• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    • CommentTimeJan 12th 2011 edited
    Erik Woods wrote
    plindboe wrote
    Rambo 4 (trailer)

Oh, and I love the patriotic theme Tyler came up with.

vomit

Correction-> punk
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeJan 12th 2011
    Sorry, by Tyler's score is pure shit!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    • CommentAuthorMatt C
    Stargate Atlantis s1

I've been dipping my toes in the water, so to speak. So far, it's an entertaining series (about four episodes in). Nothing hugely original, daring or groundbreaking -- it's just fun. And Joel Goldsmith's score is great. I wish he had a live orchestra to work with like he did for the Stargate DTV films, though.
    http://unsungfilmscores.blogspot.com/ -- My film/TV/game score review blog
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    • CommentTimeJan 12th 2011 edited
    Erik Woods wrote

-Erik-

I love this kinda pure shit. I'm not into the entire score, but the shitty theme heard in "Battle adagio" is some wonderful shit indeed.

Peter punk
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    Memento

I had forgotten how good this movie was.

My rating: 8

Peter smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Erik Woods wrote

-Erik-

Love it!
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    plindboe wrote
    Memento

I had forgotten how good this movie was.

My rating: 8

Peter smile

You forgotten? Maybe the film infected you wink Stick a sticky note on you or tattoo "memento is good" next time wink tongue
  1. Erik Woods wrote
    plindboe wrote
    Rambo 4 (trailer)

Oh, and I love the patriotic theme Tyler came up with.

vomit

Double vomit

How he managed to rape Goldsmith's themes will always be a mystery to me. They sound amateurish and lame.

The film's good but shockingly violent. Curious about the extended cut of this flick. More guts, blood and severed limbs?
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Erik Woods wrote

-Erik-

I liked some of the percussion but that's about it, you just cannot compare Tyler against Goldsmith, Tyler's like one of them little birds that cleans crocodiles teeth.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    The King's Speech is not for the majority on this board but it is a very strong film that tells the story of the speech impediment of King George VI. Firth and Rush show that good acting can win out over special effects. The score I'm still thinking about as the better part is not Desplat but Beethoven.
    listen to more classical music!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    sdtom wrote
    The King's Speech is not for the majority on this board but it is a very strong film that tells the story of the speech impediment of King George VI. Firth and Rush show that good acting can win out over special effects. The score I'm still thinking about as the better part is not Desplat but Beethoven.

The film has had very good reviews, it does interest me.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    • CommentTimeJan 13th 2011
    sdtom wrote

The film looks very interesting to me too, despite the disturbing lack of special effects. wink

Peter smile
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJan 13th 2011
    I know Pete, I believe it doesn't contain explosions or car chases either, what's the point in making a film if you don't have those?
  2. And I believe all the actors are still alive so no virtual actors needed to be created either.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeJan 15th 2011
    Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince

The final 30-40 minutes are so good that I almost forgot the abject tedium of the previous two hours. Almost. Still, I now greatly look forward to seeing the series' finale.
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    Timmer wrote
    I know Pete, I believe it doesn't contain explosions or car chases either, what's the point in making a film if you don't have those?

How true! If I had been in charge I'd have put a giant, fire-breathing, martial arts expert robot somewhere. Doesn't even have to take up much of the running time, just 5 minutes of outer space battle near the end of the movie, to make sure it will have a memorable impact.

Peter smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    Heat 2... I mean The town

Pretty good. I even thought Affleck's acting was decent. Never thought I'd utter those words.

My rating: 7

Peter smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeJan 16th 2011
    Southall wrote

The final 30-40 minutes are so good that I almost forgot the abject tedium of the previous two hours. Almost. Still, I now greatly look forward to seeing the series' finale.

I hated almost everything about this film. IMHO, the worst Potter film.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
  3. Erik Woods wrote
    Southall wrote

-Erik-

I was already looking at my clock after a half an hour, and I had the same feeling with the Order of the Phoenix too

boring flicks I never want to see again
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Erik Woods wrote
    Southall wrote

-Erik-

Certainly the worst in my opinion, yes. It's just so dreary and dull for the most part. They could easily have chopped an hour out of it and, y'know, maybe not had the whole film be so dark you can barely see anything. Story has never been the strongpoint of Potter (it's all the little details that make the previous films entertaining for me, and the characters) but the trouble with this one is that the story is just as slight as ever and it just doesn't have those same smaller moments that the earlier films did - stretching it out to two and a half hours is absurd.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Erik Woods wrote
    Southall wrote

-Erik-

There's a good Potter film too ? wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Christodoulides wrote
    Erik Woods wrote
    Southall wrote

-Erik-

I think Azkaban and Goblet are really good!

-Erik-
  4. Azkaban was Alfonso Cuaron, Demetris, mind that!
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    And I believe all the actors are still alive so no virtual actors needed to be created either.

A nice historical film
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJan 16th 2011 edited
    PawelStroinski wrote
    Azkaban was Alfonso Cuaron, Demetris, mind that!

Doesn't say much to me; and THE LIVE OF OTHERS (brilliant film) director made the utter crap that is THE TOURIST with Hollywood's money.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    I was very much surprised by the photography in The Prisoner of Azkaban (which made the uninspired style of Goblet of Fire all the more disappointing), which was incredibly bleak and as such, a huge departure from the previous films. Loved the shot that goes through the mirror and back into reality. You can certainly see it's directed by Cauron (Children of Men).
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    Christodoulides wrote
    PawelStroinski wrote

Doesn't say much to me; and THE LIVE OF OTHERS (brilliant film) director made the utter crap that is THE TOURIST with Hollywood's money.

Hollywood is money. discussion ended
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Erik Woods wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    Erik Woods wrote
    Southall wrote

-Erik-

I think Azkaban and Goblet are really good!

-Erik-

Yeah, they're the two I liked most.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    sdtom wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    PawelStroinski wrote

Hollywood is money. discussion ended

Yeah, great things can always come out of it though.
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    Prisoner of Azkaban was my favourite as well. The worst was Order of the phoenix. It was a pain that they tried to make it all dark and arty (with the close-ups and taking itself too serious n such). Of course the story gets darker, but just making the whole movie grim ruined the charm the series used to have. All the rest I found average, but watchable.

Peter smile