• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. FRAQUE!

Äh...

FRAK!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeDec 3rd 2009
    Ma mere est mal a la tete!

(sorry, no accents on this PC)
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    βρε δεν μας παρατάτε λέω 'γω...!
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Christodoulides wrote

I see you have the ring to rule them all.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    Ralph Kruhm wrote
    And we have one of the best dubbing industries in the world.

Being world champions at destroying movies doesn't exactly increase my respect. wink

I guess I'd feel different about it if I had grown up with dubbing, never having known any better. But having grown up with the original sound, dubbing just seems like vandalism to me.

Peter smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorRalph Kruhm
    • CommentTimeDec 3rd 2009 edited
    Don´t worry, I can totally understand your point.

What I wanted to express was that even though we have one of the best dubbing industries of the world, the result is still unsatisfying to most people here who are capable of watching the originals. But because the studios do it well enough the vast majority of Germans doesn´t even think about it and would never notice anything, but if you start to compare and know what to listen for, you almost immediately realize how wrong this is, but german dubbing usually IS very good compared to other countries.

Most foreign actors have a very specific german actor who speaks their part, so if, for example, the german voice of Bruce Willis does a radio commercial for a tool shop, they can do it as if Bruce Willis did that commercial. smile

That still doesn´t help under certain circumstances. For example, Rolf Schult is the german voice of Robert Redford, Anthony Hopkins, and others. If you are german and see one them on the screen, he always has that voice. You know it, recognise it, and it settles in. Now imagine what happens if Redford and Hopkins do a movie together. They have to choose another voice for one of them, and it is irritating as hell.

But I really have to speak up for those dubbing actors. Most of the time, they do an excellent job, as they are often accomplished german actors themselves with lots of experience in film, TV, and theatre. They really do their very best. It´s the translation that´s the problem, because in Germany, dubbing studios prefer to translate the texts in a way that makes them fit with the lip movements of the original actor, so they try to find a translation that fits those movements and still expresses what the original meant. Too often, this can´t be accomplished, and they always go for the correct lip movement instead of the correct translation, as if it would be more important to get the illusion more right than the message. THAT´s what´s the real crime here.
  2. Timmer wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

Bre den mas paratate leo 'go?

What does it mean? lol
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
  3. Southall wrote
    Ma mere est mal a la tete!

(sorry, no accents on this PC)

Dommage, que tu n'as pas les accents lá...

Ta mére sent mieux maintenant?
  4. הבל הבלים הכול הבל!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Timmer wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

fireworks applause fireworks
    SCORE!
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
  5. Plain awesome how we can evolve from discussions about Cameron to french lessons. Only on Maintitles.net.

Translated that becomes:

Super génial comment on peut évoluer des discussions sur Cameron à des leçons françaises. Seulement sur Titresprincipaux.net.

beer punk beer
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Martijn wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

fireworks applause fireworks
    SCORE!

lol

PawelStroinski wrote

Bre den mas paratate leo 'go?

What does it mean? lol

smile It means Give us a freaking break with that crap. wink
  6. Did I read it right though?
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    PawelStroinski wrote
    Did I read it right though?

Nope. You clearly put the emphasis incorrectly on 'paratate', and you mispronounced 'bre'.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTintin
    DreamTheater wrote
    Tell me about it. As a native of a dutch (north) and french (south) speaking country I can safely say the language issue has always been one of the most talked about subjects in politics / society / other domains. The fact Brussels is now for 90 % french speaking is an indication of where we're going in the future. The french speaking side likes to watch dubbed versions too, whereas with us it's only for the kid films (though original language is also available).

Je déteste les films doublés. Ce n'est pas ma mère qui a mal à la tête, c'est moi.
    crazy
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    • CommentTimeDec 4th 2009
    Hey guys, shall we talk about James Cameron? wink
    Racism, Prejudices and discrimination exists everywhere.
  7. No.
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    Ralph,

that's interesting info about dubbing in Germany. It does increase my respect a little. Perhaps much of my contempt for dubbing is due to the fact that children movies in Denmark are dubbed, and not being a huge industry it tends to stink, even when skilled danish actors are used. There's nothing worse than reading the TV guide, noticing Shrek will be on the telly and planning your evening around it and looking forward to it, buying candy and cola and sitting down in front of the screen in excitement, and moronic danish actors starts speaking in idiot voices! crazy No charming Myers irish accent, no hilarious Eddie Murphy, just idiots trying and failing to be funny and making the movie appear juvenile. Argh!!! It's experiences like this that fuels my contempt.

Another problem is that we have german channels in Denmark. If you guys just subtitled the movies, then we'd benefit from it too whenever american and english movies were on. wink

Peter smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorRalph Kruhm
    • CommentTimeDec 4th 2009 edited
    If we would just subtitle the movies, I´d run around dancing in the streets. wink

beer
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Ralph Kruhm wrote
    If we would just subtitle the movies, I´d run around dancing in the streets. wink

beer

It's funny how the standard of many countries, including mine too, it's a far-away dream for so many people!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    • CommentTimeDec 5th 2009
    PawelStroinski wrote
    No.

GOOD. You are the chosen one. biggrin
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Sunil wrote
    PawelStroinski wrote
    No.

GOOD. You are the chosen one. biggrin

No he's not!
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    James Cameron has unique qualities which he can work with different film composers. His collaboration with composers like Brad Fiedel, Alan Silvestri and James Horner are really awesome.

I don't care what others say on T2 score, but i just love Brad's score for that movie. Whenever i listen to that score it gives me futuristic feeling. That's awesome. Score perfectly fits the movie. Then, after T2, he worked again with Brad for the movie True Lies, which was quite different masala popcorn action flick. I really appreciate the attitude of Cameron.

Of course, Alan Silvestri's The Abyss is most unforgettable work. In this we can find more atonal tunes than main themes which surprisingly works great in movie but not dominated. Of course, in the album, tracks 11,12,13 are really wonderful and masterpiece.

It shows that James Cameron has capability of working with any composer and deliver us the good score through any composer. That's awesome.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Fiedel's score for T2 is amazing ( T1 also ), absolutely perfect! I couldn't listen to it on CD though.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    It's good score. It's awful music though.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    The first sounds like Keyboard Cat.
  8. Timmer wrote
    Fiedel's score for T2 is amazing ( T1 also ), absolutely perfect! I couldn't listen to it on CD though.

I listen to it all the time on CD. It's effect in the film is absolutely terrific IMO, it's the beating heart of the film at times, LITERALLY. But a shame if this will be the only thing Fiedel will be remembered for. He had a lot more going for him, as True Lies clearly shows.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    I always liked his score to horror / occult film The Serpent And The Rainbow.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Steven wrote
    The first sounds like Keyboard Cat.

Only a bit worse.