• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeNov 27th 2009
    Sunil wrote
    I don't have six favourite types of fruit, but I do know how to defend myself against someone attacking me with a piece of fruit.

I beg your pardon, Gilles. Who is attacking you here by the way?

I must... resist... temptation... too much...
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Steven wrote
    Sunil wrote
    I don't have six favourite types of fruit, but I do know how to defend myself against someone attacking me with a piece of fruit.

I beg your pardon, Gilles. Who is attacking you here by the way?

I must... resist... temptation... too much...

You're not the only one...
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    I think we might be racist? We need to take a racism test to find out.
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    Steven wrote

So who would you rather see with the shirt off, Brad Pitt or Sir Trevor McDonald?

Peter wink
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote

Excellent stuff biggrin
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    • CommentTimeNov 30th 2009
    I saw the complete Avatar trailer, i was just totally confused about the concept of Avatar. As per the script, protagonist transforms into alien species and travel to their world and fight along with them. Is this what all Avatar about? please correct me if i am wrong. I am very curious to know about it.
    Racism, Prejudices and discrimination exists everywhere.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Sunil wrote
    I saw the complete Avatar trailer, i was just totally confused about the concept of Avatar. As per the script, protagonist transforms into alien species and travel to their world and fight along with them. Is this what all Avatar about? please correct me if i am wrong. I am very curious to know about it.

Why don't you wait until you see the FINAL FILM before you start passing judgment on the story.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    You are most probably right. DONE! smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    Sunil wrote

That's pretty much it from the looks of it. Kinda like "Dances with wolves" with blue elves instead of indians.

Peter smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    lol
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    plindboe wrote
    Sunil wrote

That's pretty much it from the looks of it. Kinda like "Dances with wolves" with blue elves instead of indians.

Peter smile

He gets into an alien body - his avatar, to go infiltrate them but instead falls in love with an alien chick and changes sides eventually, fighting against americans and getting aliens aroused to fight in Braveheart-like speeches ("this..... this is our land!")
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    • CommentTimeNov 30th 2009 edited
    Erik Woods wrote
    Why don't you wait until you see the FINAL FILM before you start passing judgment on the story.

Nothing wrong with asking for clarification of the storyline. It's hardly "passing judgement" to be curious what the movie is about.

Peter smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    I have a prediction. In a month's time there will be tons of comments about how much this movie sucks. It doesn't matter how good it actually is, the expectations are too high already. Basically, this movie is Obama.

Peter smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    Christodoulides wrote
    plindboe wrote
    Sunil wrote

Peter smile

He gets into an alien body - his avatar, to go infiltrate them but instead falls in love with an alien chick and changes sides eventually, fighting against americans and getting aliens aroused to fight in Braveheart-like speeches ("this..... this is our land!")

Really? this sounds really weird. Will this movie defeat the hype?
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    plindboe wrote
    I have a prediction. In a month's time there will be tons of comments about how much this movie sucks. It doesn't matter how good it actually is, the expectations are too high already.
    Peter smile

I have same feeling. beer

Basically, this movie is Obama.

What? lol
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Christodoulides wrote

Nothing wrong with alien chicks. smile
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorRalph Kruhm
    • CommentTimeNov 30th 2009 edited
    With me, it´s the other way around. I will love this movie at all costs and ignore any sucking. biggrin

Martijn wrote
    Nothing wrong with alien chicks. smile

It´s easy loving green. But I prefer blue. lick
    Girl-shaped smurfs rock!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Ralph Kruhm wrote
    Girl-shaped smurfs rock!

Aye. There's a point.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
  1. Sunil wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    plindboe wrote
    Sunil wrote

Peter smile

NO !!!!

The fact this is a new Cameron film IS the hype.

And that's not weird. It's called a fantasy adventure romantic epic.

Would you call The Lord of the Rings weird?
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    DreamTheater wrote
    Sunil wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    plindboe wrote
    Sunil wrote

Peter smile

NO !!!!

The fact this is a new Cameron film IS the hype.

And that's not weird. It's called a fantasy adventure romantic epic.

Would you call The Lord of the Rings weird?

It doesn't sound weird, it's just the scenario of the movie. Cheesy yes, but nothing weird in it.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeDec 1st 2009
    So I saw the full trailer for Avatar tonight (in 3D!) and I have to say, based on that alone I would have very little interest in this film. I'm sure I will see it though.
  2. shocked shocked A non-Cameron fan? They exist? shocked shocked
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    DreamTheater wrote
    shocked shocked A non-Cameron fan? They exist? shocked shocked

I like some of his previous films. But I'll be seeing Avatar based on his reputation and not because the trailer makes me want to.
  3. DreamTheater wrote

Yes wink

My favourite movie of his may be True Lies. It says a lot, doesn't it?
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    True Lies!!? shocked
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    PawelStroinski wrote
    DreamTheater wrote

Yes wink

My favourite movie of his may be True Lies. It says a lot, doesn't it?

Excellent choice. True Lies is a wonderful mix of well timed humor and nail biting action! Arnold is great, Bill Paxton and Tom Arnold have never been better, and Jamie Lee Curtis was stunning!

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeDec 1st 2009 edited
    Excellent choice were it not for Terminator 1 & 2, Aliens and The Abyss (though I'll probably get some flak for that choice).
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeDec 1st 2009 edited
    Okay, True Lies certainly isn't bad ( and I enjoyed it when it was shown on TV again earlier this year ) but it's nowhere near the heights of Terminator's 1 & 2 and Aliens.

The Abyss? I've only seen it once all the way through ( on release ) and have seen the added extras ( the huge wave ), do you think it's worth a reappraisal?
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    I quite like True Lies too - very entertaining! The two Terminator films would be my pick, though.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    And Piranha II, but that goes without saying. Speaking of which, I wonder what James Cameron's favourite type of tomato is?