: Stardust

We just saw the movie on DVD (for the first time at all). Its narrating style is heavily borrowed from The Princess Bride, but that doesn´t make it a worse movie. The actors all seem to have fun, the story is well constructed, the effects work superb, and, of course, we get a wonderful score by Ilan Eshkeri. The movie really takes its time to tell the story, which results in the fact that it runs a bit too long, but the finale is well worth the waiting.

I really enjoyed it, my wife seemed to like it a lot, and our daughter seemed enchanted by it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Before those lemony Brits come souring in again, let me just say you have great taste, Ralph!
    Lovely film, good story, fine score!
    punk
    •  
      CommentAuthorRian
    3:10 to Yuma, and i have to say, Beltrami did a damn fine job.
    What do you hear? Nothing but the rain...
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeNov 12th 2008 edited
    Martijn wrote
    Before those lemony Brits come souring in again, let me just say you have great taste, Ralph!
    punk

Limeys! Get it right!! rolleyes wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeNov 12th 2008
    Eye of the Devil with David Niven. Score is by Gary McFarland which was recently released by FSM. This is also the debut film of Sharon Tate. I like the score especially some of the harp work done. As for this devil worship film its downright weird.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    LAZARUS PROJECT

Biggest bore of a supposedly psychological drama / thriller i've seen lately. Nothing happens and when it does, it's very predictable. Also the made out of 10 bucks Brian Tyler score is snoozing and cliched too. Why do i even watch those...
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
  6. Martijn wrote
    punk

beer
    •  
      CommentAuthoromaha
    • CommentTimeNov 12th 2008 edited
    Watched Jurassic Park in remembrance of Crichton. I would love to have the original feeling of watching the film as a five year-old in theaters for the first time. For one of those kids obsessed with dinosaurs it was one of the greatest experiences ever.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Timmer wrote
    Limeys! Get it right!! rolleyes wink

Limey Brits!
    Damn! Missed the opportunity for a proper good pun. angry
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    omaha wrote
    Watched Jurassic Park in remembrance of Crichton. I would love to have the original feeling of watching the film as a five year-old in theaters for the first time. For one of those kids obsessed with dinosaurs it was one of the greatest experiences ever.

Didn't make any difference to me as an adult. I was a kid obsessed with Dinosaurs ( who am I kidding....I still AM! ) and finally seeing them brought to "life" in JP brought tears of wonder and joy to my eyes, probaly the last experience at the cinema where I was truly blown away.