• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeDec 5th 2009
    I don't like it, I must admit. But I can understand why people do (and hopefully they can understand why we don't!)
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeDec 5th 2009
    Christodoulides wrote
    Steven wrote
    The first sounds like Keyboard Cat.

Only a bit worse.

More than a bit. Perfect for the film though.
  1. I agree T1 is pretty much unlistenable outside of the film, but inside it: glued to perfection.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    • CommentTimeDec 8th 2009
    Timmer wrote
    Sunil wrote
    PawelStroinski wrote
    No.

GOOD. You are the chosen one. biggrin

No he's not!

Yes, he is. He is thread killer. biggrin
    Racism, Prejudices and discrimination exists everywhere.
  2. Has anyone seen 'Entourage' season 2? In that one there's a killer plot going on about Aquaman, a superhero-flick directed by J.C. himself. He appears in only certain episodes during season 2. Basically the main actor of the series tries to land a role in the film and after a lot of negotiating and heated discussions with agents / producers he gets it.

I don't think however that in real life Cameron would even think about doing such a film. Seems a little standard for him.

Love 'Entourage' BTW, it's so funny and witty I'm having the time of my life. Once you get to know the characters, it's fun all the way. Kevin Dillon and Jeremy Piven play killer parts IMO, and the guest stars who often play themselves make it even better.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    • CommentTimeDec 22nd 2009 edited
    Recently, James Cameron have confirmed that Arnold Schwarzenegger would certainly return to big screen. After very long time, these two great giants are coming together. I hope we may see yet another action flick like T2 and True Lies. Here is the link:

http://in.news.yahoo.com/43/20091221/90 … cting.html

Have a nice day!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeDec 22nd 2009
    No noooooooooo not Alnord Schwanzenpecker again!!!
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    Christodoulides wrote
    No noooooooooo not Alnord Schwanzenpecker again!!!

Why nooooooooooooooooottttttttttttttttt?
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    James Cameron' Forth Coming movies ( this might be rumor)

TERMINATOR 5 ( Arnold may reprise his role as Terminator, Who knows?)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1340138/

BATTLE ANGEL

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0437086/
  3. Sunil wrote
    Recently, James Cameron have confirmed that Arnold Schwarzenegger would certainly return to big screen. After very long time, these two great giants are coming together. I hope we may see yet another action flick like T2 and True Lies. Here is the link:

http://in.news.yahoo.com/43/20091221/90 … cting.html

Have a nice day!

Well that doesn't say a whole lot, apart from Cameron's point of view. There's no talk of Arnie actually wanting to return to acting, though I'd love him too. He's a bonafide movie star in my book, and Demetris you are wrong !!!!

And Cameron will not be doing T5, Battle Angel will already absorb all of his energy as it is.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Come on, he belongs to a past era. You have to admit that, stars like Arnold and Stalone not only look dated these days where everything has moved past them (cinematic culture included) and at their age, but also ridiculous at times (the latest Rambo for instance).
  4. Seriously? I think Stallone did a good job with Rambo IV. The action is much more in your face and hardhitting and much less cheesy than past Rambo's. And I always liked the character... Stallone nailed the performance. I was amazed the film turned out okay. Not great but not bad either.

And you don't know if Schwanzenpecker <-- biggrin wouldn't be able to adapt to the current cinematic climate.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    Schwanzenpecker - I like this new name. lol
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    DreamTheater wrote
    Seriously? I think Stallone did a good job with Rambo IV. The action is much more in your face and hardhitting and much less cheesy than past Rambo's. And I always liked the character... Stallone nailed the performance. I was amazed the film turned out okay. Not great but not bad either.

And you don't know if Schwanzenpecker <-- biggrin wouldn't be able to adapt to the current cinematic climate.

Oh, Stallone at this age playing Rambo is ridiculous man.

As for your 2nd point, you're right but i am not talking about Schwanzenpecker in general, but the particular 80's macho man thingy.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    DreamTheater wrote
    Seriously? I think Stallone did a good job with Rambo IV. The action is much more in your face and hardhitting and much less cheesy than past Rambo's. And I always liked the character... Stallone nailed the performance. I was amazed the film turned out okay. Not great but not bad either.

