• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJan 6th 2010
    Erik Woods wrote
    Timmer wrote
    NP : FEMME FATALE - Ryuichi Sakamoto

The opening track, Bolerish is a 14 minute mind blower!!! cool

And it's use in the movie was marvelous!

-Erik-

The whole score was marvellous!
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJan 6th 2010
    IS marvellous D IS! cool

NP : FOR LOVE OF THE GAME - Basil Poledouris

Wonderful struff! cool
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeJan 7th 2010
    Innerspace - Jerry Goldsmith

Well, this is long.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Southall wrote

Well, this is long.

Your words make it sound like it's a chore?

NP : TESS - Philippe Sarde

Fabulous darkly romantic score with not a single moment of saccharine though I could do without the three times the morris dancing tune pipes up throughout the score.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Timmer wrote
    Southall wrote

Well, this is long.

It's not a great joy. I'll have to make myself a shorter playlist. (The track titles seem to have changed, else I'd just reproduce the original album - which I never owned, but I assume makes a much better listening experience.)
  1. Southall wrote

Well, this is long.

crazy crazy AAARRGHHHHHHH !!!!!!! crazy crazy

My order has apparently been sent to my address on Alpha Centauri. I can expect it to arrive there when Mankind invents Faster than Light travel.

I'm so envious you are listening to it.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    You could travel to Alpha Centauri and back in the time it takes the album to play.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    (there's some very good music on it, though - just need to work out how to filter down to it)
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    I'm pretty sure the small furry creatures there will be kind enough to send it on to sector ZZ Plural Alpha for it to be sent back, queried, lost, found, subjected to public inquiry, lost again, and finally buried in soft peat for three months and recycled as firelighters
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
  2. Martijn wrote
    I'm pretty sure the small furry creatures there will be kind enough to send it on to sector ZZ Plural Alpha for it to be sent back, queried, lost, found, subjected to public inquiry, lost again, and finally buried in soft peat for three months and recycled as firelighters

Oh it's another one of those Martijnesque cross-eye inflicting posts. dizzy

I have now lost the will to reply appropriately.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJan 7th 2010 edited
    Southall wrote
    You could travel to Alpha Centauri and back in the time it takes the album to play.

lol

In quantumreality by the time he arrives back he will only have aged a bit while all those he loved and knew ( except, my eternal self, of course ) will be long dead, on the plus side Disney might have released John Barry's The Black Hole ( how apt ) by then though Ravi will be unlucky because The Lion King was recently released in C&C but you'd have to carbon date Ravi's bones just to find out how many centuries ago he'd been murdered by Sunil in his eternal quest for the subtle nuance of humour.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Blame Douglas. He was first.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
  3. Southall wrote

How long is it again in lightyears? And does that include the bonus cues? cheesy
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Less than twelve parsecs.
  4. Timmer wrote
    Southall wrote

lol

In quantumreality by the time he arrives back he will only have aged a bit while all those he loved and knew ( except, my eternal self, of course ) will be long dead, on the plus side Disney might have released John Barry's The Black Hole ( how apt ) by then though Ravi will be unlucky because The Lion King was recently released in C&C but you'd have to carbon date Ravi's bones just to find out how many centuries ago he'd been murdered by Sunil in his eternal quest for the subtle nuance of humour.

Hotdamnselindistress !!!!!

POST OF THE DAY
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Only if folded twice.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Southall wrote

As I'm sure you'll know from relativistic physics, depending on what speed you're traveling, that has the potential of being a very long album.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    HERCULES - ALAN MENKEN

I deeply admire this score by Alan Menken. I personally think this is one of best releases by Disney. It contains good songs and incredible score. Go the Distance is really wonderful song. And well composed by Alan Menken.

punk
    Racism, Prejudices and discrimination exists everywhere.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAtham
    Southall wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Southall wrote

Well, this is long.

It's not a great joy. I'll have to make myself a shorter playlist. (The track titles seem to have changed, else I'd just reproduce the original album - which I never owned, but I assume makes a much better listening experience.)

The original album version was way too short! OK true, this complete release is too long but at least there are some genuinely great tracks finally released! I'm so glad I got it! It's Goldsmith having fun.
    Now, someone release Explorers (complete).
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Wow, goodmorning everyone. Suddenly maintitles feels like a new episode of Big Bang theory.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
  5. Martijn wrote
    Less than twelve parsecs.

I think that you'll find that that's the Kessel run you're thinking of. wink

Alpha centauri is only 1.34 parsecs distance (which is, I suppose, less than 12 parsecs.)

Southall wrote
    Innerspace

I see that this finally arrived? It must have come across on the same boat as my Freud/Innerspace package as this arrived for me this morning.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  6. Gradius in Classic (not really sure who composed this)

More info here.

Ancient videogame MIDI melodies converted for the grand orchestra? Yes please. Fans of epic and sweeping orchestral music will eat this up for freakfast, lunch and dinner. Performed by the London Philharmonic this has musical greatness written all over it. The album is not very long but it's sweet and rousing at the same time. I cannot recommend this more. punk
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    NP: My Bloody Valentine: 3D - Michael Wandmacher

Standard horror scoring. Quite noisy and not all that interesting. I made it to track 4 and that's all I want to hear. Maybe I'm not in the right mood for this today... Ummm, what to play next?

slant

Ah... there we go. Pavilion of Women by Conrad Pope. One of the top three scores written in the past ten years! Sublime!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    I've not heard it. But if it's one of three of the best scores written last decade, I suppose I should.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Steven wrote
    I've not heard it. But if it's one of three of the best scores written last decade, I suppose I should.

The Ultimate-Williams-Fan in you will love it!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    NP: Forever Young - Jerry Goldsmith

Love the love theme. The whole album is nice, though I'm a fan of Jerry's 90s output.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Erik Woods wrote
    Steven wrote

-Erik-

Ah yes, that old chestnut. I was young, okay!? (But I still love Williams.)
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote
    Erik Woods wrote
    Steven wrote

-Erik-

Ah yes, that old chestnut. I was young, okay!? (But I still love Williams.)

No need to be embarrased, it was a cute moniker cheesy ( I remember you asking me once what it would take for me to give Williams 5 stars - remember when NP's were regularly ended with a star rating? - I think it was because I'd been playing a lot of his 'lesser' scores at the time, Far and Away and the like, so I wrote out a list of what I considered his 5 star scores and you forgave me...which was big of you biggrin )

And yeah, I'd like to hear more about the Pope album, I've not heard it either?
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Curse you and your good memory.