• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeSep 2nd 2009
    Erik Woods wrote
    Southall wrote
    Slumdog Millionairre - A.R. Rahman

Such a GREAT album.

I don't have anything nice to say so I will leave you with this... vomit

-Erik-

And i'll join you; is your buckit large enough?
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    lol
    Racism, Prejudices and discrimination exists everywhere.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    THE PATRIOT - JOHN WILLIAMS

Great score by Maestro! i like Susan speaks track very much. punk
    Racism, Prejudices and discrimination exists everywhere.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    NP:Bangkok Dangerous (Tyler)

A great electronic score.

THe main theme, is additive and with mindblowing instrumentation (electronic and ethnical)

The action stuff is not so good since it is something like Trevor Rabin could have composed, but it's coherent with the rest of the stuff.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAtham
    NP: Moon - Clint Mansell

I think I need to play it again before passing judgement.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Atham wrote

Yeah, I think it's dull too.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMiya
    NP: Wallace & Gromit (Promo) - Julian Nott

It's too short! I hope scores from all the short films (including Cracking Contraptions) will be released someday...

Love the pompous and fun Wallace & Gromit Are Go!, and the great action score of Train Chase. No need to say about the great main theme cool
    Labels are for cans, not people. - Anthony Rapp
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Steven wrote
    Atham wrote

I am confident it's one of those scores that work wonders in the film but not so much on CD so maybe one has to watch it first. smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    NP:Moon (Mantsell)

Interesting....This Out Space synthetiser from the 70's are really curious.

"Bionic Woman" comes to my mind tongue
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Do you mean it actually sounds like 'bionics'? biggrin dizzy
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  1. Miklos Rozsa: Three Choral Suites (Erich Kunzel & Cincinnati Pops)

Now that Erich Kunzel has deceased I'm going to play all his great compilations I have (not a lot) starting with this one. Rozsa may be the only composer of a pre-70s era music that I've come into contact with. I don't even have a Williams or Goldsmith from that period. I like the romantic mood, sweeping heroics and glorious crescendos found in the three suites, my favourites being Ben-Hur and King of Kings. As many have already stated, the recording is nothing short of spectacular. punk
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Christodoulides wrote
    Steven wrote
    Atham wrote

I am confident it's one of those scores that work wonders in the film but not so much on CD so maybe one has to watch it first. smile

I'm probably being very harsh, especially since I've only listened to it once and not seen the film. But still, I have very little time for these types of scores unless they happen to have something really quite special going for them... which, as far as I can remember, this one doesn't.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeSep 2nd 2009 edited
    NP: MY ENTIRE ERICH KUNZEL COLLECTION ON SHUFFLE

27 albums - 476 Tracks - 1.1 days worth of listening.

Now playing --> "Jumanji Suite" from The Big Picture (excellent performance). Up Next --> "Colonel Bogey March" from Victory at Sea and Other Favorites

Bliss!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorAtham
    OK. With Mansell's Moon score, I'd say it's kinda OK for that kinda thing. But really not for me. Unless it really does do wonders within the film and I grow to like it within that context.
    It wont win 'score of 09' for me! rolleyes
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Same here. I mean, fair enough if it does work... but it every new score was like this, I'd give up being a fan of modern scores all together (though thankfully they're not: my point is I'd much rather listen to something else).
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Why eat reconstituted ham when you can have steak lick
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Timmer wrote
    Why eat reconstituted ham when you can have steak lick

Exactly!
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    NP: Children of Dune (Tyler)

I never finished my listening, but now it's time to do it.

I always though it was too much inspired for Gladiator ( or The last Temptation or folklore, whatever), and too long and repetitive.

I forgot how powerful the main theme is.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Nautilus wrote

Very powerful indeed... in Lifeforce and Deep Blue Sea.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
  2. applause
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    Erik Woods wrote
    Nautilus wrote

Very powerful indeed... in Lifeforce and Deep Blue Sea.

