• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeDec 5th 2009
    Tintin wrote
    Just came back from seeing 2012 at the movie theater. Well, the special effects are the stars of the movie. The score was pretty blah. Yes, Marselus, I wasted some money but I really wanted to eat pop corn.

I told ya! I hope you enjoyed the pop corn though wink
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    NP : THE LORD OF THE RINGS : THE TWO TOWERS - Howard Shore

angelic love
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Timmer wrote

angelic love

I recently watched the extended editions, and it's easy to forget just what a monumental achievement these scores are!

The films aren't perfect, but for me, the scores are.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    I can only but agree with you cool beer
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    • CommentTimeDec 5th 2009 edited
    What a coincidence!!!I'm listening to it too!!! love smile
    Whatever you gaze rests on,do not use your vision, but the eyes of your soul...She knows better...
    •  
      CommentAuthorAtham
    I am too! shocked

Is there a global convergence of musical conciseness happening here?
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    I was listening a while back too, but the Return Of The King Complete Recordings.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Steven wrote
    Timmer wrote

angelic love

I recently watched the extended editions, and it's easy to forget just what a monumental achievement these scores are!

The films aren't perfect, but for me, the scores are.

Very, very true words!
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
  1. Alan Silvestri - Bodyguard Theme/Suspect Car Escapes

I am not a big fan of Silvestri, I must say, I think often he's loud just for the sake of being loud and he does have some blunders. This, though, is a fantastic theme, with a lot of noir feeling (a trumpet theme, jazzy, delicate strings, good piano). The action music in the latter part is not too shabby either.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
  2. Martijn wrote
    PawelStroinski wrote
    Max Payne 2 theme

Yes, the game theme. Beltrami, have you listened to the ORIGINAL game theme??

I just had a listen to it, coincidentally, but I actually found it rather blah. Pretty default game drone stuff. Not very enjoyable at all. sad

I don't think that drone stuff is the theme we're talking about.

It's a beautiful melody accentuated strongly by the added cello, I have it on one of my game compilations and it's quite the stunner.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Sunil wrote
    I believe they do deliberately for the sake of continuity. In fact, most of the score albums won't have proper chronological order that may be to sustain the continuity of listening experience. That's why in BTTF III album, first track starts with same old theme and changes immediately to new theme, and in second track, the train quick pace track which would certainly give some idea to the listeners about this entire album. The thing while you listen to the music, you should not bring the movie into my mind, you should assume yourself as if you are listening to some concert. This is how i appreciate the score which don't have proper chronological order. However, your way of appreciation may differ from me.

You're not saying anything that I didn't already know. I'm just saying that in this case the separation of the three Train cues was a dumb move and the out of order sequencing didn't help either.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    DemonStar wrote
    I was listening a while back too, but the Return Of The King Complete Recordings.

You, Me, Atham, Stavroula.....one ring to rule them all eh!? cool
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    NP : WILLOW - James Horner

punk
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Timmer wrote
    DemonStar wrote

You, Me, Atham, Staroula.....one ring to rule them all eh!? cool

I don't know who Staroula is, but Stavroula is definitely hot.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    shocked

Who me?!?
    Whatever you gaze rests on,do not use your vision, but the eyes of your soul...She knows better...
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Christodoulides wrote
    Timmer wrote
    DemonStar wrote

You, Me, Atham, Staroula.....one ring to rule them all eh!? cool

I don't know who Staroula is, but Stavroula is definitely hot.

Fixed and yes she is. cool
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Stavroula wrote
    shocked

Who me?!?

Yes you are. cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Not as hot as Staroula though.
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    Thank you boys! But for all you know the picture could be one my cousins and me a fatty, ugly, hairy creature!
    And Steven dear you are right! Staroula is definitely hotter! wink
  3. Erik Woods wrote
    Sunil wrote
    I believe they do deliberately for the sake of continuity. In fact, most of the score albums won't have proper chronological order that may be to sustain the continuity of listening experience. That's why in BTTF III album, first track starts with same old theme and changes immediately to new theme, and in second track, the train quick pace track which would certainly give some idea to the listeners about this entire album. The thing while you listen to the music, you should not bring the movie into my mind, you should assume yourself as if you are listening to some concert. This is how i appreciate the score which don't have proper chronological order. However, your way of appreciation may differ from me.

You're not saying anything that I didn't already know. I'm just saying that in this case the separation of the three Train cues was a dumb move and the out of order sequencing didn't help either.

-Erik-

I agree, I don't want to hear them separated like they are. Together as one big cue or in three following parts is what the train sequence should've been.

The John Williams Tribute Symphony

Thanks to Eric for providing this. I'll say it again, while some of the transitions are great and others are not, much like the Horner tribute, this is epic stuff... The best of Williams in one neat 80 minute package, I've burned this to disc and separated the 30 or so cues. On a strange evening, not actually knowing what to play, this is a blessing. All the major scores / best themes from the last 35 years are present. What more can one ask for? punk beer
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Fat? Ugly? Hairy? Naaaaahhhhh!!! As far as I know Susan Boyle isn't a film score fan. wink

NP : THE SECRET OF NIMH - Jerry Goldsmith

Fantastic!
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    PawelStroinski wrote
    Alan Silvestri - Bodyguard Theme/Suspect Car Escapes

I am not a big fan of Silvestri, I must say, I think often he's loud just for the sake of being loud and he does have some blunders. This, though, is a fantastic theme, with a lot of noir feeling (a trumpet theme, jazzy, delicate strings, good piano). The action music in the latter part is not too shabby either.

I was in love with the noir theme for the longest time. It's such a sad sounding theme, but I'm ever so relaxed while listening to it. I used to put it on a loop while trying to sleep. So, umm, yeah, love the theme, love it. I should listen to the score though and see if there are more of it.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    How much of The Bodyguard score is available? I thought it was only the one track on the official release unless you're talking about a b***.
  4. Timmer wrote
    Fat? Ugly? Hairy? Naaaaahhhhh!!! As far as I know Susan Boyle isn't a film score fan. wink

NP : THE SECRET OF NIMH - Jerry Goldsmith

Fantastic!

Indeed. Fantastic that is! Some great listens today Tim !!!

And how do you know that boyle isn't a score fan? Score fans are also nerds.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    The Terminal John Williams

Extremely charming. Like a puppy.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote
    The Terminal John Williams

Extremely charming. Like a puppy.

vomit

oh, okay....the puppy was cute. smile
  5. Timmer wrote
    How much of The Bodyguard score is available? I thought it was only the one track on the official release unless you're talking about a b***.

There indeed is a bootleg, I got only one track from a 4 CD album called The Ultimate Alan Silvestri (probably a bootleg too lol)
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
  6. There is a regualr boot, then a 2CD set. One can only hope now that all the studio vaults are essentially open, this -- one of Silvestri's best, in my opinion -- will come out eventually, (with what ever Barry recorded before being replaced).
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    i want main titles.net app for windows mobile!
  7. Stavroula wrote
    Thank you boys! But for all you know the picture could be one my cousins and me a fatty, ugly, hairy creature!
    And Steven dear you are right! Staroula is definitely hotter! wink

So how does your cousin feel about film music? wink

NP: New Moon (Desplat)
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am