• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. Martijn wrote
    Is this set computer-coloured?
    And does it include the extremely elusive Fra Diavolo?

The set includes the computer-coloured (for some of the titles) and there's the option to view either versions. The children can't understand why we are watching the B&W versions.

rolleyes

And Fra Diavolo is one of the titles not included in this set.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeJan 5th 2010
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    The children can't understand why we are watching the B&W versions.

lol

And Fra Diavolo is one of the titles not included in this set.

Damn. That one, and The Laurel & Hardy Murder Case are two of the films I am really looking for.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorFalkirkBairn
    • CommentTimeJan 5th 2010 edited
    Martijn wrote
    Damn. That one, and The Laurel & Hardy Murder Case are two of the films I am really looking for.

If I remember correctly, this title is included. I'll just go and check...

...yes, The Laurel-Hardy Murder Case is included. A restored B&W version, a computer-colour version and a version entitled "Noche de Duendes", "The Laurel-Hardy Murder Case and Berth Marks combined into a special Spanish-language edition, with Laurel & Hardy speaking their own dialogue".

There's a few foreign-language versions of things here but I've read that these versions do not have any subtitles option...but English-language versions of titles do have subtitles options (for the hard-of-hearing no doubt).
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  2. Martijn wrote
    *sigh* sad

Nobody appreciates a good monster movie any more.
    <curls up with popcorn to watch the radioactivulous The Return of Godzilla again>

Does listening to some tracks from Akira Ifukube's King Kong vs Godzilla make you feel that this genre isn't being COMPLETELY ignored?

NP: "The Confrontation At Fuji" - King Kong vs Godzilla - Akira Ifukube
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Christodoulides wrote
    I am not into the BLAIR WITCH PROJECT / PARANORMAL ACTIVITY shaky cam crap films either where they shaky cam is actually the sole meaning of the movie. I haven't seen Cloverfield though.

I HATE shaky cam 'ooh look how real it looks' movies. Hate them.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    Timmer wrote

face-palm-mt

I really can't be arsed to explain this.

And 'Timmy' eh? Just when I thought we were civil to one another rolleyes Unless you want me to return to your name of Sun-il Jim then just keep it to Tim or Timmer....got it!?

Hey, Cool, buddy! don't take that as so serious. Why so serious?. However, i won't call you as Timmy from today onwards. Is that fine?

Have a nice day! beer
    Racism, Prejudices and discrimination exists everywhere.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Martijn wrote
    You're kidding! shocked

I loved that film, and found it brilliantly clever: a Godzilla film filmed from ground zero!
    I enjoyed it immensely!

I'm with you, I thought Cloverfield was very good.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Sunil wrote
    Timmer wrote

face-palm-mt

I really can't be arsed to explain this.

And 'Timmy' eh? Just when I thought we were civil to one another rolleyes Unless you want me to return to your name of Sun-il Jim then just keep it to Tim or Timmer....got it!?

Hey, Cool, buddy! don't take that as so serious. Why so serious?. However, i won't call you as Timmy from today onwards. Is that fine?

Have a nice day! beer

bites tongue

Okay, you're back to being Sunil beer
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  3. And here I was thinking we could get to watch a ring fight soon. sad

This place is just so friendly. punk
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Fuck off.
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    • CommentTimeJan 5th 2010 edited
    Have you ever considered that for some people (and I say that I'm not included in them) what you said can be taken as a wish? Just think about it... It's all a matter of perspective.

And after the small break: I watched NINE a few days ago. It was pretty good but not as good as I expected. I liked Daniel Day Lewis's performance and Marion Cotilliard was excellent! My boyfriend of course voted for Penelope Cruz and I don't have to explain why.
    Whatever you gaze rests on,do not use your vision, but the eyes of your soul...She knows better...
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    biggrin
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBhelPuri
    Assault on Precinct 13
    Low budget, early John Carpenter film thriller about a bunch of thugs/zombies trying to take over an understaffed police station. It's very dated now but a decent watch nevertheless. Instead, I prefer the French film Nid de Guepes which is on similar lines (and a Desplat score to boot).
  4. Steven wrote
    Fuck off.

UP YOURS !!!

Like I said............ friendly !!!! punk
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    • CommentTimeJan 6th 2010
    DreamTheater wrote
    Steven wrote
    Fuck off.

UP YOURS !!!

Like I said............ friendly !!!! punk

lol
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Bad Boys

Quite fun, I guess, but not really my cup of tea. But speaking of tea - wow, Tea Leoni was smoking hot in that film!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    Indeed! lick
  5. Southall wrote
    Bad Boys

Quite fun, I guess, but not really my cup of tea. But speaking of tea - wow, Tea Leoni was smoking hot in that film!

The first film has tons more charm and wit than the second ever will. Martin Lawrence is funny as hell and the jokes were less racist than in the sequel. Come to think of it, this is Bay's most subdued blockbuster. It was also his first so that makes sense.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Southall wrote
    Bad Boys

Yes, yes and more yes!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
  6. Erik Woods wrote
    Southall wrote
    Bad Boys

Yes, yes and more yes!

-Erik-

oh my goodness, I think I just wet myself shocked
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
  7. Erik Woods wrote
    Southall wrote
    Bad Boys

Yes, yes and more yes!

-Erik-

Well the first and the third image are blocked at work...

So logically I expect them to be X-rated. dizzy

Thomas Glorieux wrote
    Erik Woods wrote
    Southall wrote
    Bad Boys

Yes, yes and more yes!

-Erik-

What? You pissed your pants??? face-palm-mt
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeJan 6th 2010 edited
    DreamTheater wrote
    Erik Woods wrote
    Southall wrote
    Bad Boys

Yes, yes and more yes!

-Erik-

Well the first and the third image are blocked at work...

So logically I expect them to be X-rated. dizzy

Not at all. Just two hot shots of Leoni in a blue dress.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    Erik Woods wrote
    Southall wrote
    Bad Boys

Yes, yes and more yes!

-Erik-

I think it's the only movie where she's actually hot?
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    DreamTheater wrote
    Southall wrote
    Bad Boys

The first film has tons more charm and wit than the second ever will. Martin Lawrence is funny as hell and the jokes were less racist than in the sequel. Come to think of it, this is Bay's most subdued blockbuster. It was also his first so that makes sense.

Rac----WHAT?!?!!

You're so banned.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Tea Leoni doesn't do much for me.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Neither for me, that's why i i asked that 2 posts above smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Me neither. I'm also part of this conversation.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeJan 7th 2010
    Timmer wrote
    Tea Leoni doesn't do much for me.

Ah, but have you seen her in Bad Boys?
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJan 7th 2010
    Urm? No!
  8. Christodoulides wrote
    DreamTheater wrote
    Southall wrote
    Bad Boys

Rac----WHAT?!?!!

You're so banned.

R-A-C-I-S-T ------> The jokes !!!!!!!!! GEDDIT ??????

GOOD !

beer

And if you seriously want to ban someone, you can always try it on for size yourself.

For five minutes.

Every hour.

tongue