• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeDec 2nd 2009
    face-palm-mt some of it was funny though
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  1. No it was funny throughout. A glimpse at what could've been...

I heard that was the version the studio wanted to release, but Cameron apparently is not a fan of Star Wars so the studio had to drop the Darth Vader subplot, and erase the Tie Fighter battle CGI from the footage. Damn I was so looking forward to Tie-Tanic. tongue
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    DreamTheater wrote

So you saw it already? Well excuse me while I wait for passing judgment until I've seen it. rolleyes

No, actually i have a bad feeling about this film. Nothing else. biggrin

And let me state my fave Cameron films, in the order I like em best, though I love them all. Except his first one maybe, but then I don't recall I've ever seen it.

Aliens: My favourite film ever, I've seen it a huge amount of times and every time I'm as excited as the first time. Mrs. Weaver is the true action heroine.
    Terminator 2: totally brilliant action and loveable characters in an apocalyptic story, with Arnie in his best role.
    Titanic: seriously I cannot find any fault with this doom laden romantic story, the entire sinking is just one the best filmed and edited sequences I've ever seen).
    The Abyss: much adored, great Silvestri score, some truly nailbiting moments and for me at least a wonderful ending.
    The Terminator: less viewed than part 2, but this is where the legend began and the whole concept is gripping and masterfully shot.
    True Lies: this is totally fun, just Cameron wanting to make a lighter film (only in tone, not in the technical department). The big action sequence at the end remains a true thrill ride.

And behind those are his two documentaries which I wouldn't even categorize with his other films, but they're pretty good for what they are.

Ghosts of the Abyss
    Aliens of the Deep

Fully Agreed. beer
    Racism, Prejudices and discrimination exists everywhere.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    plindboe wrote

That scene made me cry. Yes, I know I should feel ashamed.

Peter smile

Why? even i cried too. cry
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    DreamTheater wrote

I was quoting Sunil who is already saying the movie will be mediocre. He must have been at a private screening then.

Exactly, i was dreaming that i went to private screening. biggrin James Cameron was begging me, "please don't tell out your opinions before the original release", but i said, " I am sorry, i have to save the people's money". Then my mom woke me up and realized all that was my dream. DAMN GOOD DREAM! biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    Aliens: My favourite film ever, I've seen it a huge amount of times and every time I'm as excited as the first time. Mrs. Weaver is the true action heroine.

I have Aliens Special Edition DVD, in that two versions are there, one is theatrical and Extended version. I really like extended version, because it has more horror and action scenes. I love this Edition. Actually, i expected this same thing from Titanic DVD release, unfortunately, no extended versions. Disappointing!!
  2. You won't be saving my money, I'll be going to see it regardless what you say !!! Maybe more than once. Titanic I saw three times in the cinema. punk
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    I saw Titanic 6 times in Cinema. Yes! i beat you. punk biggrin
  3. Sunil wrote

I have Aliens Special Edition DVD, in that two versions are there, one is theatrical and Extended version. I really like extended version, because it has more horror and action scenes. I love this Edition. Actually, i expected this same thing from Titanic DVD release, unfortunately, no extended versions. Disappointing!!

The extended cut is the only way to watch Aliens. Much more badass than the threatrical cut.

It's the same with T2.

The Abyss is maybe the only one where I prefer the theatrical version. But it's cool to see the added scenes and how they make the movie different.
  4. Sunil wrote

Dammit. Beaten by Sunil. shame
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    DreamTheater wrote

The extended cut is the only way to watch Aliens. Much more badass than the threatrical cut.

It's the same with T2.

The Abyss is maybe the only one where I prefer the theatrical version. But it's cool to see the added scenes and how they make the movie different.

