• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJan 3rd 2010
    I know; What does he know?
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    I know he knows you know he knows.
    And so does he.
    Probably.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorLars
    1. DRAG ME TO HELL: movie - 3,5/5 score - 3/5
    2. BLOOD - THE LAST VAMPIRE: movie - 3/5 score - 3/5
    3. TERMINATOR - SALVATION: movie - 4/5 score - 3,5/5
    the best at the end
    4. THE BANQUET: movie - 5/5 score - 5/5
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJan 4th 2010
    Christodoulides wrote

LOST started good and then got crapper and crapper until it was a mushy shite!
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Timmer wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

FACT!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    Timmer wrote
    Steven wrote
    biggrin

I feel now would be a good time to introduce myself:

Hello. My name is Steven and I listen to complete and chronological scores.

AKA Hello, My name is Loki.....

I thought your name was Timmy! wink biggrin
    Racism, Prejudices and discrimination exists everywhere.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Yesterday was not a great film-viewing day.

Semi-Pro

Largely unfunny comedy partially redeemed by a few amusing moments (and Will Arnett).

Sleeping with the Enemy

Routine thriller that seemed more like a tv movie, apart from having Julia Roberts in it and the score. Though the use of the Berlioz music from The Shining for the sex scenes is hilariously awful.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Sunil wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Steven wrote
    biggrin

I feel now would be a good time to introduce myself:

Hello. My name is Steven and I listen to complete and chronological scores.

AKA Hello, My name is Loki.....

I thought your name was Timmy! wink biggrin

face-palm-mt

I really can't be arsed to explain this.

And 'Timmy' eh? Just when I thought we were civil to one another rolleyes Unless you want me to return to your name of Sun-il Jim then just keep it to Tim or Timmer....got it!?
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  1. A couple of films I've not seen before:

Bury My Heart At Wounded Knee
    A reasonably interesting film of the displacement of the Native American Indians from their lands. The book on which this this film is based is far better at conveying just how badly the Indians were treated time and time again.
    3 out of 5

30 Days of Night
    The first time I tried to watch this (admittedly, it was quite a late showing) I couldn't last through the first 20-30 minutes as it seemed so slow. But this slow-burning film ended up being better than I expected. I liked the look of the vampires and the whole bleakness of the town. This was balanced though with some hard-to-believe (even for a vampire movie) aspects to the film; particularly the need to have a showdown with only minutes before the sun rose.
    2 out of 5*

*2 rather than 3 in order to differentiate between the two films.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorBhelPuri
    • CommentTimeJan 4th 2010 edited
    Aurore
    Saw this Canadian movie entirely on Youtube where someone had uploaded it in 11 parts. I like the Michel Cusson score and that's the only reason for my watching this. It's based on the true story of Aurore Gagnon who was tortured to death by her father and stepmother. A sad story but some good performances especially by the kid who plays Aurore.

Food Inc.
    At first I tried watching On The Beach but the low production values and dragging nature of the first 30 minutes made me ditch it and watch this documentary instead. It's a disturbing look into the food processing industry and its all pervading influences. Watching this made me glad to be a vegetarian. The extent of dirty business by the meat industry is sickening. Alas, vegetables aren't entirely safe either but atleast they're better off compared to meat. The single most important take away from this is to eat healthy food from locally grown, organic farms and to read the labels carefully.

This also got me thinking about the situation in India where thanks to
    1) Primitive farming methods & lack of modernization in agriculture
    2) The minuscule market for beef (cow is sacred) and pork (pigs are considered unclean)
    those aforementioned problems are largely obviated. Yay!
  2. Timmer wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

indeed, and I'm just in the middle of season 5, but it's absolutely ridiculous
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
  3. BhelPuri wrote
    Aurore
    Saw this Canadian movie entirely on Youtube where someone had uploaded it in 11 parts. I like the Michel Cusson score and that's the only reason for my watching this. It's based on the true story of Aurore Gagnon who was tortured to death by her father and stepmother. A sad story but some good performances especially by the kid who plays Aurore.

