• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. The Living Daylights (John Barry)

Shamefully I have to admit this is the only Bond by Barry I own on CD. To me this Deluxe Edition sounds perfect. I have heard other soundtracks in the series and it seems to me here he has perfected the Bond sound to masterful heights. I love ALL the themes, the songs are well performed without falling out of tune with the rest of the score. And that techno-ish vibe during the action music is so SWEET. Seeing this was his last composition for 007, he couldn't have ended on a better note than this, for me. I actually play this in the order of the film, for once the order is stated in the liner notes, and makes for a way more satisfying listen !!
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    • CommentTimeDec 7th 2009
    CHAIN REACTION - JERRY GOLDSMITH

Damn good score! Ice chase track simply rocks.... punk
    Racism, Prejudices and discrimination exists everywhere.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    • CommentTimeDec 7th 2009 edited
    NP:Hoist the Colours Suite (Zimmer)

One of the best zimmer tracks...ever.

Between Dead man's chest and At world's end sound, there is Hoist the colours. And in my opinion it's the perfect sound for this franchise.

Zimmer is Zimmer here without be out of place.

The waltz is a candidate to open my wedding wink
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    You're getting married Jordi? shocked
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    DreamTheater wrote
    The Living Daylights (John Barry)

Shamefully I have to admit this is the only Bond by Barry I own on CD. To me this Deluxe Edition sounds perfect. I have heard other soundtracks in the series and it seems to me here he has perfected the Bond sound to masterful heights. I love ALL the themes, the songs are well performed without falling out of tune with the rest of the score. And that techno-ish vibe during the action music is so SWEET. Seeing this was his last composition for 007, he couldn't have ended on a better note than this, for me. I actually play this in the order of the film, for once the order is stated in the liner notes, and makes for a way more satisfying listen !!

You're absolutely right, Barry couldn't have left on a better high than this though I think it's a shame he never scored Goldeneye which IMO is the best of the Brosnan films.

You have no other Barry Bond's? You're missing out!
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    Timmer wrote
    You're getting married Jordi? shocked

No. but I gues someday I will. tongue

The wedding waltz from Cuthroat island is another runner up.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    JOHN BARRY - dances with wolves
    on Vinyl.

Absolutely beautiful, incredibly addictive, one very rare gem.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    A rare beauty indeed!
  2. Timmer wrote

You have no other Barry Bond's? You're missing out!

Oh believe me: I know ! shame It's just I haven't gotten around to actually checking all of them out, so far I only heard YOLT, OHMSS, and DAF, and I liked some of the cues, though not all like I do with The Living Daylights. That last one has the more melodic approach I love in the later Barry.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    IMO On Her Majesty's Secret Service is one of the greatest scores ever written, full of fantastic themes and melodies, one of the greatest songs ever written ( in any idiom* ) and a main action theme to die for.

*We Have All The Time In The World...not Do You Know How Christmas Trees Are Grown wink
  3. Tim, what do you think of the CHristmas song? lol

Is the score still available, BTW?
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    PawelStroinski wrote
    Tim, what do you think of the CHristmas song? lol

Ermmm....I quite like the Christmas song, I have a real soft spot for it shame

OHMSS is still available, if you don't have it make sure it's the deluxe version you get.
  4. I know, I...

reviewed the mp3s...
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
  5. Timmer wrote
    PawelStroinski wrote
    Tim, what do you think of the CHristmas song? lol

Ermmm....I quite like the Christmas song, I have a real soft spot for it shame

OHMSS is still available, if you don't have it make sure it's the deluxe version you get.

You know what, based on your recommendation I might just order it.

Can you confirm Tim if this is the DE?
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    21 tracks, Yeap! That's the one Gilles.

£3.99? A bargain at four times that price cool beer
  6. ORDERED !!!! punk
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Respect! punk beer
  7. No thank YOU !!!!!!!! punk beer wave

At such a price it would be stupid not to.
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    NP: Ninja Assassin - Ilan Eshkeri

Lame. Banal. Boring.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    NP : LAST OF THE DOGMEN - David Arnold

Good expansive Barry'ish score cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeDec 8th 2009 edited
    Timmer wrote

Dare I say, an underrated effort (i.e. it doesn't get much mention). I think the main theme is bloody fantastic! (One that I kind of ripped for my composition project. Also, why am I telling you this? shame )
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeDec 8th 2009
    Because you can't resist the dark side.
    • CommentAuthorTintin
    Timmer wrote

That's why you like it hey?! wink

NP Little Women Thomas Newman

First snow. A tradition around here to celebrate the white fluffy stuff.
    Oh, the music isn't too bad either!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Tintin wrote
    Timmer wrote

That's why you like it hey?! wink

NP Little Women Thomas Newman

First snow. A tradition around here to celebrate the white fluffy stuff.
    Oh, the music isn't too bad either!

Killer fluff.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    TERMINATOR 2 JUDGMENT DAY - Brad Fiedel

I like this score. punk
    Racism, Prejudices and discrimination exists everywhere.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    NP:frost/nixon (Zimmer)

Today I'm enjoying it.

But it is really so good ??? I don't know...
    •  
      CommentAuthorkeky
    No, it's not that good. There are some enjoyable parts of the score but as a whole it's quite lame.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    It's pleasant. But quite forgettable, as time proves.
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    • CommentTimeDec 8th 2009 edited
    NP: Inkheart ~ Javier Navarrete

Once again in the past days. I'm attracted by its fairytale quality, the dreamy atmosphere surrounding it. I especially like Dustfingure's theme which comes and goes in most pieces. Has anybody else given it a try?
    Whatever you gaze rests on,do not use your vision, but the eyes of your soul...She knows better...
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    Nautilus wrote
    NP:frost/nixon (Zimmer)

Today I'm enjoying it.

But it is really so good ??? I don't know...

It's a movie about an interview and the research leading up to it. The music is better than that movie deserve.