• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeJun 17th 2012
    :cheers:

Thanks! I misunderstood your reply to be honest, (though looking back, I'm not sure why!?)

Having listened to the album a few times now, and having seen the film, I think a chronological order will definitely help it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    I'm not sure 'Earth' goes that near the end? I thought it was the scene where David loads up the hologram inside the room with the big ass gun? ....no?
    •  
      CommentAuthorAtham
    You may be right there. Can't say for sure though.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Ah, okay. Seems like a good place to put it though!
    •  
      CommentAuthorAtham
    Yeah. I'm just going by someone else's list.
    Even though I've seen the film I can't recall the cue order all that well.
    But it sounds good to me.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJun 18th 2012
    Film and score rock, glad to see people enjoying it beer
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
  1. My take on PROMETHEUS, if anyone is interested:

http://moviemusicuk.us/2012/06/20/prome … eitenfeld/
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeJun 21st 2012
    Good review, Jon.
    And I found myself nodding in agreement throughout.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    I think Streitenfeld's Prometheus is really good. My initial reaction wasn't so positive but after subsequent listens I think it's a very well written score with some really interesting (new) ideas and a couple of excellent themes (both Gregson-Williams' and Streitenfeld's)

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Erik Woods wrote
    I think Streitenfeld's Prometheus is really good. My initial reaction wasn't so positive but after subsequent listens I think it's a very well written score with some really interesting (new) ideas and a couple of excellent themes (both Gregson-Williams' and Streitenfeld's)

-Erik-

Indeed. Have you seen the film Erik? it works very, very good in the film. And also GREY.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeJun 21st 2012 edited
    It was my most anticipated film of the year unfortunately I have zero budget to see new films in the theatre. shame

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Goddamnit, Greece is financially destructed and you don't have extra money for cinema? Thank God i do not have kids yet then wink kiss beer I think you'll love PROMETHEUS.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    It's more than just having kids. My contract with RIM was slashed heavily therefore I need to make up for the lost income! It's been a struggle!

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Oh my. sad

Wanna sell some CDs?
    wink
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    I'm making light, but seriously: not a good place to be, Erik.
    Not much I can say, but you certainly have my most sincere sympathy and wishes that things get better really soon!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Erik Woods wrote
    It's more than just having kids. My contract with RIM was slashed heavily therefore I need to make up for the lost income! It's been a struggle!

-Erik-

Crap!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Oh! Sad news my friend, hope you find a way out pretty fast and soon enough!
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Martijn wrote
    Oh my. sad

Wanna sell some CDs?
    wink

It is something we've considered and it's killing me.

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Demetris wrote
    Oh! Sad news my friend, hope you find a way out pretty fast and soon enough!

I need to find new clients who want video work done. I really don't like owning my own business.

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Tell me about it.
  2. Erik Woods wrote

-Erik-

sad to hear that Erik, hope you get new projects soon
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorRalph Kruhm
    • CommentTimeJun 22nd 2012 edited
    Twenty years ago, I´ve been in the position of having to sell some of my scores, too. It was a time where rarieties were rarities and where there was no means to get them back. Over the years, I got them all back in one form or another, but some originals are lost forever, and it is heart-breaking to let go of something so beloved, and I wish you all the best that you can manage to avoid it.

Good Luck, Erik.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeJun 22nd 2012
    Thanks for all of your support guys! I really appreciate it. And sorry for derailing this thread.

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Good luck, whatever you do. Be aware, though, that selling CD's isn't easy these days. I've almost given up myself, opting for free giveaways instead (where I actually have to PAY to get rid of them....postage etc.).
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Erik Woods wrote
    And sorry for derailing this thread.

angry
    I wasn't gonna say, considerate as I am, but we DO frown on going off topic in these here parts. angry
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Thor wrote
    Good luck, whatever you do. Be aware, though, that selling CD's isn't easy these days. I've almost given up myself, opting for free giveaways instead (where I actually have to PAY to get rid of them....postage etc.).

Actually, the only option I would have is to go through SAE. They buy CD's in bulk. I have a good relationship with them so I don't think I would have to send my CD"s to them first to look through and decide which ones they want to keep and then send the rest back, which is their policy. I think I might be able to just send them a list and they would take what they think would be valuable. I have many OOP albums that go for some serious dough so if it comes to that I might be able to pay my debts with those. But I would hate to loose something like THE TOWERING INFERNO or my extremely rare Rhino Records sampler because I was a poor business owner. I guess I should just send my resume to Best Buy and suck it up

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Ah yes, that's probably easier for you. It's not so convenient for me, as the postage would be too high, especially compared to what they would probably give for them (they tend to mark up their used CD's quite a bit, but still don't pay a lot for the CD's.....from what I remember; I tried this option once).
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    I hope it doesn't come to that Erik. You have my very best wishes and I hope things start looking up for you.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Erik Woods wrote
    Martijn wrote
    Oh my. sad

Wanna sell some CDs?
    wink

It is something we've considered and it's killing me.

What?
    shocked
    Jesus. Missed this post. I was just kidding around.

Man... sad

I would agree with Thor: I'd only do this as a very last ditch efort.
    You know: when you can't afford the mortgage or food on the table.
    CDs -however rare- just go for next to NOTHING these days.
    Nobody cares how OOP or special they are. It's just an oldfashioned medium that has very, very little general interest.

If you really, absolutely need to go down this route, go through SAE (or even eBay) with some rarities.
    It's a bit more effort, but the pay-off will be MUCH better: with three or four rarities you might get what you'd otherwise get from Best Buy by bringing in a couple of hundred CDs.

sad
    Man, I wish I had something more constructive to add...
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    No worries guys. Again, thanks for all of your support and suggestions. I'm just going to have to find another job or get some more freelance work which is very, very difficult to get. I still have a contract with RIM that is bringing in money but I need something on the side so working at Best Buy or some other part time job would fill in the rest... I hope.

-Erik-