-Erik-

Yeap, it was one of the reasons why I used to not take seriously Brian Tyler. Deep blue sea (acustic guitars included) are all around.

In fact, all Brian Tyler themes are very influenced by Media Ventures chords progression ( Except parition wich is the mask of the zorro tongue )
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    NP: Hitman 2: Silent Assassin - Jesper Kyd

This is one of my favourite video game scores. Though not perfectly researched ethnic music, Jesper has produced very good orchestra-based cues for the various countries in the game which is really a pleasure to listen to, from heavily percussive military-esque marches for Japan and Russia to ethnic instruments and exotic strings for India and Nuristan. The main title music with epic choir is also fantastic, and excellent action/suspense buildup in tracks like Action Begins, The Penthouse and The Setup. 4.5 stars out of 5, very good score indeed.

And yes, 47 Makes A Decision is one of the most powerful tracks ever!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Steven wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    Steven wrote
    Atham wrote

I'm probably being very harsh, especially since I've only listened to it once and not seen the film. But still, I have very little time for these types of scores unless they happen to have something really quite special going for them... which, as far as I can remember, this one doesn't.

Fair enough since it's not the type of stuff you usually want to hear smile

CEZARY SKUBISZEWSKI - night

It's certainly a very unique score. From orchestral fanfares to film noir and rock-ish stuff, It has beautifully dark and melancholic moments, but also some more frantic, kinda odd and experimental moments too which i am not sure how to handle, despite the repeated listens. Maybe watching the movie will help understanding it a bit more? Michael?
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    DemonStar wrote
    NP: Hitman 2: Silent Assassin - Jesper Kyd

This is one of my favourite video game scores. Though not perfectly researched ethnic music, Jesper has produced very good orchestra-based cues for the various countries in the game which is really a pleasure to listen to, from heavily percussive military-esque marches for Japan and Russia to ethnic instruments and exotic strings for India and Nuristan. The main title music with epic choir is also fantastic, and excellent action/suspense buildup in tracks like Action Begins, The Penthouse and The Setup. 4.5 stars out of 5, very good score indeed.

And yes, 47 Makes A Decision is one of the most powerful tracks ever!

The symphonic elements are very ably written and performed indeed, not too sure about the harsher electronics parts though. Btw there was a time we heard of this man constantly, is it just my impression or he's really off the radar since?
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    His recent score to Assassin's Creed was very good too.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    CHRIS TILTON - Mercenaries 2 : world in flames

Giacchino-y fun.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    Nautilus wrote
    NP: Children of Dune (Tyler)

I never finished my listening, but now it's time to do it.

I always though it was too much inspired for Gladiator ( or The last Temptation or folklore, whatever), and too long and repetitive.

Tyler did his album presentation method again here.

The first 18 tracks of "childrens of Dune" can be considered as an album in itself. . from the 19 to 36 the are like the "bonus tracks", the shorter ones or the tracks wich are not very important.

The problem is you have to be familiar with the movie or the music to notice that, so I recomend to Tyler to put in the last tracks of his album the note "bonus tracks" tongue tongue People like me or Southall will be satisfied with this.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    It's Very Gladiator-inspired, but nevertheless a great score, especially that touching song.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    Christodoulides wrote
    It's Very Gladiator-inspired, but nevertheless a great score, especially that touching song.

He said it's more inspired in The last Tempation of Folklore ( but the "montage" doesn't lie tongue )

in the middle of so many Gladiator-esque tracks there a couple of hidden gems of 3 minutes each one : "The Impossible Wager" (the percusion and the crying vocals really builds tension), "Trap the Worm" (Sithar, duduk and percusion makes a great ethnic track).

"The Jihad" is the end of the "album".(and what a END!!!!)
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Christodoulides wrote
    CHRIS TILTON - Mercenaries 2 : world in flames

Giacchino-y fun.

The End Credits especially. SO.MUCH.FUN!