• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJan 7th 2010
    Bless your fluffy self.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Timmer wrote
    And yeah, I'd like to hear more about the Pope album, I've not heard it either?

Traditional Chinese instrumentation, melodramatic western symphonic writing, epic choral cues, gorgeous lyrical themes, stunning string writing... it's one AWESOME score! If I can get my radio show up and running again it will most definitely be featured on my Best of the 2000's show!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
  1. Erik Woods wrote
    Timmer wrote
    And yeah, I'd like to hear more about the Pope album, I've not heard it either?

Traditional Chinese instrumentation, melodramatic western symphonic writing, epic choral cues, gorgeous lyrical themes, stunning string writing... it's one AWESOME score! If I can get my radio show up and running again it will most definitely be featured on my Best of the 2000's show!

-Erik-

Okay I have heard this only once I think (Thomas made me listen to it many years ago) but I can't honestly say wether I liked it or not. Dude if you're reading this, bring your copy along so I can listen okay?
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJan 7th 2010 edited
    That sounds right up my proverbial street Erik.

I'm going to put it at the TOP of my growing list of scores I have yet to get.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    NP : PLATOON - Georges Delerue

Gorgeous score. In the film there was no need for Barber's Adagio, a piece that has been irrepairably damaged for me now by it's terminal overuse in the likes of war documentaries and even mocking spoofs, Stone should have stuck with Delerue's score which is obviously influenced by the temp track ( Barber's piece ), at least as far as I'm concerned anyway.

I far preferred the use of Barber's Adagio in David Lynch's The Elephant Man.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    franz_conrad wrote
    NP: Le Voyage et Ballon

This is fantastic. For me, probably the best release of old score last year, as it brought my attention to music from a film I'd never heard of before. The various expanded releases never get me so excited as something like this does, partly because a lot of the best bits existed on previous releases. This is like Journey of Natty Gann and Something Wicked this way comes - great to have at all.

YES INDEED. THIS IS MY FAVOURITE RELEASE OF THE 2009.
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    MINE IS STAR TREK II: THE WRATH OF KAHN.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    OH RIGHT. THAT ONE WAS AWESOME INDEED.

Had I ever mentioned that I liked it, on this topic?
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    MINE IS BACK TO THE FUTURE!
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Southall wrote
    Mine is Avatar.

Boooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! You wrote using the regular boring font!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote
    MINE IS STAR TREK II: THE WRATH OF KAHN.

MINE TOO!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    AND JOHN BARRY - AMERICANS

I count this because it's by a film composer
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    lp wrote
    NP: Forever Young - Jerry Goldsmith

Love the love theme. The whole album is nice, though I'm a fan of Jerry's 90s output.

Yeap.

this score is special for personal reasons for me.

Leaving the gorgeous love theme aside, the first track is fantastic! this heroic fanfarre with the Total Recall-percusion.

NP:Deep Rising

"Let's make a deal" reminds me to my ex-girldfriend. Don't ask me why....
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    WHY ARE WE SHOUTING???!!!

By the way mine was NEW MOON!
    Whatever you gaze rests on,do not use your vision, but the eyes of your soul...She knows better...
    •  
      CommentAuthorAtham
    Timmer wrote

I far preferred the use of Barber's Adagio in David Lynch's The Elephant Man.

It was beautifully sad in that final scene. I was so moved by that film and its music.
  2. MINE WAS SPARTACUS!!!!!!
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    Timmer wrote
    AND JOHN BARRY - AMERICANS

I count this because it's by a film composer

Still waiting for this.... dizzy
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Bad time to be expecting post.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    franz_conrad wrote
    MINE WAS SPARTACUS!!!!!!

YOU'RE SPARTACUS
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    Timmer wrote

True. slant
  3. Timmer wrote
    franz_conrad wrote
    MINE WAS SPARTACUS!!!!!!

YOU'RE SPARTACUS

And lest we forget the big lost opportunity in comedic period filmmaking...

PHIL SILVERS IS... SPARTACUS
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    NP : Full Metal Panic OST 1 & 2 - Toshihiko Sahashi

Typical orchestral work from this composer, very early to mid 90s styling, digestible and well cooked. Synth parts, drum machines, sure, but it's all well-integrated. It's very well balanced, with emphasis on orchestral material, especially for an anime score. It also has one of the most obvious rip of the A-Team theme, updated but done without any kitsch, which gives me hope that Alan Silvestri might be able to do just the same with the actual theme for the new adaptation.
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    Nautilus wrote
    lp wrote
    NP: Forever Young - Jerry Goldsmith

Love the love theme. The whole album is nice, though I'm a fan of Jerry's 90s output.

Yeap.

this score is special for personal reasons for me.

Leaving the gorgeous love theme aside, the first track is fantastic! this heroic fanfarre with the Total Recall-percusion.

NP:Deep Rising

"Let's make a deal" reminds me to my ex-girldfriend. Don't ask me why....

Would "Deep Impact" remind you of any girls as well?

I had to go there.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    LOUD NOISES!

Gotta love Brick.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    NP : ROAD TO PERDITION - Thomas Newman

Just brilliant!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Timmer wrote

...or to give up sniffing glue.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan - James Horner

Christ almighty, this is incredible.
    •