• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    • CommentTimeJan 6th 2010
    Martijn wrote
    Nautilus wrote
    -Jordi-

Ah. As opposed to the OTHER Nautilus.

Nope. It's because it's cool (Erik does it) tongue
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Nautilus wrote
    Southall wrote
    Steven wrote
    Naming my favourite things is one of my favourite things. So I'd say Little Women is my favourite Newman album, whereas Shawshank is my favourite Newman score!

Who's your all-time third favourite Belgian?

Do you like Belgians?

-Jordi-

I LOVE Belgians!

-Jordi-
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Martijn wrote
    lp wrote
    Racist.

Spaniards are a race now?

Tread VERY lightly, lp. I have said this before: this shit won't fly. angry

I'm glad you brought that up Martijn because I thought it was nasty and offensive. We had enough of this kind of crap in recent months and don't need it again.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeJan 6th 2010 edited
    Nautilus wrote
    Martijn wrote
    Nautilus wrote
    -Jordi-

Ah. As opposed to the OTHER Nautilus.

Nope. It's because it's cool (Erik does it) tongue

applause
    You go, mano!
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    keky wrote
    I am one who disagrees. I much prefer Meet Joe Black. (OK, Newman and his tiny, short tracks have never been my favourites in film music...)

I know what you mean, but such a score would be Finding Nemo for instance...i find that MEET JOE BLACK, ROAD TO PERDITION, THE SHAWSHANK REDEMPTION, CINDERELLA MAN, ANGELS IN AMERICA, all are within the same Newman style of his big grand hollywood side of things, with the emotional and sweeping themes, all excellent works. I don't think Angels and Demons is so different than Meet Joe Black in core...
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
  1. Angels and Demons? dizzy
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Timmer wrote
    Martijn wrote
    lp wrote
    Racist.

I'm glad you brought that up Martijn because I thought it was nasty and offensive. We had enough of this kind of crap in recent months and don't need it again.

I bought that up too, secretly and silently, in an other evil wicked place where we discuss who to fry next in the ban pan, rubbing our hands together evil-plan-thinking style and yelling sinister "mouahahah-ha-ha-haaa"'s
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    PawelStroinski wrote
    Angels and Demons? dizzy

Fuck. Jordi get out of my head Goddamned it!

(of course i meant angels in america shame )

And i'd also add Martijn's favorite, THE GREEN MILE to the pile. Excellent score, very heartfelt movie.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Christodoulides wrote
    PawelStroinski wrote
    Angels and Demons? dizzy

Fuck. Jordi get out of my head Goddamned it!

(of course i meant angels in america shame )

And i'd also add Martijn's favorite, THE GREEN MILE to the pile. Excellent score, very heartfelt movie.

They're all exceptional scores in my book but I still go for Shawshank, both in film and on CD.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorFalkirkBairn
    Nautilus wrote
    Remembering my travel to Scotland. One of the best experiences of my life, specially the road to a lighthouse in Skye Island.

Jordi, was it the lighthouse at Neist Point?

If it was, then that's a great road to get to it - though it can be a bit heart-in-the-mouth stuff. There are a couple of points on this single-track road where you can't see what's coming in the other direction and you just have to "go for it" to get to the next passing place. And if you come across any traffic coming the other way then it's a looong way to reverse back.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    heheh it links to a hotfiling advertisement... smile But what i read from your description made me freezing
  2. Christodoulides wrote
    heheh it links to a hotfiling advertisement... smile But what i read from your description made me freezing

I'll substitute it for some other example...
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  3. FalkirkBairn wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

I'll substitute it for some other example...

Fixed!!

BTW, on the photograph, the path on the left is a footpath and not the road!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Christodoulides wrote

From what I hear there are some pretty hazardous roads in your country.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Timmer wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

From what I hear there are some pretty hazardous roads in your country.

Oh my friend, believe me. The non-hazardous roads are the very-hard-to-find exceptions.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Yeah, I've heard that too. I was thinking more about the more hazardous mountain roads.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Hm...we have those too.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Talk about going off topic. We should be talking bad roads on the travel thread biggrin or we could play Road To Perdition. wink

I've taken the 'road' thing over to the travellers thread.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    NP : A WHALE FOR THE KILLING - Basil Poledouris

Very jaunty score with a lovely tinge of celtic flavour, even a touch of the magical moments of Conan The Destroyer, very enjoyable cool
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Timmer wrote

Very jaunty score with a lovely tinge of celtic flavour, even a touch of the magical moments of Conan The Destroyer, very enjoyable cool

At around 25 minutes it's just too short! slant

It was my first listen and I was instantly captivated, a very simple score and beautifully lyrical and melodic ( well, duhhh...it's Basil Poledouris ), in fact it was so enjoyable I'm playing it again right now.

cool

p.s. not too bothered about playing Wind as I've already owned that score for many years.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    A total change of style...

NP : SIDEWAYS - Rolfe Kent

Great jazzy scoring cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Today, I'm relistening to Un Homme et Son Chien... I never tire of this beauty!

Up next is Christopher Gordon's Daybreakers. I heard the end credit cue and it blew me away. If the rest of the score holds up then I think I've found the years first GREAT score! I will also be spinning selections from Edmund Butt's score to the BBC documentary Yellowstone. I've heard really good things about that score.

-Erik The Racist-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Judge Dredd Alan Silvestri

Silvestri sure knows how to write war music.
    cool
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Erik Woods wrote
    Today, I'm relistening to Un Homme et Son Chien... I never tire of this beauty!

Up next is Christopher Gordon's Daybreakers. I heard the end credit cue and it blew me away. If the rest of the score holds up then I think I've found the years first GREAT score! I will also be spinning selections from Edmund Butt's score to the BBC documentary Yellowstone. I've heard really good things about that score.

-Erik The Racist-

^
    biggrin applause

Erik, is Butt's score available on CD?
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Timmer wrote
    Erik, is Butt's score available on CD?

Not as far as I know, unfortunately. sad What I have is a sampler!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Damn! slant
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Have you done a documentary scores radio show Erik?

If not I think it's a great idea.
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    Martijn wrote
    lp wrote
    Racist.

I agree. Racism shouldn't fly.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Timmer wrote
    Have you done a documentary scores radio show Erik?

If not I think it's a great idea.

I haven't done a radio show since April '09. tongue But I do have some time off and I'm going to make one last attempt to get the show up and running again. I've just lost the passion. But if things go well and if I can get the time to write and record I do have lots of great programming coming...

- Star Trek
    - Batman
    - More Re-recordings
    - New Releases
    - A new one hour film music mix program which will feature themes like End Credits, Action track, What Erik has played in the past 7 days, etc.
    - There will be a blog called "Erik's Thoughts and Poorly Written Film Music Reviews"

So, that's what I have in mind... let's see if I have the time to do it all. BTW, a documentary themed show is a great idea!

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    lp wrote
    Martijn wrote
    lp wrote
    Racist.

I agree. Racism shouldn't fly.

And neither should false accusations!

-Erik-