• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJan 7th 2010
    Anthony wrote
    I'm riding a big furry tractor.

I told you not to pick the red mushrooms with white specks. rolleyes
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Where'd you get your mushrooms... from the... toilet store?
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    The Rocketeer - James Horner

Yes please!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Nautilus wrote
    NP:Deep Rising

"Let's make a deal" reminds me to my ex-girldfriend. Don't ask me why....

Why?
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
  1. NP: Les Regrets (Philip Glass)

This effectively isn't a new work. As most of the tracks indicate, the score is mostly shorter arrangements of previous Glass pieces - 'Facades', 'In the Upper Room', 'Closing' and 'Floe' among them. The differences in the recordings are interesting, and for those who don't know this music, it will be a fresh and melodic score from Glass, drawing on his most accessible sounds.

What I do like though is a piece that isn't by Glass at all... 'Sinnerman' (Nina Simone). Great song!
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
  2. NP: Sherlock Holmes (Enni--- oops... seriously actually did typing that as i heard the opening bars of the song! Hans Zimmer)

First listen.

Edit - Clearly not in the right mood for this. Whenever the main theme isn't going, I'm bloody bored, and you can't just keep listening to the main theme. Off it goes. There'll be another time.
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJan 8th 2010
    franz_conrad wrote
    NP: Sherlock Holmes (Enni--- oops... seriously actually did typing that as i heard the opening bars of the song! Hans Zimmer)

First listen.

Edit - Clearly not in the right mood for this. Whenever the main theme isn't going, I'm bloody bored, and you can't just keep listening to the main theme. Off it goes. There'll be another time.

I highly doubt there will be another time wink
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    Erik Woods wrote
    Timmer wrote
    And yeah, I'd like to hear more about the Pope album, I've not heard it either?

Traditional Chinese instrumentation, melodramatic western symphonic writing, epic choral cues, gorgeous lyrical themes, stunning string writing... it's one AWESOME score! If I can get my radio show up and running again it will most definitely be featured on my Best of the 2000's show!

-Erik-

This score was completely underwhelming in the movie. I remember either Broxton or Southall (whatever British/UK reviewer at the time) was recommending this score greatly and I decided to catch it on cable. Glad I saw the movie before deciding to get it, cause I was bored. Oh well.
  3. Starship Troopers expanded (Basil Poledouris)

Bombast Basil in a kickass score that deserves a genuine expanded treatment, because the various bootlegs suffer quite a bit in the sound quality / mixing department, even though they're far from being a terrible listen. With music this good the experience of hearing the unreleased cues is already top notch. Lovin' every minute of it. I rate this as high as Conan and Robocop for being quintessential action music. punk
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    Timmer wrote
    NP : ROAD TO PERDITION - Thomas Newman

Just brilliant!

Indeed. My favorite, too. beer kiss
    Racism, Prejudices and discrimination exists everywhere.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Hostage Alexandre Desplat

Give him more action films and less boring, stuffy, and austere "artsy fartsy" films I say. This is fantastic.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    DreamTheater wrote
    Starship Troopers expanded (Basil Poledouris)

Bombast Basil in a kickass score that deserves a genuine expanded treatment, because the various bootlegs suffer quite a bit in the sound quality / mixing department, even though they're far from being a terrible listen. With music this good the experience of hearing the unreleased cues is already top notch. Lovin' every minute of it. I rate this as high as Conan and Robocop for being quintessential action music. punk

One of the 90's top 10 scores easily! A legit expanded score would be extremely welcomed by me cool
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Yep, this is one score where the bootleg is an absolutely essential purpose in light of the disgraceful presentation this score originally received.
    I too would buy a legitimate version in a heartbeat.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Steven wrote
    Hostage Alexandre Desplat

Give him more action films and less boring, stuffy, and austere "artsy fartsy" films I say. This is fantastic.

YES!!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Martijn wrote
    Yep, this is one score where the bootleg is an absolutely essential purpose in light of the disgraceful presentation this score originally received.

"Disgraceful" depends on your point of view. The score was recorded with two different orchestras so they had to pay two lots of reuse fees (which were ridiculously high at the time) and could therefore only afford to release what they did. Someone told me it was the most expensive album ever released by Varese Sarabande and also their biggest money-loser, because it sold barely a thousand copies. (Whether this is accurate or not, I have no idea.)
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Really!? I wonder about that too.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Why did they use two different orchestras?
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    So good they had to play it twice? wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Steven wrote
    Why did they use two different orchestras?

I think he had to rescore a lot of it after it was recut.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    • CommentTimeJan 8th 2010 edited
    Marselus wrote
    Nautilus wrote
    NP:Deep Rising

"Let's make a deal" reminds me to my ex-girldfriend. Don't ask me why....

Why?

because she touched me so much, that she seems to have tentacles.

And because the first night I meet her, I came back to my car listening this track. tongue

(but the tentacles thing is true)

NP:Cleopatra (Alex North)

Gorgeous!

I never have been a big fan of North's rythms, but this score is so colorful, so rich in orchestrations.... I love it!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Firewall Alexandre Desplat

A frickin' awesome score let down by poor presentation. Anyone have a better track listing? (Anthony?)
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    Anthony wrote
    I say three days. Otherwise I won't listen to Zimmer for a month. wink

Zzzzzzzzzzziiiiiiiiiiiii..... Oops! 2 days!
  4. Timmer wrote
    One of the 90's top 10 scores easily! A legit expanded score would be extremely welcomed by me cool

Seconded!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Nautilus wrote
    Anthony wrote

Keep it up Jordi, this is a good opportunity to listen to lots of scores you may have neglected beer
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Steven wrote

A frickin' awesome score let down by poor presentation. Anyone have a better track listing? (Anthony?)

I'll have a listen to this again later tonight, but from what I remember there's not nearly enough action/loud music to keep the pace going.

In the mean time check out a significantly improved Largo Winch playlist and my one for Hostage below.

Child's Spirit
    Hostage
    Tommy's Theme
    The Secret Place
    The House
    Talley's Theme
    The Waterfall
    Crawl Space
    FBI
    Screens And Shades
    Captain Wooba
    Drive
    The Choice
    Talley's Plan
    The Killer
    Canyon Inn
    The Watchman
    The Negotiation
    House On Fire
    Mars' Theme
    The Trade
    Talley's Family
    Child's Spirit (Extended)
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    John Chambers wrote
    Timmer wrote

Seconded!

Love your profile pic John , that is you, right? cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Anthony wrote
    Steven wrote

I'll have a listen to this again later tonight, but from what I remember there's not nearly enough action/loud music to keep the pace going.

In the mean time check out a significantly improved Largo Winch playlist and my one for Hostage below.

Thanks. I've had your "version" of Largo Winch for some time now, and it is indeed an improvement on the original track order.
  5. Timmer wrote
    Love your profile pic John , that is you, right? cool

It is indeed!
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    Timmer wrote
    Nautilus wrote
    Anthony wrote

Keep it up Jordi, this is a good opportunity to listen to lots of scores you may have neglected beer

ahahahaha....

I already have heard all these scores. but I prefer post about....Oops! I almost did it!!!! this time seriously!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    ^
    The force is weak in this one.