• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeSep 3rd 2009
    ^ :Sigh:
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Sigh all you want... AVP:R is a very displeasing experience.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    A displeasing experience it might be for your, but it's still a mammoth orchestral ride all the way, despite being unoriginal or loud or whatever you might call it. Yes, it lacks balance and restrain but you're making it sound like if it was a Tyler Bates crap or something.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    It is no better IMO....honestly!
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeSep 3rd 2009 edited
    Timmer wrote

Look what I´m doing to you! And I´m not dancing now!

bhangra
    bhangra -> Tim
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Seriously, I can see why you don´t like it, specially when you compare it with Goldsmith´s, Horner´s, Goldenthal´s, even Frizzell´s, and both Silvestri´s. But if you watch the movie (NOT recommended), you´ll see Tyler took the right path. I mean the huge orchestral mayhem one.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Christodoulides wrote
    A displeasing experience it might be for your, but it's still a mammoth orchestral ride all the way, despite being unoriginal or loud or whatever you might call it. Yes, it lacks balance and restrain but you're making it sound like if it was a Tyler Bates crap or something.

No... I didn't compare it to Tyler Bates. It doesn't matter what color it is, how is smells or what it looks like crap is crap. It's mammoth alright but it's headache inducing. Again, there is so much going on in the score - in a bad way - that you can't decipher who is playing what. It doesn't blend very well. It's loud for the sake of loud. It's not good music.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Erik Woods wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

No... I didn't compare it to Tyler Bates. It doesn't matter what color it is, how is smells or what it looks like crap is crap. It's mammoth alright but it's headache inducing. Again, there is so much going on in the score - in a bad way - that you can't decipher who is playing what. It doesn't blend very well. It's loud for the sake of loud. It's not good music.

-Erik-

I did actually try listening to it this evening. My computer told me that September 2008 was my last attempt and I made it through six tracks. This time, I only made it through two and a half.

It's far from the worst score I've ever heard, but it's not the sort I would ever want to listen to. It is NOT like Goldenthal in any way, or Horner, or Goldsmith for that matter.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Marselus wrote
    Timmer wrote

Look what I´m doing to you! And I´m not dancing now!

bhangra
    bhangra -> Tim

And I'm still dancing cool smile <--smug
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    GEOFF ZANELLI - gamer

The direct lift-offs from the Zimmer's batman material made me laugh my ass off.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    NP : BEAT GIRL - John Barry

DANCES WITH WOLVES is a score that's absolutely nothing like this one.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Christodoulides wrote
    GEOFF ZANELLI - gamer

The direct lift-offs from the Zimmer's batman material made me laugh my ass off.

Lift off and Zanelli usually go together. Oultander....Disturbia....Hitman...
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    NP : MY LIFE - John Barry

One of those scores that I didn't take to for a long time, now I love it, an underrated gem IMO.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Again he Tyler discussion? Jeez. As god of this forum, I have the final opinion, and since my opinion is final, lets quit this discussion for some time, or open it up again in Tylers topic.

Erik, and never do that again!

PLANET EARTH | george fenton

Had this in my car the past days. It's incredible that each time I listen to tis, I stumble upon a track that I might not have found as spectacular on my previous listen. I had that with the fabulous The Snow Geeze, the mighty Mother and Calf - The Great Journey, and now I come to love Th Wolf and The Carribou. Or I just may forget each time this cd is a constant source of orchestral highlights!
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeSep 3rd 2009 edited
    Bregt wrote
    Again he Tyler discussion? Jeez. As god of this forum, I have the final opinion, and since my opinion is final, lets quit this discussion for some time, or open it up again in Tylers topic.

It´s been Jordi´s fault, with his Brian Tyler week!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Marselus wrote
    Bregt wrote

It´s been Jordi´s fault, with his Brian Tyler week!

You may summarise the discussion by mentioning Brian Tyler week. I summarise it by saying: Brian Tyler weak.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    I wouldn´t agree, but good one!
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Bregt wrote

No worries... I won't.

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    • CommentTimeSep 4th 2009 edited
    NP: DISTRICT 9 - Clifton Shorter

Surprisingly enjoyable openingtrack from this thinking man's sci-fi actioner, starting off with serene synth with an African male vocal overlay, yet building to a full orchestral rythm, with the vocal returning on the height of its percussion, strings and brass rise. Looking forward to hearing the rest of the score. If this first track is anything to go by, it could be simple in composition yet effective, enjoyable and, who knows, fresh?
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeSep 4th 2009
    The Mission - Ennio Morricone

Will there ever be another film score in this league? I don't hold out much hope. Simply magnificent.
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    Christodoulides wrote
    GEOFF ZANELLI - gamer

You make it sound like the score is full of Batman rips when the most noticeable TDK "lift-off" appear in the first few minutes of the first track only.
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    BobdH wrote
    NP: DISTRICT 9 - Clifton Shorter

Surprisingly enjoyable openingtrack from this thinking man's sci-fi actioner, starting off with serene synth with an African male vocal overlay, yet building to a full orchestral rythm, with the vocal returning on the height of its percussion, strings and brass rise. Looking forward to hearing the rest of the score. If this first track is anything to go by, it could be simple in composition yet effective, enjoyable and, who knows, fresh?

I hope you like it more than I did. I got my hopes up and was very disappointed
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Southall wrote

Will there ever be another film score in this league? I don't hold out much hope. Simply magnificent.

Ne'er were truer words said.
    •  
      CommentAuthorkeky
    Timmer wrote
    Southall wrote

Ne'er were truer words said.

I put my hopes in Baaria, just by listening to the music in the trailer.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    good morning!!!

I beggin my day where I will go to Coldplay concert (my girldfriend invites me, is this band at least decent enough??? )with....

NP:Bourne Supremacy (Powell)

! great trilogy of music. Powell stablished a very particular sound for this saga, and the three scores are very coherent between them. But what he did from Identity to Supremacy is really to win the best "put in order of the year"

"Nach Deutschland" is my favourite bourne theme . I love this little notes played by synth. It really touches!!! and this things is what makes this score my favourite instead Ultimatum.

PS: Thanks God the main theme from the first movie, with a boring basson, is not used very much in the 2 following scores wich is highly substituted by the love theme (?)
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Enjoy Coldplay!

Empire of the Sun - John Williams

A slightly different score from Williams in that it sounds more like a string of set-pieces than a truly cohesive film score, but those set-pieces are great.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    Southall wrote
    Enjoy Coldplay!

Thanks and Good Morning!!

By the way, I was reading one of your reviews about 1982 and I saw some Aberdeen mention, are you scottish??? I thought you was britian!
  1. He's NOT Scottish and anyway Scotland technically speaking does belong to Britain, so...
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Nautilus wrote
    Southall wrote
    Enjoy Coldplay!

By the way, I was reading one of your reviews about 1982 and I saw some Aberdeen mention, are you scottish??? I thought you was britian!

I'm English. What about 1982?
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    Southall wrote
    Nautilus wrote
    Southall wrote
    Enjoy Coldplay!

I'm English. What about 1982?

You said was the lowest or the highest weather in Aberdeen.