• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeFeb 13th 2010
    Anthony wrote
    There's a very minor one I've been able to pick out (I'm only about quarter the way through though), but more impressive is the action writing and vibrant orchestration. I strongly urge you to hear it.

So do I. A very good symphonic adventurous score. The main theme is simple but effective. As Anthony says, it´s the orchestration, the action writing and the powerful recording what makes it great.
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Steven wrote
    Yeah. I have literally no idea what you're going on about.

shocked

Steven wrote
    it has a special place in my collection. (The top shelf in fact.)

Martijn wrote
    What shelf?

Steven SHOULD have written:
    TOP shelf.

A (very clever and subtle) Raiders reference and you missed it?
    rolleyes

Oh well...
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    You mean the "TOP men" bit?

C'mon! That was a little too subtle! dizzy
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Steven wrote
    C'mon! That was a little too subtle! dizzy

Next time I'll hit you over the head with a mallet and throw a pie in your face.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Ooh I dunno. Are you sure I'd get the punchline?
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    No, but then that wouldn't be my main objective. wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    NP: Creation - Christopher Young

First listen...
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeFeb 13th 2010 edited
    Marselus wrote
    Anthony wrote
    There's a very minor one I've been able to pick out (I'm only about quarter the way through though), but more impressive is the action writing and vibrant orchestration. I strongly urge you to hear it.

The main theme is simple but effective.

...and sounds like it's come from The Incredibles.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    NP:The Count Of MonteCristo (Shearmur)

Sublime!!!!!

from the main theme to the swashbucking sense of adventure!
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    NP (again): The Wolfman - Danny Elfman

I love this. cool
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    NP : TOTAL RECALL - Jerry Goldsmith

I need violent music to go with my violent mood! angry
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Put some In Flames on (heavy metal band). That'll sort you right out.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Timmer wrote

Erm.
    Anything you'd like to share, dear boy?
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote

Jerry's doing just fine! biggrin
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Martijn wrote
    Timmer wrote

Erm.
    Anything you'd like to share, dear boy?

A combination of hangover and a series of petty events while out shopping. rolleyes wink y'know, everyone in the world except myself is stupid kind of day, I imagined myself with a two headed battle axe chopping and hacking my way through teenagers and old people on the highstreet.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Shopping on a Saturday pisses me off! People seem to think the best way round me is through me. Yeah, that'll work. Douche.

...anyway, yeah. Shopping. Rarely fun.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote
    Shopping on a Saturday pisses me off! People seem to think the best way round me is through me. Yeah, that'll work. Douche.

...anyway, yeah. Shopping. Rarely fun.

As an example, how the fuck does a tiny little old lady manage to fill an 8ft wide pavement.

Why do young mums with prams have to walk side by side and expect you to walk in the road.

Why does everyone ( except me ) have no spacial awareness whatsoever.

....there's more but it'll just make me Hulk out again.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    I concur. God how I concur.

"It's fine, I'll get out of your way. No seriously, don't worry about it!"

"Hey, its okay, you own the path anyway! Let me move aside."

"Take your time, I have all day. In fact, why don't you slow down a little bit more just in case you GET A HEART ATTACK!"
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote
    I concur. God how I concur.

"It's fine, I'll get out of your way. No seriously, don't worry about it!"

"Hey, its okay, you own the path anyway! Let me move aside."

"Take your time, I have all day. In fact, why don't you slow down a little bit more just in case you GET A HEART ATTACK!"

Aye, it hurts being a god among mortals.

My shirt buttons are popping again! crazy frank
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    Steven wrote

Timmer wrote
    As an example, how the fuck does a tiny little old lady manage to fill an 8ft wide pavement.

Why do young mums with prams have to walk side by side and expect you to walk in the road.

Steven wrote
    "Take your time, I have all day. In fact, why don't you slow down a little bit more just in case you GET A HEART ATTACK!"[/i]

biggrin biggrin biggrin

It's like you guys read my mind and expressed my thoughts better than I ever could.

It's indeed as if people have no awareness of their sorroundings, that they just don't care, or that they deliberately try to be as annoying as they possibly can.

Peter crazy
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Marselus wrote
    Anthony wrote

So do I. A very good symphonic adventurous score. The main theme is simple but effective. As Anthony says, it´s the orchestration, the action writing and the powerful recording what makes it great.

Hmmm...interesting!
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    plindboe wrote
    Steven wrote

Timmer wrote

Steven wrote
    "Take your time, I have all day. In fact, why don't you slow down a little bit more just in case you GET A HEART ATTACK!"[/i]

biggrin biggrin biggrin

It's like you guys read my mind and expressed my thoughts better than I ever could.

It's indeed as if people have no awareness of their sorroundings, that they just don't care, or that they deliberately try to be as annoying as they possibly can.

Peter crazy

Hahaha that's Saturday shopping for you, no matter where on earth you are, it's always the same wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Steven wrote

Ah, quality metal indeed!

Tim, you can always try Mission Impossible III by Giacchino, really really loud, when in this mood wink
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Erm...I really think my choice of TOTAL RECALL more than did the trick, I wanted Jerry rhythms and I got Jerry rhythms cool
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Christodoulides wrote
    plindboe wrote
    Steven wrote

Timmer wrote

Steven wrote

biggrin biggrin biggrin

Peter crazy

Hahaha that's Saturday shopping for you, no matter where on earth you are, it's always the same wink

I bet Saturday morning shopping in Antarctica is a bugger.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Oh it is, you have to get heavily dressed, go out against icy winds and ages below Zero temperatures, break the ice and sit for hours whilst waiting for a fish to be caught.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Timmer wrote
    Erm...I really think my choice of TOTAL RECALL more than did the trick, I wanted Jerry rhythms and I got Jerry rhythms cool

I feel you, bro. (In an entirely figuratively and colloquial manner.)

When you want Jerry rhythms, you NEED Jerry rhythms!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    And if that wasn't bad enough The Thing lives there too.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Cinema Serenade Itzhak Perlman & John Williams

Absolute film music heaven. angelic
  1. Thanks to my wife, I´m now listening to my brandnew CD of...

Hans Zimmer - Sherlock Holmes

Isn´t Valentine´s Day a great idea?