• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeJan 7th 2010 edited
    dizzy
    Am I the only one who thinks things are getting slightly surreal?

And I don't like Tia Leone either.
    I do like bananas, though.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeJan 7th 2010
    Timmer wrote
    Urm? No!

She is gorgeous in that film.
  1. Martijn wrote
    dizzy

You are the only one. rolleyes

Me too, their usefulness as self-defence weapons is unquestionable.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
  2. Oh no that've should've been the other way around. They're best for attacking. face-palm-mt

Damn I'm tired today. sad
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Southall wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Urm? No!

Are the bad boys in her?
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Martijn wrote
    dizzy

Two things we agree on. Rule the world you and I shall.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    DreamTheater wrote
    You are the only one. rolleyes

I know it, babe.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Timmer wrote
    Southall wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Urm? No!

Are the bad boys in her?

Fortunately not.

Here is a useful film for you and Martijn. I suggest you take its lessons on board:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zekiZYSVdeQ
    •  
      CommentAuthorDreamTheater
  3. Timmer wrote
    Martijn wrote
    dizzy

Two things we agree on. Rule the world you and I shall.

Get lost, you failed Yoda you...

We should let the ruling of the planet go to the dino's again.

And no this topic is still not getting surreal. wink
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    I've marked you down in my book of who gets killed to death, and you'll have the honour of being 2nd.
  4. Beware power-sharing deals with Martijn. His will to dominate all life will catch you out when you least expect it.
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    uhm
  5. Timmer wrote
    I've marked you down in my book of who gets killed to death, and you'll have the honour of being 2nd.

(I'm shutting up, see?)
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    franz_conrad wrote
    Beware power-sharing deals with Martijn. His will to dominate all life will catch you out when you least expect it.

Me? Dominating?
    I'm a pussycat. cat
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Southall wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Urm? No!

She looks like a whore.

So yeah, I agree.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBhelPuri
    On The Beach
    I mentioned earlier that I saw the first 30 min of this and got bored and turned it off. I gave it another chance and things improved a lot after that especially with the characters played by Bryan Brown and Rachel Ward. The last 1 hour or so was an incredibly sad depiction of the end of the world. The Christopher Gordon score is just tops.

And that should conclude my movie watching for a while. Lots of school work in the coming weeks. Adios!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    Christodoulides wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    Erik Woods wrote
    Southall wrote
    Bad Boys

Quite fun, I guess, but not really my cup of tea. But speaking of tea - wow, Tea Leoni was smoking hot in that film!

Yes, yes and more yes!

-Erik-

oh my goodness, I think I just wet myself shocked

I think it's the only movie where she's actually hot?

Agreed. kiss beer But she was slightly sexy in the movie Fun with Dick and Jane. Anybody?
    Racism, Prejudices and discrimination exists everywhere.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Steven wrote
    Southall wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Urm? No!

She looks like a whore.

It helps apparently.
    • CommentAuthorMatt C
    • CommentTimeJan 9th 2010
    Daybreakers - An interesting, hard R-rated vampire film with an intriguing concept. The Sperig Brothers try to focus on many things (the cure for vampirism, the remains of humanity fighting to stay alive against the vampire majority, et al), and it doesn't always work. But it's good pulpy fun and the Christopher Gordon score doesn't disappoint.

Gordon's score is one of the best things about the film, aside from the performances and cinematography. One scene at the end utilizes a male choir underscoring vicious, bloody mayhem and it's both horrific and wonderful. Gordon's first foray into mainstream film scoring hits all the right notes.

Now if Lionsgate would release a soundtrack album online or better yet, on CD.
    http://unsungfilmscores.blogspot.com/ -- My film/TV/game score review blog
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    Cannibal Holocaust

I had heard this was one of the goriest, most shocking and controversial movies of all time, so I must admit I was a bit curious. That, and Riz Ortolani's beautiful music convinced me to see it. The gore is very realistic, but the acting, the story and the dialogue made it appear amateurish. I don't understand why this one is considered such a classic in the genre when it's such an amateur-fest. Perhaps I'm simply getting too old for the gore genre. Rated it 2 on imdb (It can thank Riz for not getting a 1).

In any case, I'm sure most people, no matter how much they dislike the movie, will appreciate the beauty of Ortolani's score:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D9nKgvenmCw
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQamlINx3Yc

Peter smile
  6. Matt C wrote
    Daybreakers - An interesting, hard R-rated vampire film with an intriguing concept. The Sperig Brothers try to focus on many things (the cure for vampirism, the remains of humanity fighting to stay alive against the vampire majority, et al), and it doesn't always work. But it's good pulpy fun and the Christopher Gordon score doesn't disappoint.