The story is about torture? I would never have guessed from the music. I thought it might be a sweet Catholic romance or something. dizzy
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    RV:

Aliens in the Attic
    G-Force
    Inkheart
    Iron Man
    Planet 51
    Sherlock Holmes

The others were OK, but Avatar was... incredible. cheesy punk
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    La môme (aka. La vie en rose)

About Edith Piaf, a person who I knew practically nothing about. It's the kinda movie that gets lots of awards, being very well made, well casted, excellent costumes and makeup, beautiful and carefully planned scenes and lotsa dramatic moments. The scene where [spoiler]we learn that Marcel had died in a plane crash[/spoiler] was amazingly well done, all in one shot, and amazing acting by Marion Cotillard. It's the kinda stuff that the Academy Awards have wet dreams about, so no wonder she won the Oscar. All those compliments said, I didn't really enjoy the movie. It didn't engage me for most of its running time, and there were so many characters and so much stuff happening that I ended up being confused by who was who and what happened. I got the feeling that this was the kind of movie only fans of Edith Piaf would enjoy, but considering her very eventful and short life, I think the movie should have been more.

Rated it 4/10 on imdb.

Peter smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Ah, i remember my girlfriend and her friends shouting about it and how great it was but it always seemed like the completely boring, no-no territory for me so i never gave it a try; nor do i plan to it seems.
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    I'm sure you wouldn't like it Demetris. It's the kind of movie where you, throughout the movie, sit and think "Wow, this is very well made, beautiful scenes, dramatic events, the acting is wonderful... and I'm bored out of my mind!!"

Edited to add: I did enjoy Christopher Gunning's music though. It's rather subtle, but the theme is repeated often enough during the movie to be enjoyable to film score fans.

Peter smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    biggrin It wouldn't be the first time smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    • CommentTimeJan 5th 2010
    wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Cloverfield

Nice idea. But crap.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    You're kidding! shocked

I loved that film, and found it brilliantly clever: a Godzilla film filmed from ground zero!
    I enjoyed it immensely!
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Southall wrote
    Cloverfield

Nice idea. But crap.

biggrin

I agree.
  4. I've not seen Cloverfield yet, but I'd imagine that the style of the filming would probably ruin the rest of the film.

From the style I've seen of The Blair Witch Project I think that I'd hate that as well.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeJan 5th 2010 edited
    *sigh* sad

Nobody appreciates a good monster movie any more.
    <curls up with popcorn to watch the radioactivulous The Return of Godzilla again>
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    I am not into the BLAIR WITCH PROJECT / PARANORMAL ACTIVITY shaky cam crap films either where they shaky cam is actually the sole meaning of the movie. I haven't seen Cloverfield though.
  5. Steven wrote
    Southall wrote
    Cloverfield

Nice idea. But crap.

biggrin

I agree.

I don't.

FalkirkBairn wrote
    I've not seen Cloverfield yet, but I'd imagine that the style of the filming would probably ruin the rest of the film.

From the style I've seen of The Blair Witch Project I think that I'd hate that as well.

Well that style of filming is the whole point. To make you feel you're right there running for dear life. I thought Cloverfield was amazingly well done and very tense.

And I didn't feel the need to vomit once.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    To be fair: I'm only able to watch these films on TV.
    In a cinema I'd be barfing my head off.
  6. Martijn wrote
    To be fair: I'm only able to watch these films on TV.
    In a cinema I'd be barfing my head off.

Yes. You wouldn't want to make your back worse!
  7. Oh I saw this on the huge screen, and I was fully immersed the whole time. But I understand it can make one feel sick after a while.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
  8. My 21-DVD Laurel and Hardy set arrived today. I had time to watch only a couple of shorts and so the family gathered 'round the TV and had a good laugh at "Towed In A Hole" and "The Music Box".

5 out of 5
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Is this set computer-coloured?
    And does it include the extremely elusive Fra Diavolo?