• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorRalph Kruhm
    • CommentTimeSep 11th 2009 edited
    Southall wrote about his favourite themes and included The Rocketeer

Wow, what an amazing, enlightened choice. I never would have thought about that, but you are absolutely right.

Personally, I´d have to go with the main theme from Lionheart. Or First Contact. Or the Love Theme from Lionheart. Or... damn.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    • CommentTimeSep 11th 2009
    I am listening to streamingsoundtracks and it's my first time. cheesy

I lost my music the last couple of months (quite literally, can't find most of my favourite discs!), but also just the love for it. It's coming back now and I need it because next months will be busy and crazy.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    Ehm... is this United 93 or A Beautiful Mind? confused
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    VAN HELSING - ALAN SILVESTRI

Very excellent score! i like this score very much. This is really groundbreaking indeed.
    Racism, Prejudices and discrimination exists everywhere.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    At least you're beginning to understand the concept of irony.
    •  
      CommentAuthorkeky
    Sant' Antonio di Padova - Marco Frisina
    I have always liked Frisina's music but I was not familiar with this score. When listening to it the first time tooday, I was like omg - that's how good it is. A fantastic, melodic score with powerful orchestral passages and the usual top-quality Frisina choral writing.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Christodoulides wrote
    Erik Woods wrote
    NP: There Will Be Blood - Johnny Greenwood

It works WONDERS in the otherwise brilliant film.

Absolutely. A very unique, and very engrossing approach to scoring. I love both film and score.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    QBVII Jerry Goldsmith

Although I will get round to giving Exodus a proper listen with my full attention soon, the little QBVII suite included on the album has got me hooked. Quite similiar to Masada (for obvious reasons), which is a BIG plus in my books. Bloody fantastic.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Is it the first time you've heard QBVII Steven?

For that matter have you ever heard Exodus?
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Complete QBVII and Exodus virgin until hearing the album. I've definitely heard the Exodus theme somewhere, but it's not as familiar to me as it apparently is to others.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Surprisingly, it's put me in the mood for this little gem..

Masada Jerry Goldsmith

Still can't hear what's so bad about the sound quality that you've [Timmer] alluded to many a time? Sounds great to me, even compared to notoriously good recordings. (The bootleg does sound a little bland, but not the official?)
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Yeah, it's odd how the once incredibly popular theme to EXODUS seems to have slipped from the conscience of the public radar? At one time it seemed to be as much a staple as themes like Pink Panther, Born Free, Lawrence of Arabia etc.

QBVII is excellent. I'd like to see the made for TV movie sometime.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote

Masada Jerry Goldsmith

Still can't hear what's so bad about the sound quality that you've [Timmer] alluded to many a time? Sounds great to me, even compared to notoriously good recordings. (The bootleg does sound a little bland, but not the official?)

Maybe I got a duff CD? A horrible hissing sound pervades my copy.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Timmer wrote
    Steven wrote

Masada Jerry Goldsmith

Mine's OK too. (I only have the single-disc release - not sure if you have the two-volume one?)
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Mine is just the Varese single disc copy.
  1. Timmer wrote
    Steven wrote

Masada Jerry Goldsmith

The sound quality is what put me off of it when I heard Masada, but it's been years now since my only listen. I think Thomas still has that one (if he hasn't sold it). I'm quite happy with the version on the Silva Screen 2-disc compilation.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    NP: First Knight - Complete - Jerry Goldsmith

Another masterpiece. Sweeping orchestration, thematic and melodic, punchy action cues, everything a scorelover would want, IMHO. Definitely one of my all time favorite Goldsmith score.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Seems Goldsmithitis is catching cool

NP : TWILIGHT ZONE THE MOVIE - Jerry Goldsmith

Excellent!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    NP : BILL & TED'S BOGUS JOURNEY - David Newman

Great score but I especially love the choral 'heaven' parts. cool
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Time for a film score blowout...

NP : STAR WARS - John Williams

cool punk
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Great choices, Timmer, as always!

I'm putting the finishing touches on the last edit for my next compilation album and I'm currently spinning my epic - almost 10 minute - Batman Forever suite. GOOD. F__KING. LORD. Goldenthal is the definition of symphonic power! What he manages to do with a symphony orchestra is mind blowing and I forgot just how massive his contributions of the Batman series were! As I listen to this suite I thought to myself briefly "this is too long" but as the piece came to an end I wanted more! In saying that, I purposely cut out all Riddler music and all the goofy comedic shit Goldenthal had in his score and went straight for the throat with one massive chord after another.

I'm now onto my delightful Black Beauty suite. I feel terrible for cutting out the magnificent "Baby Beauty" track but its replacement "In The Country" is just as good! I hope some of you get the chance to listen to this exciting 2CD set someday.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    cry

OH. MY. GOD! I didn't get through the entire Exodus score a few day ago so I finally returned to it today and finished up the last 3 or 4 tracks. And then, they hit me with it! "This Land is Mine." I have never heard this version before and it knocked me on my ass and made my eyes water! What a brilliant end to a brilliant score and a brilliant release. This one is up there with Journey of Natty Gann for release of the year! Superb work all around!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
  2. Is Exodus a newly recorded score? And available through which shop?

With all this good talk about it, I may need to check it out.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    DreamTheater wrote
    Is Exodus a newly recorded score? And available through which shop?

HERE YOU GO! Order it now!

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeSep 12th 2009
    Erik Woods wrote
    Great choices, Timmer, as always!

I'm putting the finishing touches on the last edit for my next compilation album and I'm currently spinning my epic - almost 10 minute - Batman Forever suite. GOOD. F__KING. LORD. Goldenthal is the definition of symphonic power! What he manages to do with a symphony orchestra is mind blowing and I forgot just how massive his contributions of the Batman series were! As I listen to this suite I thought to myself briefly "this is too long" but as the piece came to an end I wanted more! In saying that, I purposely cut out all Riddler music and all the goofy comedic shit Goldenthal had in his score and went straight for the throat with one massive chord after another.

Now if only there was a decent album of his second, more impressive score. It would probably be my favourite Goldenthal album/score if there was DECENT sound quality.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    Erik Woods wrote
    cry

OH. MY. GOD! I didn't get through the entire Exodus score a few day ago so I finally returned to it today and finished up the last 3 or 4 tracks. And then, they hit me with it! "This Land is Mine." I have never heard this version before and it knocked me on my ass and made my eyes water! What a brilliant end to a brilliant score and a brilliant release. This one is up there with Journey of Natty Gann for release of the year! Superb work all around!

-Erik-

Tadlow has sure given us some good releases.
    listen to more classical music!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    NP : SIDEWAYS - Rolfe Kent

Cool score and perfect for this time here cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    lp wrote
    NP: First Knight - Complete - Jerry Goldsmith

Another masterpiece. Sweeping orchestration, thematic and melodic, punchy action cues, everything a scorelover would want, IMHO. Definitely one of my all time favorite Goldsmith score.

Not only, this is clearly one of the best scores ever written.

DreamTheater wrote
    Is Exodus a newly recorded score? And available through which shop?

Believe me, it's the best musical work you'll hear in ages, and a brilliant album.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    ANGELA'S ASHES - JOHN WILLIAMS

Its wonderful morning here, and i believe its right time to play this wonderful score ever composed by Maestro. This is true masterpiece.
    Racism, Prejudices and discrimination exists everywhere.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    Sunil wrote
    ANGELA'S ASHES - JOHN WILLIAMS

Its wonderful morning here, and i believe its right time to play this wonderful score ever composed by Maestro. This is true masterpiece.

Lovely, lovely score. Good choice!