• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJul 12th 2010
    Better or worse than iron man 2?
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    I haven't heard Iron Man 2.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Steven wrote
    I haven't heard Iron Man 2.

I have!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    .....and?
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    I can't remember anything about it - and I haven't heard Predators - so I'm not much use here.
    •  
      CommentAuthorHeeroJF
    Sorry I'm probably late to get on this boat but I just got back from seeing Toy Story 3.

Wow.
    ''The mandate, as well as the benefit, of responsibility is the ability to tell when one can afford to be irresponsible.'' - Me
  1. David's western odyssey continues. Yesterday he watched A Fistful of Dollars - and thoroughly enjoyed it!

Also, he's becoming a bit of an Ennio Morricone fan. He's got the Dollars trilogy on his mp3 player now! That's my boy!! And with Rachel now having some of Kenji Kawai's music to the Anime movie The Sky Crawlers as well as a selection of music from Super Mario Galaxy there's hope for her as well!!
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    David's western odyssey continues. Yesterday he watched A Fistful of Dollars - and thoroughly enjoyed it!

Also, he's becoming a bit of an Ennio Morricone fan. He's got the Dollars trilogy on his mp3 player now! That's my boy!! And with Rachel now having some of Kenji Kawai's music to the Anime movie The Sky Crawlers as well as a selection of music from Super Mario Galaxy there's hope for her as well!!

cool
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJul 12th 2010 edited
    Steven wrote
    Predators

Yeah, not bad.

How much better than AVP : R?

which stank out the entire solar system.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorHeeroJF
    Timmer wrote
    How much better than AVP : R?

which stank out the entire solar system.

Close your eyes and plug your ears any time humans are on screen and you actually have an incredibly solid movie with AVP:R.
    ''The mandate, as well as the benefit, of responsibility is the ability to tell when one can afford to be irresponsible.'' - Me
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Never seen the second AVP film, but Predators feels like a proper sequel to the first Predator film. I'd say it's probably just as good as the first - perhaps even more enjoyable (bearing in mind I find the first film very enjoyable but ultimately trashy, just like this film).

Stupid dialogue, cliché 2-dimensional characters and lots of cool action scenes. It's just a fun expensive B-movie for the summer!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote
    Never seen the second AVP film, but Predators feels like a proper sequel to the first Predator film. I'd say it's probably just as good as the first - perhaps even more enjoyable (bearing in mind I find the first film very enjoyable but ultimately trashy, just like this film).

Stupid dialogue, cliché 2-dimensional characters and lots of cool action scenes. It's just a fun expensive B-movie for the summer!

That I don't have a problem with, heck, I even enjoyed Predator 2 even though it was derivitive of ALIENS with a bit of mumbo-jumbo thrown in ( when do we get to see Pirates of The Caribbean V Predator? The predator gives the pirate gun to the Lethal Weapon bloke wink ), still, all I need now is Gilles to say how much better the two Alien v Predator films were to completely sell me.
    •  
      CommentAuthorHeeroJF
    I'm a huge Predator fan. Of BOTH movies, for completely different reasons. I know this will sound blasphemous but the Glover hero in the 2nd one is SO much more driven, obsessional and just plain angry than the Schwarzennegger hero. So I love them both for different reasons. The first movie shines through its wide array of incrediblly endearing characters with great chemistries, but the 2nd movie doesn't have that. So, different movies, different strong points. But that's just me. Now I'm afraid that if the 3rd one really does harken back to the roots of the 1st, it'll be a bit of a step backwards instead of taking the franchise to the next level (which is often a stupid thing to do, like Highlander proved, but can be done right, like PotC)
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Steven wrote

Sounds like the kind of stuff i wouldn't pay to watch at the cinema, but would enjoy at an evening home on dvd, when i'm in brain-dead mode smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    I'm not a big fan of Predator but it's reasonably enjoyable. Sounds like I might quite enjoy this one too from what Steven says. Clearly one to watch on tv rather than pay to see at the cinema though.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    I think I'm more a fan of the idea of the Predator ( dizzy ) than the films themselves. But I do enjoy the first one and now this new one, just a bit of jungle sci-fi fun. cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorHeeroJF
    lol I know I'm going too far but for me the first film is something I would show film students who want to learn about the concept of "ensemble piece." Right along the two Roberts, Aldrich and Altman.

The Dirty Dozen
    Gosford Park
    Predator

Together in the same pantheon! biggrin Feel free to open up with both barrels, I like to cause a stir. I happen to believe in this, too.
  2. Gosford Park? I've never seen, but doesn't Altman have movies like Kansas City or Shortcuts?
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorHeeroJF
    Do not know. I think Gosford Park's the only one of his I've seen. If his movies led to classic film scores on a more regular basis I might check him out more often.
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    I remember watching Predator on TV when I was a kid. I had never heard of it before so in the beginning it just looked like an ordinary, cheesy war flick. It completely blew me away with its awesomeness. It's been a favourite of mine ever since.

Peter killkillkillkillkillkillfireworksdino
    •  
      CommentAuthorHeeroJF
    It's time to let Old Painless out the bag!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    plindboe wrote

biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJul 13th 2010
    About avatars.....wink
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    There's some Steven Seagal film just started on TV called Shadow Man, the music is a rip of John Williams 'conspirators' theme filtered through the Johnpowellotron.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    According to imdb, "Original Music" is by Barry Taylor smile

Oh and Steven Seagal? You're a brave man! I loved it when Family Guy showed him in a 'movie' fighting and kicking the ass of poor seals in the Arctic for killing a village's fish . biggrin
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Hah! biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    plindboe wrote
    I remember watching Predator on TV when I was a kid. I had never heard of it before so in the beginning it just looked like an ordinary, cheesy war flick. It completely blew me away with its awesomeness. It's been a favourite of mine ever since.

That's pretty much how I was introduced to it as well. What I saw in the first act was a standard war film starring Arnold Schwarzenegger. Lots of shit blows up, cheesy (but awesome) one liners, and GREAT music. But once the Predator showed up the film grabbed a hold of me and didn't let go until the final blast of Silvestri's End Credit cue. It's a great movie... and I think the sequel is just as good!

You know who would have been great in the directors chair of a Predator film... Paul Verhoeven.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Very true Erik, James Cameron too.
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    Erik Woods wrote
    That's pretty much how I was introduced to it as well. What I saw in the first act was a standard war film starring Arnold Schwarzenegger. Lots of shit blows up, cheesy (but awesome) one liners, and GREAT music.

Knock knock. punk

Erik Woods wroteIt's a great movie... and I think the sequel is just as good!

The sequel is indeed great, but imo not quite as awesome as the original.

Peter smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    Steven wrote
    plindboe wrote

biggrin

Hehe, was hoping someone would recognize that scene.

Peter cool