• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeFeb 7th 2010
    Thank you!
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMiya
    • CommentTimeFeb 7th 2010 edited
    NP: Main Theme from Quartet - Joe Hisaishi

Because he played it at the end of the radio show! It's the movie he himself directed smile
    It's one of my favorites from him. Great energetic arrangement of this catchy theme.
    Labels are for cans, not people. - Anthony Rapp
    •  
      CommentAuthorMiya
    NP: Reflections Of Earth - Gavin Greenaway

I don't know why but this week I'm in a mood for this piece. Love it and the song as well.
    Labels are for cans, not people. - Anthony Rapp
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    2 of the major Marco Beltrami outputs this year, HURT LOCKER and Mesrine L'Instinct De Mort have been pretty standard and impersonal. Thank God for In the electric mist.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    KLAUS BADELT - ned kelly

Very solemn and soothing, to me it sounds like a raw, primitive version of RESCUE DAWN.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Christodoulides wrote
    2 of the major Marco Beltrami outputs this year, HURT LOCKER and Mesrine L'Instinct De Mort have been pretty standard and impersonal. Thank God for In the electric mist.

No love for KNOWING huh? IMHO, that's Beltrami's best effort of 2009!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Ah yeah, somehow it misses my attention as a 2008 score. Yeah, that's good too, inferior to Hurt locker and the french film.

[edit] obviously i meant 'superior'.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Christodoulides wrote
    Ah yeah, somehow it misses my attention as a 2008 score. Yeah, that's good too, inferior to Hurt locker and the french film.

Inferior to The Hurt Locker... are you KIDDING ME?! shocked I haven't heard Mesrine L'Instinct De Mort but my God is The Hurt Locker ever overrated!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Edit: i meant superior.

THE HURT LOCKER and the french score make me want to cry, especially the first which has been one of the most overrated cases of film music in years.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Christodoulides wrote
    THE HURT LOCKER and the french score make me want to cry, especially the first which has been one of the most overrated cases of film music in years.

Hear bloody hear. slant
    As you said:
    Thank God for In the electric mist.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Christodoulides wrote
    Edit: i meant superior.

:whew:

-Erik-
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    NP : SIDEWAYS - Rolfe Kent

Snazzy cool
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    NP : BOURNE SUPREMACY - John Powell

My favourite Powell score, so good it would get into my top 50 of all time.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  1. "Pony Soldier"
    Alex North

Not for everybody.

A nice orchestra that occassionally suffers from what a number of older scores do: no breathing room; it just keeps going and going in cues not stopping to take a breath, and that is kind of annoying.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Modesty Blaise - John Dankworth.
    In tribute. smile
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeFeb 8th 2010
    Christodoulides wrote
    KLAUS BADELT - ned kelly

Very solemn and soothing, to me it sounds like a raw, primitive version of RESCUE DAWN.

You are in a Badelt mood lately wink
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Martijn wrote
    Modesty Blaise - John Dankworth.
    In tribute. smile

sad beer
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Marselus wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    KLAUS BADELT - ned kelly

You are in a Badelt mood lately wink

And for a good reason, it seems smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorkeky
    Wolf - Ennio Morricone

2-3 very good themes with many annoying suspense music. The majority of the album is not my kind of Morricone.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    keky wrote
    Wolf - Ennio Morricone

2-3 very good themes with many annoying suspense music. The majority of the album is not my kind of Morricone.

I can't even remember it? I'll have to give it a listen sometime.
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    I used to dislike Wolf but actually it's not that bad. It tends to grow on one over time, even some of the more difficult music. It has some great highlights, and I bet one could make a wonderful homemade suite of it.

Peter smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorkeky
    Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull - Williams

It's been only my second listen since the CD was released. I didn't like it at all at first. But now it sounded much better. It's still far from being a classic Indy score but it does have its highlights. Especially the first part of the album is very good. I think I'll have to give it some more spins soon.
    • CommentAuthoradam
    the assassination of jesse james - by nick cave and warren ellis

Great piano/fiddle/bass music. Somewhat droney. Simple and rustic in tone yet modern. Guides thoughts to the eternal. "Rather lovely thing" is a favourite.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    NP: Raiders of the Lost Ark - John Williams

It's John Williams day! Happy Birthday Maestro!

I'm spinning the SUPERIOR DCC version with the previously unreleased cuts from the expanded version placed in proper chronological order!

-Erik-
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    NP : THE WILD GEESE - Roy Budd

Absolutely fantastic boys own style adventure/war score very much in a Ron Goodwin tradition. punk
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    The Book Of Eli - Atticus Ross

I was curious about this one when I read some people praising it. And... I dunno. So far I'm not really impressed. It sounds like a load of electronic, ambient drone mixed with some synth orchestra mock-ups. Upon more listening I appreciated the softer, piano-based cues, but otherwise didn't like it much. Perhaps a little too rough for my tastes. I'll revisit it later though.

Terminator: Salvation - Danny Elfman

Now here's some really bombastic fun stuff! cool punk
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    plindboe wrote
    I used to dislike Wolf but actually it's not that bad. It tends to grow on one over time, even some of the more difficult music. It has some great highlights, and I bet one could make a wonderful homemade suite of it.

Peter smile

It wasn't one of my favourites at first but I've grown very fond of it. It needs you to spend a bit of time with it, I think, but I found it worth it. Some of the most palatable suspense music he's ever written.
    •  
      CommentAuthorEric
    Uncommon Valor - James Horner

Excellent action score from maestro Horner !
    Funny as it is though , I've recognised some Star Trek II & III and Aliens tracks in there ... biggrin
    "Simplicity is the key to brilliance"
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    • CommentTimeFeb 8th 2010 edited
    Indeed, Wolf has some wonderful material, especially when one gets to know it.

"Wolf and love"
    "The barn"
    Last scene
    The unreleased end credits

Peter smile
  2. adam wrote
    the assassination of jesse james - by nick cave and warren ellis

Great piano/fiddle/bass music. Somewhat droney. Simple and rustic in tone yet modern. Guides thoughts to the eternal. "Rather lovely thing" is a favourite.

My own favourites: "What must be done", "Song for Bob" and "Last ride to KC".
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am