• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. justin boggan wrote
    Listening to "Innerspace" again.

I caved in and went for this title, but it looks like I'll have to wait until 2010 to hear it.

Shipped from SAE on the 17th, most of my packages get delivered to work and unless it arrives later today I'm going to miss it (along with Freud) - I'm not back in work until the 4th January.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  2. Steven wrote
    DreamTheater wrote

Agreed, The Missing is the one Horner score I bought because it got good reviews, by Clemmensen in fact, I listened to it a few times, and sold it sometime later. The score was so unoriginal and ordinary I honestly didn't see why I should keep it any longer. My mind was already made up I'd never listen to it much (or at all).

Then you've missed out one fine score! I think the album suffers from being far too long since there's a lot of material there that just isn't needed. But if you edit it down to about 40-45 minutes of all the highlights, it makes for a very worthy listen.

Honestly, I've never had the feeling a Horner album could drag endlessly but this one did. At half the length, like you stated, it would've been more bearable.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
  3. NP: Daybreakers (Christopher Gordon)

I gave in and purchased the mp3 album from Silva screen. Now enjoying the excellent French horn led 'Resurrection'.
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
  4. DreamTheater wrote
    Honestly, I've never had the feeling a Horner album could drag endlessly but this one did. At half the length, like you stated, it would've been more bearable.

Honestly, you've NEVER felt a Horner album could drag endlessly? No other composer risks it so blatantly!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeDec 24th 2009
    franz_conrad wrote
    NP: Daybreakers (Christopher Gordon)

I gave in and purchased the mp3 album from Silva screen. Now enjoying the excellent French horn led 'Resurrection'.

It's available already? Aha...
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    franz_conrad wrote
    DreamTheater wrote

Honestly, you've NEVER felt a Horner album could drag endlessly? No other composer risks it so blatantly!

Well, there's Brian Tyler, if he counts.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    NP:Land of Lost (Giacchino)

A really Underated score. The end credits is terrific. Wild and original.

2009 is the year of the Banjo! wink
  5. franz_conrad wrote

Thanks for the heads-up, Michael. punk
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    NP: Wall-E - Thomas Newman

A favourite from 2008. cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeDec 24th 2009 edited
    Southall wrote
    franz_conrad wrote

It's available already? Aha...

Is that one of those stupid region-only releases? I can't find it on the iTunes store. sad

Oh wait, Silva Screen... *duh*. shame rolleyes
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Ah, never mind. I think I'll just wait for the CD. Gordon is one of the few composers who I'd buy the CD first without having listened to the music!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Moonfleet - Miklos Rozsa

December to me is Rozsa time (probably because most stations tend to show the great biblical/Christ-themed epics around this time, 90% of which used to be scored by Rozsa wink ). Moonfleet, as far as I can make out, is some pirate/smuggler related historical caper. It carries a minor effort from Rozsa for a minor film, yet he gets that very first hook in with his main titles every single time.

Grand theme and a few subthemes (as well as some period dance music) makes this one a worthwhile listen, if not on the scale of the likes of Ben Hur or King Of Kings.
    It's really very easy: if you like Rozsa, you'll definitely like this score.
    If you don't, it's not a classic (even though, as said, the main theme is lovely and very worthy of being included into any Rozsa compilation).
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Sunil wrote
    Steven wrote
    And I'm obviously a racist.

At last, you figured out the truth about yourself. I am so glad for you. You are the man. applause bhangra fireworks biggrin

Yeah, but at least I haven't been banned.

Bam.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    biggrin Now stop it you bitch. tongue kiss
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote
    Ah, never mind. I think I'll just wait for the CD. Gordon is one of the few composers who I'd buy the CD first without having listened to the music!

Gordon is one of rare composers ( outside of Barry and a few others ) where I'll take the chance on an 'unheard' buy and he hasn't disappointed me yet.

I'm waiting for the CD too.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    I ordered it from Silva Screen after all that. Seems Amazon aren't releasing it until a bit later, plus it's cheaper at Silva! dizzy

I'm looking forward to what is hopefully an unrelenting and dark Gordon score.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    NP: Suite From The Polar Express and selected tracks from A Christmas Carol - Alan Silvestri

So apt for the Christmas eve. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year, everyone!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote
    I ordered it from Silva Screen after all that. Seems Amazon aren't releasing it until a bit later, plus it's cheaper at Silva! dizzy

Silva do a good service, I've always bought anything from that label directly from them.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  6. franz_conrad wrote
    DreamTheater wrote

Well he did it a couple of times after that one (The New World, The Forgotten for instance) but up until then (2003?) it was the first ever Horner I sold because of how the score on album did nothing, nada, zip to me.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    NP : A BEAUTIFUL MIND - James Horner

Lovely.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    True Blood - Nathan Barr

Really enjoy this album. Would I like it if I didn't watch the show? No idea. But I do, so I don't really care.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Southall wrote
    True Blood - Nathan Barr

Really enjoy this album. Would I like it if I didn't watch the show? No idea. But I do, so I don't really care.

Aha! You do enjoy film and TV music as souvenirs! You are human!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Steven wrote
    Southall wrote
    True Blood - Nathan Barr

Aha! You do enjoy film and TV music as souvenirs! You are human!

I AM NOT! NO!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    I can vouch for that.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    DemonStar wrote
    NP: Suite From The Polar Express and selected tracks from A Christmas Carol - Alan Silvestri

I don't know what it is, but Christmas scores just irritate me if I try and listen to them over the holiday period. I think it's because I feel I'm "forcing" myself to listen to them because they feel (or I at least think they feel) appropriate.

So, without furthar a do...

NP : GLADIATOR - Hans Zimmer & Lisa Gerrard
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Anthony wrote
    DemonStar wrote

I don't know what it is, but Christmas scores just irritate me if I try and listen to them over the holiday period. I think it's because I feel I'm "forcing" myself to listen to them because they feel (or I at least think they feel) appropriate.

I just hate Christmas TV shows. christmas_smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeDec 24th 2009 edited
    NP Celda 211 (Cell 211) (Roque Baños)

Baños´darkest score so far. Strings, percussion (credited as Neopercussion dizzy ), piano and synth (programmed by Baños himself) for a 36 minute album, showing the composer´s more experimental side. Not memorable; still, interesting.
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
  7. Steven wrote

Oh it is.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Sweeeet.
  8. NP: 'Daybreak' ... DAYBREAKERS

One of the best end credit suites in a long time. It's not as long as it was originally - part of the suite of themes it tours through now appears as the start of the penultimate cue 'Spreading the Cure'. So it's not quite the 9 minute tour de force I heard back in 2008, but it is an exceptional piece nonetheless.