Oh yeah! i have totally forgotten about The Abyss DVD, i have that too. But the thing, i don't have theatrical version, only extended version. However, i am quite happy with extended version. Its quite cool. This movie is my all time favorite. I don't know how many times i have seen this. So, just prior to release of Avatar, i decided to see all of his movies in a week. wink

Unfortunately, i don't have extended version of T2. sad
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Sunil wrote

My warm, sincere condolences.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    biggrin
  5. Sunil wrote

Dude you're missing out big time. Get it ASAP. crazy
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    DreamTheater wrote
    Sunil wrote

Dude you're missing out big time. Get it ASAP. crazy

Honestly speaking, i searched for it. But the sad news is it won't released in India. sad Perhaps, i should go pirated one. cheesy
  6. A question: how is it you watch films? are they dubbed or original language? You could always import it, like I've done. I watch the original version all the time.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    • CommentTimeDec 3rd 2009
    I always watch original versions. I don't like to watch in dubbed versions. It just irritates me.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Sunil wrote
    I always watch original versions. I don't like to watch in dubbed versions. It just irritates me.

I think we've talked again in the past about this, in another thread, but i couldn't agree with you more! Dubbing must be one of the stupidest things the modern man has ever thought of doing, seriously.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    Christodoulides wrote
    Sunil wrote

I think we've talked again in the past about this, in another thread, but i couldn't agree with you more! Dubbing must be one of the stupidest things the modern man has ever thought of doing, seriously.

I don't get your point. That's what i am trying to say. What is there to disagree with me?
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    "I couldn't agree more" means that i completely agree with you. It's a phrase to emphasize how much you agree with someone.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    Christodoulides wrote
    "I couldn't agree more" means that i completely agree with you. It's a phrase to emphasize how much you agree with someone.

Sorry for the misunderstanding. beer
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    I'd have killed myself years ago if I had been born as a german, since they dub everything. To miss out on Eddie Murphy's voice as Donkey, "Jim Carrey" as Ace ventura or Arnie saying "I'll be back" in "Terminator", is just tragic. These people aren't just famous because of the way they look, but because of the way they sound and deliver their lines. To have a second rate voice-actor who wasn't part of the movie production, and who lacks the unique charm of the movie stars, means that one is missing out of one of the most important elements of the whole movie experience.

Peter slant
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    Well said, Peter! applause beer kiss
  7. plindboe wrote
    I'd have killed myself years ago if I had been born as a german, since they dub everything. To miss out on Eddie Murphy's voice as Donkey, "Jim Carrey" as Ace ventura or Arnie saying "I'll be back" in "Terminator", is just tragic. These people aren't just famous because of the way they look, but because of the way they sound and deliver their lines. To have a second rate voice-actor who wasn't part of the movie production, and who lacks the unique charm of the movie stars, means that one is missing out of one of the most important elements of the whole movie experience.

And we have one of the best dubbing industries in the world. Still, sometimes, it´s unbearable, especially since there are no longer four or five months between US and German releases. We are part of the World Release dates now, and since a lot of movies are finished just prior before the release, you can imagine how much time they have to dub that thing. That considered, they are doing a great job. It´s TV dubbing that gets ugly sometimes. You wouldn´t believe what they have done to Battlestar Galactica.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    The French are pretty obnoxious about it as well: "Luke! Tu seras absorbé par le Cote Obscur..."
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    Martijn wrote
    The French are pretty obnoxious about it as well: "Luke! Tu seras absorbé par le Cote Obscur..."

Ah! you are a french guy. Glad to meet you! kiss beer
    •  
      CommentAuthorDreamTheater
    • CommentTimeDec 3rd 2009 edited
    Tell me about it. As a native of a dutch (north) and french (south) speaking country I can safely say the language issue has always been one of the most talked about subjects in politics / society / other domains. The fact Brussels is now for 90 % french speaking is an indication of where we're going in the future. The french speaking side likes to watch dubbed versions too, whereas with us it's only for the kid films (though original language is also available).
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Sunil wrote

L'honneur est tout a vous. rolleyes
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorDreamTheater
    Martijn, mon pot, ne joue pas le connard. Tu n'es pas Français du tout. Et moi, je ne connais pas le français non plus. Ca se voit non? cheesy
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    Martijn wrote
    Sunil wrote

L'honneur est tout a vous. rolleyes

Hey, Please, don't scold me in bad words. biggrin Forgive me. biggrin