• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. Erik Woods wrote
    Both my wife and I had the same thought.

Not to continue this thread's dangerous direction of besmirching your wife's cinematic thoughts, but maybe it was not a film for either of thee. wink
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeJan 25th 2011
    The Black Swan is a fine movie. We both liked it but we didn't go bananas over it! Now, Showgirls... yeah, this is a cinematic masterpiece!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
  2. What? I get no points for the use of the word 'besmirch' in context? wink
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeJan 26th 2011
    Timmer is the only one allowed to give out points... sorry!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Michael deserves 100 kudos points for appropriate use of the word 'besmirch' plus an extra 100 for services to healing unjustified statements.

100,000 kudos points to Erik for accurately pointing out that only "I" can give out points. biggrin
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    I wanted to comment to Erik who responded to something I wrote on my Facebook page last night. I wasn't being melodramatic. The whole debacle was truly a waste of time.
    Thomas
    listen to more classical music!
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    I'm sorry that you feel having a honest and thoughtful discussion about a film is a waste of time.

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    I would rather write reviews and listen to music. My new Rozsa CD is wonderful.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Then why even participate on this message board?

-Erik-
  3. Where's that slapping face emoticon...
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Whatevs. I am going to find me some hot white college flesh to bang.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Christodoulides wrote
    Whatevs. I am going to find me some hot white college flesh to bang.

Save some for me man.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Where's that slapping face emoticon...

face-palm-mt
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    Erik Woods wrote
    Then why even participate on this message board?

-Erik-

If you're speaking for the general consensus of the main titles members perhaps I shouldn't. If your goal was to hurt my feelings you did a good job.
    Thomas
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Double face-palm-mt

What are you getting on about, Tom?

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Shhhhhhhh let it go.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    You're right.

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    What is happening here? Tom, I thought we had a good conversation about the film? With several members having an opinion and giving feedback. And we did respect your opinion too. Why is that a waste of time?
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    rolleyes Let it.
  4. Just when it became interesting... tongue wink
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    Bregt wrote
    What is happening here? Tom, I thought we had a good conversation about the film? With several members having an opinion and giving feedback. And we did respect your opinion too. Why is that a waste of time?

Bregt the entire experience with Social Network; the watching, disagreeing with the person I watched it with, the subsequent discussion on the message board was a waste of my time. I could have listened to music and written a review which would have been a better way to spend my time. As far as Erik is concerned, he said the following:
    Then why even participate on this message board? That didn't come from me. I only agreed with him when he made the suggestion. And it hurt my feelings. I'm entitled to feel that way if I choose.
    Thomas
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    You're certainly entitled to feel like that if you choose to! But if discussing films and scores is such a waste of time, you must admit that a film music forum is an odd place to be! I think there must have been a misunderstanding.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeJan 27th 2011
    Southall wrote
    You're certainly entitled to feel like that if you choose to! But if discussing films and scores is such a waste of time, you must admit that a film music forum is an odd place to be! I think there must have been a misunderstanding.

The music James is one thing and my primary focus. As far as the film is concerned I should have kept my mouth shut and my thoughts to myself except for the music which I thought was shit including the In the Hall of the Mountain King debacle.
    Thomas
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    I still don't see the big deal. What wrong with discussing the film or any film for that matter!

Oh well...

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    Erik Woods wrote
    I still don't see the big deal. What wrong with discussing the film or any film for that matter!

Oh well...

-Erik-

You can of course do whatever you like. My personal feeling is that time could have been spent a lot more productively for me. The whole experience was a waste of time as far as my life is concerned.
    Thomas
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    I'm really sorry to hear that, Tom. I truly am.

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    • CommentTimeJan 28th 2011 edited
    I watched Prince Of Persia: The Sands Of Time on DVD the other night and it confirmed only one thing: I am completely and utterly in love with Gemma Arterton. love

That's it.

smile
  5. LSH wrote
    I watched Prince Of Persia: The Sands Of Time on DVD the other night and it confirmed only one thing: I am completely and utterly in love with Gemma Arterton. love

That's it.

smile

She looks a little bit more stunning as her film character than in that pic.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
  6. That's better.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJan 28th 2011
    LSH wrote

That's it.

smile

I'm much inclined to agree and I prefer this pic to the one Gilles posted. love