• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeSep 4th 2009
    1492? 1948? 2012?

Spot the odd one out.
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    PawelStroinski wrote
    He's NOT Scottish and anyway Scotland technically speaking does belong to Britain, so...

I'm catalonian, from catalonia, in a country called spain with spanish people.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Marselus wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    GEOFF ZANELLI - gamer

The direct lift-offs from the Zimmer's batman material made me laugh my ass off.

Lift off and Zanelli usually go together. Oultander....Disturbia....Hitman...

It's very ridiculous if you think about it, 'cause it happens all the time and the man still keeps getting big projects like this. He's ever outdone TYLER BATES i think, the master of plagiarizing wink
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Christodoulides wrote
    Marselus wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    GEOFF ZANELLI - gamer

The direct lift-offs from the Zimmer's batman material made me laugh my ass off.

It's very ridiculous if you think about it, 'cause it happens all the time and the man still keeps getting big projects like this. He's ever outdone TYLER BATES i think, the master of plagiarizing wink

Well, I wouldn´t say Outlander, Disturbia, Hitman or Gamer (remember, from the directors of Crank vomit and Crank 2 vomit vomit ) are big projects. Obviously I´d like those projects to be scored by others (Frizzell comes to mind, an underrated composer IMO).
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    lp wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    GEOFF ZANELLI - gamer

You make it sound like the score is full of Batman rips when the most noticeable TDK "lift-off" appear in the first few minutes of the first track only.

Yes, I am sorry. The rest is full of generic electronic crap and constant mood / style changes. As always with his recent work.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Marselus wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    Marselus wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    GEOFF ZANELLI - gamer

Well, I wouldn´t say Outlander, Disturbia, Hitman or Gamer (remember, from the directors of Crank vomit and Crank 2 vomit vomit ) are big projects. Obviously I´d like those projects to be scored by others (Frizzell comes to mind, an underrated composer IMO).

Big projects, i mean it as "they pay the big bills very adequately and still there's money left".
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Ok, that´s more like it wink I was talking exclusively in terms of quality projects, if you know what I mean.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    DANNY ELFMAN - Dolores Claiborne

A dark, melodic gem.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Marselus wrote
    Ok, that´s more like it wink I was talking exclusively in terms of quality projects, if you know what I mean.

Yes, it was clearly a failure in communication.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Marselus wrote

Sadly he does have a great big quality project coming up, The Pacific, which should have gone to someone much better. I can't believe the legacy left by Michael Kamen is being taken up by Geoff Zanelli. A mind-numbing decision.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Christodoulides wrote
    DANNY ELFMAN - Dolores Claiborne

A dark, melodic gem.

Agree! This is the kind of Elfman I like.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Nautilus wrote
    PawelStroinski wrote
    He's NOT Scottish and anyway Scotland technically speaking does belong to Britain, so...

I'm catalonian, from catalonia, in a country called spain with spanish people.

Get the fuck outta here!?
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  1. Who? Me or Jordi?
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Christodoulides wrote
    lp wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    GEOFF ZANELLI - gamer

You make it sound like the score is full of Batman rips when the most noticeable TDK "lift-off" appear in the first few minutes of the first track only.

Yes, I am sorry. The rest is full of generic electronic crap and constant mood / style changes. As always with his recent work.

Plus, he's got the award for being the only person plagiarizing Tyler Bates' 300 so far!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Southall wrote
    Sadly he does have a great big quality project coming up, The Pacific, which should have gone to someone much better. I can't believe the legacy left by Michael Kamen is being taken up by Geoff Zanelli. A mind-numbing decision.

Ooops....I didn´t remember about The Pacific freezing

NP Gamer (Robert Williamson, Geoff Zanelli)

Unlistenable, unbearable..... buckets anyone, please? Thank you.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    PawelStroinski wrote
    Who? Me or Jordi?

Jordi.

It's gangster speak ( i hate having to explain these things ) for stating the obvious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Marselus wrote
    Southall wrote

Ooops....I didn´t remember about The Pacific freezing

NP Gamer (Robert Williamson, Geoff Zanelli)

Unlistenable, unbearable..... buckets anyone, please? Thank you.

Thank you. He gets worse with each assignment. And what's with all that noisy electronic junk and the death metal monotonous riff guitar nonsense? I reached down the half duration of the Cd, i deserve congrats my friend.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Honestly, knowing the filmography of the directors (I challenge you to watch / listen Crank and Crank 2), I was prepared for it. But, as you say, it is junk after all.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeSep 4th 2009 edited
    ^ Something had to be fixed, so, a classical approach of film scoring always helps to heal the wound:

NP The North Star (John Scott)

Aaahh....the main theme...fresh air!
  2. Timmer wrote
    PawelStroinski wrote
    Who? Me or Jordi?

Jordi.

It's gangster speak ( i hate having to explain these things ) for stating the obvious.

A more brutal version of "No shit?"
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Exactly! biggrin
  3. I love the version with "Sherlock" added biggrin
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    No shit Watson.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    I so love this Spike Lee´s The 25th Hour sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeit
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    Southall wrote
    Marselus wrote

He did a good job on Into the West. He's also working with Blake Neely and Hans Zimmer, both are very capable composers, I feel. shocked
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    lp wrote
    Southall wrote
    Marselus wrote

He did a good job on Into the West. He's also working with Blake Neely and Hans Zimmer, both are very capable composers, I feel. shocked

Into the West isn't bad, but the score is badly-spotted in a few places and not terribly interesting away from the series. It's no Lonesome Dove, let's put it that way - and it could have been, because the visuals were strong.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    Something of "fresh air" before going into my girlfriend's trap (Coldplay concert)

NP: Tears of the Sun (Zimmer)

the pop corn version of BHD.

"small piece for...", "Carnage", "kopano II", "Cameroon border" Post and "kopano III" are some of the most beautiful /Powerful stuff Zimmer has ever wrotte (And the tracks I said are composed and arranged by ZIMMER).

This score is the best example of Zimmer composing: additional composers doing 2 minutes cues, and he composing the major tracks.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Nautilus wrote
    Something of "fresh air" before going into my girlfriend's trap

In my experience, this is always wise.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Indeed. That work is very powerful, except for the droning and long first half. The 2nd part and esp. the ending are top-notch.

BRIAN TYLER - Final Destination

Here we go again.....could only make it down to the 6th or 7th track, i am not in the mood for the same Tylerisms now. Maybe later.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    Christodoulides wrote
    Indeed. That work is very powerful, except for the droning and long first half. The 2nd part and esp. the ending are top-notch.

BRIAN TYLER - Final Destination

Here we go again.....could only make it down to the 6th or 7th track, i am not in the mood for the same Tylerisms now. Maybe later.

I remember our conversations/war about AvP:Requiem some time ago...I miss this Demetris tongue