• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJan 4th 2008
    I think I know TWO of these clips. God, I suck at these games.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    I now one! And i know i heard 2 more but can't recall what are they exactly.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Timmer wrote
    For 5 bonus points will I or won't I play this new game? dizzy wink

Oooo! Oooo! Oooo! Me! Me! Pick me! I know this one!
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Martijn wrote
    Timmer wrote
    For 5 bonus points will I or won't I play this new game? dizzy wink

Oooo! Oooo! Oooo! Me! Me! Pick me! I know this one!

oooo! Oooo! Oooo! Get you! tongue
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  1. Tough game! I do know the theme however, which has made it easier...

-- oh damn, I don't know the theme. One just broke the pattern. angry
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
  2. Very tough game! I recognised 2 of the clips but have yet to place where one of them comes from. No idea of the theme.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    • CommentTimeJan 5th 2008
    Difficult game indeed. I didn't recognize any of them (though clip 2 sounded familiar) until I got to clip 11. After that I also recognized 13, 15 & 16 and the theme as well. I'll have to give this game additional listens though, before I send in my answers.

Peter smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorBhelPuri
    franz_conrad wrote
    Tough game! I do know the theme however, which has made it easier...

-- oh damn, I don't know the theme. One just broke the pattern. angry

I hope it's not #14

FalkirkBairn wrote
    Very tough game! I recognised 2 of the clips but have yet to place where one of them comes from. No idea of the theme.

Ack! I'm sorry you folks are finding this difficult. The thing is that if I give the theme it becomes very, very simple. If you know a cue, you kind-of know something about the previous cue and the next cue winkwinkwink
    That's the biggest hint I'll give!
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Simple?!? You guys are SOOOOO nerds! wink
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Thor wrote

Geeks Thor, Geeks! wink
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  3. Actually... I've figured out the theme now. Can't believe I didn't see it!
  4. franz_conrad wrote
    I have deleted Tommy Boy's lower score (not sure how that happened!):

- Plindboe - 22 points
    - BhelPuri - 21 points
    [apparently] - Timmer - 21 points [/apparently]
    - Bregt - 15 points
    - Demetris - 12 points
    - Falkirkbairn - 11 points
    - Thor - 11 points
    - Tommy Boy - 10 points
    - Reza - 9 points
    - AntiNeutrino - 8 points
    - BobDH - 6 points
    - Bregje - 4 points (and the award for most persistent contestant!)

Damn, there goes my 17 points wink
    biggrin
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
  5. BhelPuri wrote
    If you know a cue, you kind-of know something about the previous cue and the next cue winkwinkwink

Shame that the two clips I do recognise are not consecutive. One of the clips I know the score but not the specific track. This clips seems to be as good a starting place as any other...
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorBhelPuri
    • CommentTimeJan 5th 2008 edited
    Thor wrote

tongue Aren't we all? We're all film score fans! Isn't that nerdy/geeky enough?
    Anyway I hope that the majority of the clips being unfamiliar doesn't stop you from playing. You could definitely identify the composers for many (I guess you already know #13) and work out from there. No one really has all the scores for every game!

plindboe wrote
    Difficult game indeed. I didn't recognize any of them (though clip 2 sounded familiar) until I got to clip 11. After that I also recognized 13, 15 & 16 and the theme as well. I'll have to give this game additional listens though, before I send in my answers.

Peter smile

Yay! I was beginning to get that sinking feeling that this edition of the game was a disaster sad . Glad to know that you've figured the theme out.

FalkirkBairn wrote
    BhelPuri wrote
    If you know a cue, you kind-of know something about the previous cue and the next cue winkwinkwink

Shame that the two clips I do recognise are not consecutive. One of the clips I know the score but not the specific track. This clips seems to be as good a starting place as any other...

That's ok! If you do know those correctly and identify the composers for some of the others, that'll be a great start.

OK I'll simplify it for you folks to get the theme-
    Listen to #2, #6, #7, #13, #14 and then #15
    Figure out what's happening (to the music) and you have your theme wink
  6. okay Bregt, good news for ya, I will pass this round considering your dear webfriend knows jack of these samples biggrin

Jesus, this is hard okay? wink
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    BhelPuri wrote
    Thor wrote

tongue Aren't we all? We're all film score fans! Isn't that nerdy/geeky enough?
    Anyway I hope that the majority of the clips being unfamiliar doesn't stop you from playing. You could definitely identify the composers for many (I guess you already know #13) and work out from there. No one really has all the scores for every game!

I don't think that this was to be taken so seriously originally, but i strongly disagree with that. If anyone can talk / interact / check their forums out / whatever with fans (as in people who love their music and deal with it via offering a certain amount of time and efforts each day (at least) and or / area pros) of any other musical genre and provide concrete evidence as to why loving film music is the geeky-one, then i might re-consider or - at least, argue.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBhelPuri
    Christodoulides wrote
    I don't think that this was to be taken so seriously originally, but i strongly disagree with that. If anyone can talk / interact / check their forums out / whatever with fans (as in people who love their music and deal with it via offering a certain amount of time and efforts each day (at least) and or / area pros) of any other musical genre and provide concrete evidence as to why loving film music is the geeky-one, then i might re-consider or - at least, argue.

