• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. DreamTheater wrote
    The A-Team

I wanted to see this, my memories from childhood are vivid enough to make me actually go out and see this in the cinema. While it's fun and a good way to spend 2 hours with 4 wise-cracking guys doing the most crazy stunts and acting cool, the story really isn't crazy at all... It's instantly forgettable. I don't think in 25 years time my memories of this flick will be vivid.

Just a standard action comedy like I've seen too many times already. Some of the jokes were good though.

aha, so a rental on blu then? smile

ps, how did the score sound?
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
  2. Ah yes I always forget this, the score didn't impress me either, but I admit it was buried under layers of very loud sound effects and screams practically all the way through.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
  3. DreamTheater wrote
    Ah yes I always forget this, the score didn't impress me either, but I admit it was buried under layers of very loud sound effects and screams practically all the way through.

I'll listen to it drawn away from the SFX then wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeJun 28th 2010 edited
    I saw Toy Story 3 with my boy over the weekend and I thought it was superb! What a fantastic trilogy of films. This final film definitely tugs on the heartstrings and send our heroes out in style! There's plenty of laughs, fantastic animation and a prologue that even out does the superb prologue from Toy Story 2. I also thought Randy Newman did a fantastic job on this score. There's some pretty tense moments in the movie (especially during the last act) and Newman pulls out all the stops... there's some great dramatic scoring going on and the music for that brilliant opening sequence is wild! Everything from western styled music to super hero scoring all with some solid rock thrown in for good measure. I highly recommend this movie to everyone who just wants to feel like a kid again.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
  4. excellent, I think Toy Story II is one of the most perfect movies ever created, here's hoping III will be equally as good
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJun 28th 2010
    PawelStroinski wrote
    Married Zoe??

He would be sooooooo pissed!

DreamTheater wrote
    The A-Team

I wanted to see this, my memories from childhood are vivid enough to make me actually go out and see this in the cinema. While it's fun and a good way to spend 2 hours with 4 wise-cracking guys doing the most crazy stunts and acting cool, the story really isn't crazy at all... It's instantly forgettable. I don't think in 25 years time my memories of this flick will be vivid.

Just a standard action comedy like I've seen too many times already. Some of the jokes were good though.

Yeap. I agree. Some moments in the score were kick ass though.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Erik Woods wrote
    I saw Toy Story 3 with my boy over the weekend and I thought it was superb! What a fantastic trilogy of films. This final film definitely tugs on the heartstrings and send our heroes out in style! There's plenty of laughs, fantastic animation and a prologue that even out does the superb prologue from Toy Story 2. I also thought Randy Newman did a fantastic job on this score. There's some pretty tense moments in the movie (especially during the last act) and Newman pulls out all the stops... there's some great dramatic scoring going on and the music for that brilliant opening sequence is wild! Everything from western styled music to super hero scoring all with some solid rock thrown in for good measure. I highly recommend this movie to everyone who just wants to feel like a kid again.

-Erik-

Must.see!

What did Mr.Moo think of it?
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    I saw Toy Story 2 this weekend again, and can't wait to see part 3! It's also really good to see all the Pixar love once again heating up. These guys really can do no wrong, eh? lick
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Well, pixar love never went away. Last year's UP was absolutely brilliant too.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Christodoulides wrote
    Erik Woods wrote

-Erik-

Must.see!

What did Mr.Moo think of it?

He could not stop talking about the last act. So many questions. But overall he had a good time!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJun 28th 2010 edited
    So they leave it open for a 4th installment i guess, eh?
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Christodoulides wrote

Yes... if they want to do a new one for sure... but this one definitely closes the book on the Andy chapter... and they do it soooooooooooooooo well.

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    Can't Wait. It's screening in IMAX 3D just around the corner over here, so I wonder how long I'll try to persuade a friend to come along before I'll decide to go on my own...
    •  
      CommentAuthorMiya
    • CommentTimeJun 30th 2010
    MONSTERS VS ALIENS

Okey the parodies are funny. But it's like watching a collection of YouTube videos.

rolleyes

I wonder what if Pixar developed this idea (an ordinary woman gets superpower and save the world)...
    Labels are for cans, not people. - Anthony Rapp
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    You could always watch a non-animated film. They're quite good sometimes.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMiya
    • CommentTimeJun 30th 2010 edited
    Yes I do sometimes tongue wink
    Labels are for cans, not people. - Anthony Rapp
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    But beware: you can only watch Asian movies 'cause Hollywood movies are only made for Americans.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Christodoulides wrote
    But beware: you can only watch Asian movies 'cause Hollywood movies are only made for Americans.

Tom dixit.
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
  5. FalkirkBairn wrote
    The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

It's the first time I've watched this all the way through in ages. And I loved it - again!

And what made it even better was the fact that David, my 11-year-old son asked to watch it!! Although it's an 18-certificate film, by today's standards, it's a film that's not got too much that would restrict it for someone David's age. And I thought that he'd be too bored with it to last the 3 hours it was on.

But credit to David - or should the credit go to Leone? - David sat through the entire film and really enjoyed it. He found the story a bit difficult to follow but he did like it. And remembered the music from his dad's mp3 player!

Well, yesterday, David's western education continued. He watched most of The Magnificent Seven yesterday - and was enjoying it. He didn't make it through it all as he fell asleep (he's been away with the school most of the week and has been catching up on sleep since he got back.) I'm sure he'll catch it again next time it's on TV.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    • CommentTimeJul 4th 2010
    Erik Woods wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

Yes... if they want to do a new one for sure... but this one definitely closes the book on the Andy chapter... and they do it soooooooooooooooo well.

-Erik-

By the way, in EMPIRE magazine director Lee Unkrich stresses they wanted to tell a closed tale that didn't necessarily left things open for a new installment. By any means, it wasn't designed for a fourth installment to follow this one as it's not his idea to make another one. Maybe Pixar (Lasseter) might decide on it, but as of now, this really is meant to be the final one.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeJul 5th 2010
    The Thick of It

How on earth did it take me so long to watch this fantastic series? Six episodes through the third series, watching the last two this week, clearly need to watch the first two. Just brilliant. "This is like The Shawshank Redemption, but with more tunneling through shit and no fucking redemption."
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    • CommentTimeJul 5th 2010
    It's a fantastic series indeed. Make sure you check out the first and second series (only 3 eps each) and the following two 1hr specials from 2007. Brilliant stuff.
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    • CommentTimeJul 11th 2010
    The last airbender

This scene tells you all you need to know-> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iwccNqklC_k

Peter slant
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    plindboe wrote
    The last airbender

This scene tells you all you need to know-> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iwccNqklC_k

Peter slant

Maybe I'm feeling weird today but I kept expecting them to break into song.

Anyway, looks awful.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    Hehe.

Indeed, the acting by the three main actors is just horrendous and the dialogue is simplistic beyond belief. That said, the effects are great and the music kicks butt. So while the movie has tons of crappy elements (hoho) there are enjoyable ones as well.

Peter smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    At least we know JNH is willing to give a great score to a bad film.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Truly great score;
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Predators

Yeah, not bad.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJul 12th 2010
    How's the music like?
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeJul 12th 2010
    Like you'd expect really. Debney emulating Silvestri's score, but with some electric guitars and Debney's typical competence when it comes to action movies.

Nothing that will set the film music world alight, but quite a aptly raw, jungley type score. I enjoyed it!