• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJan 8th 2010
    Nautilus wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    Nautilus wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    Yeah, let's throw in some Sherlock Holmes crap instead, it beats Yared and Desplat to hell!

you are trying hard, D....

Do you want make me angry?

It's a bit ironic when you call Yared's and Desplat's music boring whilst spending countless posts elevating Sherlock Holmes to the best thing ever levels my friend wink Just let people enjoy what they like and if you object, have VALID arguments instead of offending, ungrounded single-word adjectives.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaah. I was just kidding man!

I even heard Amelia.

When I dislike some score or some composer I say my arguments. How I did with Avatar.

About the score you mention about a british detective, I never said it's the greatest score ever. In fact, it's one of my less played scores of this year. But it's not bad, it's just not easy to listen.

I have to say the way you keep your Zimmer bet amuses and excites me! biggrin
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Keep it up he must or suffer the entire weight of MT crushing down on him wink

Jordi's doing good so far...

ONLY 23 DAYS TO GO JORDI devil dizzy spin biggrin
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    I'm still not entirely clear on that.
    Can't he listen to Sherlock Holmes, or can't he mention it? confused
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    Timmer wrote
    Keep it up he must or suffer the entire weight of MT crushing down on him wink

Jordi's doing good so far...

ONLY 23 DAYS TO GO JORDI devil dizzy spin biggrin

I have to say it's worst than i thought. More with all this discussion comming around.

I'm strong....Luckly I have Goldsmith, powell, Debney....
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeJan 8th 2010 edited
    9.99 | Christopher Bowen

There's a really cool theme in here, heard in the first and last track (which is quite different from the others actually). The other tracks center around playful pianomelodies, along with driving strings and (nervous) percussion Odd score. Has anyone else heard this?
    Kazoo
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Martijn wrote
    I'm still not entirely clear on that.
    Can't he listen to Sherlock Holmes, or can't he mention it? confused

He can't listen to it. Or any Zimmer whatsoever.

As for talk about Zimmer, he banned himself, that was never part of the bet dizzy uhm
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorFalkirkBairn
    Bregt wrote
    9.99 | Christopher Bowen

There's a really cool theme in here, heard in the first and last track (which is quite different from the others actually). The other tracks center around playful pianomelodies, with driving strings as a support. Odd score. Has anyone else heard this?

Yes, I've had it for some time - and I really like it's quirkiness. A breath of fresh air against the usual scoring of today.

A track with the title, "A Girl Only Prettier" certainly gets my interest in the film!! And it's a lovely track also.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Timmer wrote

He can't listen to any Zimmer? shocked

Jesus....
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Martijn wrote
    Timmer wrote

Jesus....

I think Jordi is strong enough!

Next is Anthony not listening to MG and myself not listening to ... euhm ...
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Desplat?
  1. NP: 31 North 62 East - Moritz Schmittat

Made up name?

Moved to the complete opposite end of the spectrum to Copland with this score from a 2009 movie that I have never heard of (called Too Close To The Truth in the UK).
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Bregt wrote
    Martijn wrote
    Timmer wrote

Jesus....

I think Jordi is strong enough!

Next is Anthony not listening to MG and myself not listening to ... euhm ...

...reason? Sense? The vagina monologues?
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    ...the sound of one hand clapping?
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Martijn wrote
    Desplat?

Hmmm.

Perhaps I'll just sing.
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    A capella?
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    OK, I'll do it. I won't listen to any Zimmer for seven days.
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    Nautilus wrote
    Timmer wrote
    That's what I would have thought, Flying + Yared = beauty.

x + Yared = Z
    z + desplat = x

Z= sleep.

Jordi,

Mais non, if X = TROY, and TROY + Yared = Amazing, then Amazing != Z (where Z= Sleep)

Yet (anyone noticed how the French language doesn't have an equivalent for the word "yet"?), but I digress, consider the following.

TROY + Yared = Amazing = Fired = Angry = Pain = Tired == Sleep = Z

So yes, X + Yared = Z = Sleep.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    lp wrote
    Yet (anyone noticed how the French language doesn't have an equivalent for the word "yet"?),

Quand même or néanmoins will do the trick. smile

I was pretty sure initially that the end of that equation would be The Dark Side...
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Southall wrote

How will you cope?
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    Martijn wrote
    lp wrote
    Yet (anyone noticed how the French language doesn't have an equivalent for the word "yet"?),

Quand même or néanmoins will do the trick. smile

I was pretty sure initially that the end of that equation would be The Dark Side...

quand même, orly!!!!! It's not literal enough, I feel. But having only 3 year of high school french language education, such nuances is lost on me.

Now, The Dark Side, however..... shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    lp wrote

quand même, orly!!!!! It's not literal enough, I feel.

Ah, but it is!
    It quite literally has the same meaning (in this context: you couldn't use it for other uses of 'yet').
    But here it works like a charm. It's even better than the (rather classic) neanmoins, as quand même is very slangy: it's part of proper daily speech.

Check out any french film (especially more urban ones, especially in Paris): you'll find it used in abundance in exactly that meaning.

Damn, we should have more French mem...koko... OK. Never mind.
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    Martijn wrote
    lp wrote

quand même, orly!!!!! It's not literal enough, I feel.

Ah, but it is!
    It quite literally has the same meaning (in this context: you couldn't use it for other uses of 'yet').
    But here it works like a charm. It's even better than the (rather classic) neanmoins, as quand même is very slangy: it's part of proper daily speech.

Check out any french film (especially more urban ones, especially in Paris): you'll find it used in abundance in exactly that meaning.

Damn, we should have more French mem...koko... OK. Never mind.

very slangy.... no wonder I didn't get it.

Speaking of French, coincidentally, I just listened to a cue from Sahara (Clint Mansell, not Ennio Morricone) and it was for the sequence involving the death of that Lambert Wilson character.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    NP : ANGELS IN AMERICA - Thomas Newman

A fantastic score, one of Newman's best.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Timmer wrote
    Southall wrote

How will you cope?

I'm 32 minutes in and this is already better (and longer) than sex.
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    NP: Read or Die OST 1 & 2 - Tatu Iwasaki

Kinda Zimmerific in places, but not quite. Lovely orchestral cues here, built about around a couple of lovely and very melodic themes. The anime series and OVA are quite fun as well. Recommended.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    A Whale for the Killing Basil Poledouris

Simple and performed by a seemingly small orchestra... but very charming and addictive! I instantly went back for another listen after my first. Has a lovely folksy 'piratey' charm about it. (That's my official description.)
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Timmer wrote
    Timmer wrote
    NP : A WHALE FOR THE KILLING - Basil Poledouris

Very jaunty score with a lovely tinge of celtic flavour, even a touch of the magical moments of Conan The Destroyer, very enjoyable cool

At around 25 minutes it's just too short! slant

It was my first listen and I was instantly captivated, a very simple score and beautifully lyrical and melodic ( well, duhhh...it's Basil Poledouris ), in fact it was so enjoyable I'm playing it again right now.

NP : A WHALE FOR THE KILLING - Basil Poledouris

cool

p.s. not too bothered about playing Wind as I've already owned that score for many years.

SNAP!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Spooky. shocked
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Southall wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Southall wrote

How will you cope?

53 minutes gone now... this is incredible. You should try it!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Southall wrote
    Southall wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Southall wrote

How will you cope?

53 minutes gone now... this is incredible. You should try it!

A few days for me already, I want this feeling to last forever.