• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. Yes, he actually does. Not sure about other directors, but Scott accepts or rejects trailers himself.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
  2. the trailer looks like absolute shit, and the trailer music is even worse.

Man, recently the trailers like Clash of the Titans and now this one think rock music in a different era actually works. Clash of the Titans was at least decent, but this is absolute crap. They'll have to make one heck of a trailer now to convince me to go out and see it, because now I feel like I don't even want to rent it

I really think the world now of Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves, the movie and the score

but then again, I always liked the film and loved the score smile
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeDec 15th 2009
    I'm sure I remember that Conan The Barbarian was going to have rock music....imagine that?! shocked freezing
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Are those deleted scenes from Gladiator?
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    • CommentTimeDec 15th 2009 edited
    Guys, its just a trailer, these have always had weird marketing choices musically. Think of the Kingdom of Heaven trailer, which ultimately got a perfect score from Harry. Its no indication at all, you can only use the images and general style for that. And that looks perfectly gritty which I think suits the story very well, as far as I can see. I was hoping for this tone!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    A perfect score? Nah, it's good, but not even near 'perfect'. Still i am looking forward to the movie, but not the score.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    • CommentTimeDec 16th 2009 edited
    Watched it, looks quite like Gladiator and parts of KOH. The cinematography and costumes look good, looking forward to it. The music is awful and sticks out like a sore thumb. So to attract young people they use a heavy metal-ish approach instead of a grand orchestral score ala Kamen's, which would've been perfect. I guess I'm not interested in the soundtrack, if it's anything like what I heard in this trailer.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeDec 16th 2009 edited
    It's the trend of late, rock music to attract teenagers, but i am very confident it will die as rapidly as it was born. It has no substance or quality in it, it's just a small trend, it can't live that much.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeDec 16th 2009
    Christodoulides wrote
    It's the trend of late, rock music to attract teenagers, but i am very confident it will die as rapidly as it was born. It has no substance or quality in it, it's just a small trend, it can't live that much.

These things come and go in phases and have done for many years now. It'll disappear and it'll be back again at some point.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeDec 16th 2009
    Only every time they re-occur, the quality goes down the toilet it seems!
  3. BobdH wrote
    Guys, its just a trailer, these have always had weird marketing choices musically. Think of the Kingdom of Heaven trailer, which ultimately got a perfect score from Harry. Its no indication at all, you can only use the images and general style for that. And that looks perfectly gritty which I think suits the story very well, as far as I can see. I was hoping for this tone!

I wasn't hoping for this gritty tone, because I think Robin Hood should be adventurous and lighter, like Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves. But then again, I love that movie so much it is hard to think of another telling of Robin Hood
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeDec 17th 2009
    The trailer and its music direction already started to attract very negative comments......i guess we already found the next big flop.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSylvos
    • CommentTimeDec 17th 2009 edited
    I would have made conclusions like that if this was the final trailer and the film was set to hit theaters in just 2-3 weeks time.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeDec 17th 2009
    Sylvos wrote
    I would have made conclusions like that if this was the final trailer and the film was set to hit theaters in just 2-3 weeks time.

I wouldn't even have made any conclusions then. I'll only make them when the film is actually out and I've seen it. Crazy, I know. wink
    I am extremely serious.
  4. Christodoulides wrote
    The trailer and its music direction already started to attract very negative comments......i guess we already found the next big flop.

very good, hopefully it will open the eyes of whoever that made this trailer public, that next time they better sort their shit out angry
    •  
      CommentAuthorRalph Kruhm
    • CommentTimeDec 21st 2009 edited
    I know that it is just trailer music, again, and that it´s no indication of what we´ll finally get, but this new trailer is a hell of a lot more like I want the next generation of Robin Hood movies to look and sound like.
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    • CommentTimeDec 21st 2009
    Ralph Kruhm wrote
    I know that it is just trailer music, again, and that it´s no indication of what we´ll finally get, but this new trailer is a hell of a lot more like I want the next generation of Robin Hood movies to look and sound like.

I like that trailer much more.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Oh, i love that too. I saw wanted another Gladiator or King Arthur (music-wise too, 'cause it only seems we are going to get it film-wise alone) but if you and me are expecting that approach for the film, as within the (much, much better) 2nd trailer, you know we're going to be let-down by Marc's writing. He simply can't do that, like that. Only Zimmer can.
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    Christodoulides wrote
    Oh, i love that too. I saw wanted another Gladiator or King Arthur (music-wise too, 'cause it only seems we are going to get it film-wise alone) but if you and me are expecting that approach for the film, as within the (much, much better) 2nd trailer, you know we're going to be let-down by Marc's writing. He simply can't do that, like that. Only Zimmer can.

Yeah, the Streitenfeld approach (according to his previous scores) will not work for this movie. Get Zimmer again, or perhaps try Trevor Morris. His work for The Tudors is pretty good and has that modern/new agey sound that would work for Ridley Scott. Plus he was responsible for King Arthur as well!!!!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeDec 22nd 2009
    beer I loved the trailer too, with the Zimmerish approach. What music is it btw? Immediate Music / X-Ray dog and all?
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    lp wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

Yeah, the Streitenfeld approach (according to his previous scores) will not work for this movie. Get Zimmer again, or perhaps try Trevor Morris. His work for The Tudors is pretty good and has that modern/new agey sound that would work for Ridley Scott. Plus he was responsible for King Arthur as well!!!!

Or get someone good! But even I would much rather have Zimmer than Streitenfeld.
    • CommentAuthorLars
    for me, i'm really curious about the score by streitenfeld. i like his scores for body of lies and especially for a good year. the love theme is simple, but amazing. streitenfeld hasn't scored an adventure movie yet. we don't know, how the score will be. perhaps he will surprise us. the important thing is, that the music fits to the movie.
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    Lars wrote
    for me, i'm really curious about the score by streitenfeld. i like his scores for body of lies and especially for a good year. the love theme is simple, but amazing. streitenfeld hasn't scored an adventure movie yet. we don't know, how the score will be. perhaps he will surprise us. the important thing is, that the music fits to the movie.

To be fair, Marc has scored only 3 films now. They do work for the movie, and were very small in scope. Based only the visuals in the trailer, and on what Ridley Scott likes to shoot in his recent period films (Kingdom of Heaven, Gladiator), he's gonna need to write very big and very personal music. I hope the movie get it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    Southall wrote
    lp wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

Or get someone good! But even I would much rather have Zimmer than Streitenfeld.

I guess it's too much to hope for another Harry Gregson-Williams score...
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    biggrin

Good one.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    (he actually means it)
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Oh... oh my...
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    biggrin lol
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    Christodoulides wrote
    (he actually means it)

Kingdom of Heaven was a good score. shocked
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    See?