Ah, I know it was said in jest and so was my comment wink
    Ofcourse there are various interpretations but I take the meaning of geek to be "A person with a devotion to something in a way that places him or her outside the mainstream" [Wiki]
    The film score community is a very small one.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    BhelPuri wrote
    Alright, it's time for yet another edition of the game! There is a theme to this. But I'll set it up differently... I won't tell the theme. I leave it to you to identify the theme for 3 points! You can get a fair idea of the theme just by listening to all the clips wink

I know that 19 clips are a little too much but I really needed that many to do justice to the theme wink
    As usual the theme is something connected to the track title or movie/album title (and for one of the clips-- something about the movie).

I know there's a difference in opinion about points for track title, but if you figure out the theme you'll find it easy to nail the track. However there are about 5 of them where the track title doesn't connect to the theme. I hope it will not be difficult to get those. rolleyes

OK, here they are. Identify the composer, score and track for 1 point each. Answers by PM as usual.

Clip 01
    Clip 02
    Clip 03
    Clip 04
    Clip 05
    Clip 06
    Clip 07
    Clip 08
    Clip 09
    Clip 10
    Clip 11
    Clip 12
    Clip 13
    Clip 14
    Clip 15
    Clip 16
    Clip 17
    Clip 18

And a bonus (still connected to the theme) for 3 points. Just identify the score.
    Bonus Clip 19

That's 3 + 18*3 + 3 = 60 points to play for smile

Hope you have fun with it! Once you get the theme (and there's a pretty strong connection between the cues wink ) you can score huge! punk
    I'll let this run till next Friday evening (US time).

bump
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    *Proud to be a geek*
  7. plindboe wrote
    *Proud to be a geek*

Me too!
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorBhelPuri
    • CommentTimeJan 6th 2008
    Update!

It's been a slow weekend but Antineutrino makes a confident start with a partial id of the theme punk
    He's certainly in the right direction!

Antineutrino 9
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    BhelPuri wrote

That only complified it for me. wink I thought I had figured out the theme, now I realize I hadn't, and I can't hear anything common in those cues you mention.

Also, track 2 is driving me nuts, I've heard that one before several times, but I just can't place it. crazy

Peter smile
  8. BhelPuri wrote

Hey BP - what's #7 again?
    •  
      CommentAuthorBhelPuri
    • CommentTimeJan 6th 2008 edited
    Update:

Peter gets a nice chunk of clips correct, identifies the theme and moves into the lead and antineutrino gets closer.

plindboe 16
    Antineutrino 10

franz_conrad wrote
    Hey BP - what's #7 again?

Man, I thought you'd know that one. The composer isn't one of the popular ones. There's a gorgeous string section overlaying those distinctive vocals and you did write a review for another score of the same composer.
    I do know (from posts in scorereviews) that Martijn has listened to it.

plindboe wrote
    That only complified it for me. wink I thought I had figured out the theme, now I realize I hadn't, and I can't hear anything common in those cues you mention.

Also, track 2 is driving me nuts, I've heard that one before several times, but I just can't place it. crazy

Peter smile

How is it that each cue tells something about the adjoining cues? They're all in a specific sequence! You do notice certain influences in those cues. What would one have to be doing to encounter those influences? Answer that question and you have the theme!

Whoah! I thought 2 would be easy to get. It's a fairly recent movie and the composer has gotten much flak within the film score community (not for this movie though) in the last few years.

Ok since many are finding this tough I'll tell you what the theme is perhaps tomorrow. Until then if you want points for getting the theme you can pm me before that.

Sorry, I didn't mean for this to be difficult (only 4, 7, 9, 10, 14 and 19 are difficult) but it appears that I have mis-judged. sad
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    • CommentTimeJan 6th 2008 edited
    BhelPuri wrote
    Whoah! I thought 2 would be easy to get. It's a fairly recent movie and the composer has gotten much flak within the film score community (not for this movie though) in the last few years.

Don't worry, track 2 is easy to get, I'm just dense. I have heard it often before, and I'm sure I'll smack my forehead and yell "of course" as soon as I find out what it is, which is also what I did when I realized what the theme was. smile

Hopefully I'll realize what it is before the game ends to get another 3 points.

Peter smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    I will get the 3 points for cue 2. biggrin
    Kazoo
  9. I will also get 3 points for cue 2. biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorBhelPuri
    Update:

Bregt makes a great start punk and is level with antineutrino. Franz has identified the theme but will send proper guesses a little later.

plindboe 16
    Antineutrino 10
    Bregt 10
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJan 7th 2008
    In other words Michael ( Franz ) will wait to see what scores he's up against before trumping everybody rolleyes

wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    • CommentTimeJan 7th 2008
    I finally realized what track 2 was! I was lying in bed yesterday trying to fall asleep and suddenly it occurred to me. smile Funny how it sounded like "The departed" even though it wasn't it.

Plus, now that I realized the theme perhaps there are others I can figure out.

Peter spin