I agree about the film. It has good ideas, but it doesn't always pull them off well. The Gordon score is very strong though.
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeJan 9th 2010 edited
    plindboe wrote
    Cannibal Holocaust

I had heard this was one of the goriest, most shocking and controversial movies of all time. The gore is very realistic, but the acting, the story and the dialogue made it appear amateurish. I don't understand why this one is considered such a classic in the genre when it's such an amateur-fest

Oh it was at its time (1980). Nowadays we are so used to those realistic films (Blair Witch Project, Cloverfield, Paranormal Activity, etc etc) that it´s simply impossible for us to imagine that a film we are watching is not only realistic but totally true. I attended a screening of Cannibal Holocaust at Sitges Film Festival some years ago and director Ruggero Deodato told us interesting anecdotes about the reactions the film caused. One of the better ones was that he finally (when the pressure was too high) had to arrange a gathering with the actors so everybody would see they were alive!

About the amateur look, that was exactly the point.

plindboe wrote
    In any case, I'm sure most people, no matter how much they dislike the movie, will appreciate the beauty of Ortolani's score:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D9nKgvenmCw
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQamlINx3Yc

Peter smile

Indeed. Beautiful music for such a shocking movie. When I first watched it I couldn´t stop playing the main theme in my head.
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Well, it's not really considered a "classic".
    Just infamous, due to extremely graphic nature of the violence: the turtle-torture and disembowelment scene in particular, for which the director was actually prosecuted (and rightly so), and of course the very graphic rape scene.
    That'll help put a movie in the market.

That said, the effects department did very impressive work on the film.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Matt C wrote

Gordon's score is one of the best things about the film, aside from the performances and cinematography. One scene at the end utilizes a male choir underscoring vicious, bloody mayhem and it's both horrific and wonderful. Gordon's first foray into mainstream film scoring hits all the right notes.

You don't like Silva Screen?
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    It will be my first brand new score purchase of the year. Bravo Silva.
    • CommentAuthorMatt C
    I forgot about Silva Screen releasing the score album for that movie. After more checking, I realize both SAE and Amazon.com have it for sale. shame
    http://unsungfilmscores.blogspot.com/ -- My film/TV/game score review blog
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Matt C wrote

I truly appreciate composers who can deliver such scores for crappy movies. Another one who had perhaps the greatest talent at this, was Jerry Goldsmith of course.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    • CommentTimeJan 10th 2010 edited
    Marselus wrote
    Oh it was at its time (1980). Nowadays we are so used to those realistic films (Blair Witch Project, Cloverfield, Paranormal Activity, etc etc) that it´s simply impossible for us to imagine that a film we are watching is not only realistic but totally true. I attended a screening of Cannibal Holocaust at Sitges Film Festival some years ago and director Ruggero Deodato told us interesting anecdotes about the reactions the film caused. One of the better ones was that he finally (when the pressure was too high) had to arrange a gathering with the actors so everybody would see they were alive!

Indeed, I read on the imdb board that it was in the actors' contracts that they wouldn't show up to the premier and that they would remain out of sight after the movie had been made, and apparently alot of people were convinced that the actors had been killed.

Marselus wrote
    About the amateur look, that was exactly the point.

How was that a point? To make it seem more realistic? I can understand the cheesy lines being done on purpose, because no gore movie would be complete without them, but there is a limit to how amaeturish something can be to avoid being a waste of time.

Martijn wrote
    Well, it's not really considered a "classic".

Many seem to consider it a classic in the gore genre. That's at least the impression I get from the imdb board.

Martijn wrote
    Just infamous, due to extremely graphic nature of the violence: the turtle-torture and disembowelment scene in particular, for which the director was actually prosecuted (and rightly so), and of course the very graphic rape scene.
    That'll help put a movie in the market.

Indeed. The animal killings were the worst for me, because they were real. The cute opposum getting killed was the worst for me. I'm pretty sure the turtle died immediately, so I wouldn't consider it torture.

Peter smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeJan 10th 2010
    plindboe wrote
    Indeed, I read on the imdb board that it was in the actors' contracts that they wouldn't show up to the premier and that they would remain out of sight after the movie had been made, and apparently alot of people were convinced that the actors had been killed.

Yes I remember Deodato explaining this one too. He certainly had a good time with this film.

plindboe wrote
    How was that a point? To make it seem more realistic? I can understand the cheesy lines being done on purpose, because no gore movie would be complete without them, but there is a limit to how amaeturish something can be to avoid being a waste of time.

Yes, to make it more realistic IMO. Maybe the reason is more logical though: budget issues?
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you