• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeDec 24th 2009
    Blizzard - Mark McKenzie

Avatar has so dominated my listening recently that I can't believe this is my first time of the year playing my favourite Christmas score!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeDec 24th 2009 edited
    I guess I should at least try and get into the Christmas spirit too (since I've been drinking it for the better part of the night):

Joyeux Noël Phillipe Rombi

I think I can officially declare I'm a fan of this man's wonderful music.
    Took me frickin' long enough. rolleyes
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Steven wrote
    I guess I should at least try and get into the Christmas spirit too (since I've been drinking it for the better part of the night):

AT
    LAST.

Better late than never my friend, the man's music is simply gorgeous. I'd advice you to find and watch the short documentary from the recording sessions of MERRY CHRISTMAS, it will make you appreciate the already gorgeous score even more.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Steven wrote

Just a few words: Un homme et son chien
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Absolutely. And Angel! (My favourite Rombi score thus far.)
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Ahhh....Angel, it was my first approach to Rombi, just before Joyeux Noël. Gorgeous.
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorMiya
    • CommentTimeDec 25th 2009 edited
    NP: Lemony Snicket's A Series Of Unfortunate Events - Thomas Newman

This album could be better if it didn't have SO MANY tracks... (29 tracks for 69 min?! dizzy )
    There are several nice moments but I can't remember which tracks they are.

But any way Drive Away is great! cool

And it's amusing to see so many weird names of instruments on the booklet, even if I have no idea what they sound like.
    Mandocello... randomized bass... American D.J.... and bhangra dhol!? bhangra
    Labels are for cans, not people. - Anthony Rapp
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeDec 25th 2009
    That is one of the most effective T.Newman scores. Loved it, loved the movie too.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMiya
    I haven't seen the movie yet, but probably I would enjoy this album more after watching it.
    Labels are for cans, not people. - Anthony Rapp
    •  
      CommentAuthorBhelPuri
    Miya wrote
    I haven't seen the movie yet, but probably I would enjoy this album more after watching it.

Do check it out! It's a lot of fun and the score is, of course, highly enjoyable! It does flow very well despite the numerous tracks. The Letter That Never Came is a beauty.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    ^

I was just listening to that yesterday. Wonderful score by T. Newman! smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    BhelPuri wrote
    Miya wrote

Do check it out! It's a lot of fun and the score is, of course, highly enjoyable! It does flow very well despite the numerous tracks. The Letter That Never Came is a beauty.

Oh the movie's a wonderful tale, a magical atmosphere. You will enjoy it!
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    WE HAVE ALL THE TIME IN THE WORLD
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Back To The Future (Intrada) Alan Silvestri

My Christmas present.

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    NP: Avatar - James Horner

My Christmas present.

cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Mine too. christmas_smile <-except I am smiling
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Steven wrote

My Christmas present.

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

It's like being a kid again. cheesy (Even more than I usually am.)
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote
    Steven wrote

My Christmas present.

Oh grow up! rolleyes

actually, don't, ever ever ever and more ever than ever
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Bregt wrote
    WE HAVE ALL THE TIME IN THE WORLD

We do? shocked cool

Errr, Is this you being lateral Bregt or are you playing the song from On Her Majesty's Secret Service?
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Timmer wrote
    Steven wrote
    Steven wrote

My Christmas present.

Oh grow up! rolleyes

actually, don't, ever ever ever and more ever than ever

biggrin

I don't plan to. Now if you'll excuse me, I've got some snowballs to throw (well, slush balls..)
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    This morning I played John Barry's THE LION IN WINTER as I have done every Christmas day for the last 33 years ( except the few occasions where I spent Christmas abroad ), what can I say, a true genius of a score, brilliant!

NP : AMERICANS - John Barry

love WOW! It's been so long since I've heard this, and this new CD from Universal France brings out little details I barely noticed before, this work is going to get a lot more plays from me, it's truly brilliant and a great 'feel good' listen.

p.s. it's a jazz album Barry did in 1976, nothing to do with film scores.
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    WANT.
  1. Eragon (Patrick Doyle)

christmas_biggrinchristmas_biggrinchristmas_biggrinMERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE !!christmas_biggrinchristmas_biggrinchristmas_biggrin

This is a very good one. Fully of structurally sound themes and memorable fanfares. Actually this is my first Doyle purchase since some of his best '90s output. I know, I left Doyle lying on the sidelines for a long time (don't know why actually) but with this one and 'The Last Legion', my interest has re-ignited somewhat. It's after seeing the admittedly enjoyable film I've been noticing the score of Eragon. And I'm happy to have bought it.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    LSH wrote
    WANT.

You must! It'll blow you away, totally brilliant and not a duff track to be heard anywhere.
  2. Timmer wrote
    This morning I played John Barry's THE LION IN WINTER as I have done every Christmas day for the last 33 years ( except the few occasions where I spent Christmas abroad ), what can I say, a true genius of a score, brilliant!

Great idea, Timmer!

John Barry - The Lion in Winter

Great score, thanks for reminding me of it Tim beer beer

Had Ridley Scott done Kingdom of Heaven in the 60s/70s, he'd hire Barry, his very good friend. Wasn't The Boy in a Bicycle scored as a favour to Ridley?
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    PawelStroinski wrote
    Timmer wrote

Great idea, Timmer!

John Barry - The Lion in Winter

Great score, thanks for reminding me of it Tim beer beer

Had Ridley Scott done Kingdom of Heaven in the 60s/70s, he'd hire Barry, his very good friend. Wasn't The Boy in a Bicycle scored as a favour to Ridley?

Yes it was. Barry was originally attached to 1492 too, but to be honest, what with Scott's messing around with music I doubt they'd have remained friends after. Barry's last work for Scott was music to a Kodak commercial during the 1994 Olympic games, a fantastic piece of music it is too but undfortunately not available at youtube.
  3. Zimmer was attached to do that one too!
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    LOTR - The Two Towers & Return Of The King

The perfect accompaniment to waiting for Christmas dinner to cook.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Anthony wrote
    LOTR - The Two Towers & Return Of The King

The perfect accompaniment to waiting for Christmas dinner to cook.

Why? Are you eating at midnight? wink
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    PawelStroinski wrote
    Zimmer was attached to do that one too!

Hmmmm? I would guess he had other commitments?