I agree totally. I was amazed how fit Stallone was in that latest film (watch him run around the woods and swing around stuff), and they also managed to play on his age a bit in the plot itself. Great stuff! To me, there's no problem watching actors even way up in their 70's play action roles. It all depends on how you WRITE it.
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Christodoulides wrote
    Come on, he belongs to a past era. You have to admit that, stars like Arnold and Stalone not only look dated these days where everything has moved past them (cinematic culture included) and at their age, but also ridiculous at times (the latest Rambo for instance).

Disagree, the old grizzled Stallone in the latest Rambo worked very well, I enjoyed it immensely.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Christodoulides wrote
    DreamTheater wrote

As for your 2nd point, you're right but i am not talking about Schwanzenpecker in general, but the particular 80's macho man thingy.

The macho man 'thingy' is still alive and well ( though with slightly less muscles ) with the like of Bourne and Bond etc.

Old or not, would you take Stallone on D?? cheesy
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    I think what D means (or what I'm interpreting) is that the whole 80s Action Hero ideal is not well suited to today's films. The macho hero is still very much alive, but in a very different and grittier sense: it's more character driven, rather than actor driven. Matt Damon isn't an action hero, Bourne is. Whereas Arnie was an action hero, playing Arnie in many of his action films.

Jason Statham is clearly trying hard to be the new Bruce Willis, but I just don't think it works in this day and age. He'd probably have been far more successful during the 80s than he is now.

But what Stallone did with the new Rambo film I think worked quite well. The character was relatively well portrayed, age and all.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    If that IS what D meant then that I would certainly agree with.
  5. Thor wrote
    DreamTheater wrote

I agree totally. I was amazed how fit Stallone was in that latest film (watch him run around the woods and swing around stuff), and they also managed to play on his age a bit in the plot itself. Great stuff! To me, there's no problem watching actors even way up in their 70's play action roles. It all depends on how you WRITE it.

Exactly, it's not Harrison Ford's fault that his character in the latest Indy was so uninteresting because quite frankly the script written around him was unworthy of the character. It would've been totally believable to see this guy act like Indy at a 60+ age, if his character and the adventure he went through was handled better than it turned out to be. The movie sucked because of the script, not because of the actors.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Timmer wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    DreamTheater wrote

The macho man 'thingy' is still alive and well ( though with slightly less muscles ) with the like of Bourne and Bond etc.

Old or not, would you take Stallone on D?? cheesy

It's alive and well in new forms, more up to date and less buillshity (read Steven's reply above which covers me pretty good). Stallone and Schwanzenpecker are old.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeDec 22nd 2009 edited
    Yes, yes, we get that but we are saying Stallone was right for Rambo IV.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    ...and you didn't say whether you would take "old" Stallone on....in a fight! biggrin wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    .........erm......
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Steven wrote
    I think what D means (or what I'm interpreting) is that the whole 80s Action Hero ideal is not well suited to today's films.

OH YEAH?!?!

That shit is going to ROCK! punk

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Erik Woods wrote
    Steven wrote
    I think what D means (or what I'm interpreting) is that the whole 80s Action Hero ideal is not well suited to today's films.

OH YEAH?!?!

-Erik-

I'm looking forward to that too, even if it turns out to be a turkey. Just having all those idols gathered in the same film...it's gotta rock!
    I am extremely serious.
  6. Explosions man, real ones !! Not fake CGI ones... at least I hope they're real.

Looks like a cool 80s style macho flick. Bring it on !!! punk
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    • CommentTimeDec 23rd 2009
    Christodoulides wrote

It's alive and well in new forms, more up to date and less buillshity (read Steven's reply above which covers me pretty good). Stallone and Schwanzenpecker are old.

Age doesn't matter, my friend! Willingness always matter. In case, if Cameron is going to direct Arnie film, you and Steven would certainly change your opinion. After i saw some clips of Avatar, Sigourney Weaver stills looks young and sexy. All credits goes to Cameron. Cameron is genius. He knows how to handle actors who are from 6 to 60 yrs.

Ok! You may be missing the old charm what these actors had during 80s and 90s. But i have to agree with Timmer and Gilles that in recent Rambo movie, Stallone looks like younger and stronger and even more enthusiastic person. Nobody can argue against that. I am awaiting Arnie's return to big screen.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    Erik Woods wrote
    Steven wrote

OH YEAH?!?!

-Erik-

Oh! My God! i can't believe that. Is that Stallone? He looks even younger than in new Rambo movie. Oh! I can't wait. Thanks for this wonderful trailer.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Sunil wrote

Stallone looks like younger and stronger and even more enthusiastic person. Nobody can argue against that.

I don't have to. I can let that one speak for itself.