• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeFeb 14th 2010
    Martijn wrote
    NP: Romeo & Juliet - Nino Rota

A breathtaking score for a heartwrenching film.
    Is there anything more evocative than doomed love? Rota surely let the deeply tragic and melancholic fate pervade the joy and happiness of young loves in this superb soundtrack, that may be one of the most stirring that I have.

Fitting for Valentine's Day! smile

Good choice and a truly classic score. cool
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Yeah..well..I'm going to play something just as romantic..

STAR TREK - Michael Giacchino cool
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeFeb 14th 2010 edited
    NP : THE HUNTING PARTY - Rolfe Kent

A very fine and enjoyable score, some influences of both Barry's Bond and Powell's Bourne in this and some great ethnic touches too.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Stavroula wrote
    It always bring tears to my eyes.

Yeah. That's what I like.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Timmer wrote
    NP : THE HUNTING PARTY - Rolfe Kent

A very fine and enjoyable score, some influences of both Barry's Bond and Powell's Bourne in this and some great ethnic touches too.

Really good album, upgraded from 'very fine' to very good. cool

NP : PAN'S LABYRINTH - Javier Navarette

cool
    • CommentAuthoradam
    Poltergeist, track 11--- night of the beast. I think someone in the orchestra sneezes at the 55 second mark dizzy
  1. WP: The Forbidden Kingdom --- David Buckley

Very enjoyable score, even though it it much better in the film itself. On CD some tracks don't keep me interested

NP: Leap Year --- Randy Edelman

Continuing from the previous time, because it is such an unnecessary long release
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Thomas Glorieux wrote

Continuing from the previous time, because it is such an unnecessary long release

How much are they paying you buddy?
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
  2. Christodoulides wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote

How much are they paying you buddy?

nothing, but I can stand Edelman, but this is just endlessly long
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Timmer wrote
    Marselus wrote
    NP The Tudors - Season Two (Trevor Morris)
    I´ve never watched the series but the music is pretty good, atmospheric although melodic at the same time in the more drama oriented cues. I might give the show a chance!

The show is very well done and features lots of nekid people.

Ok, that´s the little push I needed.
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    NP:Star Wars and the Revenge of the Sith

And..I mean the first track! punk punk punk punk
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Marselus wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Marselus wrote
    NP The Tudors - Season Two (Trevor Morris)
    I´ve never watched the series but the music is pretty good, atmospheric although melodic at the same time in the more drama oriented cues. I might give the show a chance!

The show is very well done and features lots of nekid people.

Ok, that´s the little push I needed.

The King likes rutting....it's good to be the king.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    NP : TRUE CONFESSIONS - Georges Delerue

One of Delerue's most sublime works ( and that's saying something ), this score is gobsmackingly beautiful, IMO everyone should have it.
  3. Just thought I'd throw in that I agree with Jordi that GLADIATOR is a very incoherent score -- it's almost a new style of music for every track, and very few of them hang around to the end. That doesn't make it a bad score, or a bad album, but the man has a point.

NP: Heat Rod (Wick Veac & Narren Ellis)

Generally a nice score, although not quite as beautiful as their last.
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    NP: P.S. I Love You ~ John Powell

Bittersweet and wonderful. Loved the book, liked the film, adore the score. All three of them bring tears to my eyes each and every time.
    Whatever you gaze rests on,do not use your vision, but the eyes of your soul...She knows better...
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Timmer wrote
    NP : TRUE CONFESSIONS - Georges Delerue

One of Delerue's most sublime works ( and that's saying something ), this score is gobsmackingly beautiful, IMO everyone should have it.

After this I can only follow it with the equally sublime...

NP : AGNES OF GOD - Georges Delerue

Fantasmagoric.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    • CommentTimeFeb 14th 2010 edited
    NP: The Elfman (Danny Wolfman)

First Listen.

Kilar's Dracula anyone?

Anyway, when a Elfman score doesn't sound like Elfman it's a great succes to my ears tongue

Wait...."the healing montage"....I thought Elfman was missing in this score....but he is there!
  4. Lost Odyssey (Nobuo Uematsu)

A very melodic game score, that is at times very exciting and haunting. At least the orchestral moments are, of which I made my own little playlist. Nobuo Uematsu, the man behind the Final Fantasy music is anything but an amateur, often called the John Williams of (japanese) videogame music and it shows in the vibrant orchestrations of the music, as well as the superb performances by orchestra and in some standout cues, the soprano. Loving this.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
  5. NP: Chatty Lyda Erl (Beatrice Thiriet)

Better than I remember. Reminds me of some of Preisner's softer dramatic scores, like A Fairy Tale. Not great, but interesting.
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    • CommentTimeFeb 15th 2010
    Christodoulides wrote
    Jordi, that is bollocks, especially from someone who rates Scherlock Holmes as highly. wink The whole album flows naturally from one piece to the other, the musical pieces themselves have continuity and Zimmer-trademarked development, they're full of great themes, melodies and passion. Yes it's not the cleverest music out there (but which Zimmer score is it anyway?), yes it can get cheesy and over the top at places, but it fits the movie 100% (i don't know what they say, but i adore this kind of Ridley Scott filmmaking and i am a sucker for Gladiator. I can hardly wait for Robin Hood too, since it looks like Gladiator 2 essentially). On cd, it makes for a very satissfying listening experience and it's a score that has left a very strong mark the modern film music genre, for good or for bad.

Wow, I'm, whole-heartedly, in full agreement with you. beer punk
    • CommentAuthorPanthera
    DreamTheater wrote
    Lost Odyssey (Nobuo Uematsu)

A very melodic game score, that is at times very exciting and haunting. At least the orchestral moments are, of which I made my own little playlist. Nobuo Uematsu, the man behind the Final Fantasy music is anything but an amateur, often called the John Williams of (japanese) videogame music and it shows in the vibrant orchestrations of the music, as well as the superb performances by orchestra and in some standout cues, the soprano. Loving this.

I hope to play the game one day. For that reason, I have restrained myself from listening to the score. I'd rather hear it in context first.
  6. NP: Jane Eyre (Alessio Vlad)

This Bronte novel has attracted some fine scores over the years. I'm inclined to think that this is one of them.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    NP Les Deux Mondes (Two Worlds) (Richard Harvey)

Nice to see one of Zimmer's frequent collaborators doing his own (and totally orchestral) stuff, away from the RC sound and tricks. Adventure, comedy, bold brass writing, yummy.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    The Wolfman....A highly repetitive score and far too long.

I like the main theme because it's Kilar's Dracula tongue

NP:Percy Jackson.... ( Christopher Beck)

shocked shocked shocked shocked

OH GOD!!!! GREAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT!

One of this scores full of adventure! Dark, magic...action packed! I love it!

I'm not familiar with Beck style, bu I assume it's nothing to do with this score. right?
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Nautilus wrote

I disagree, I think it's a brilliantly flowing album that's covered all it's ideas by the end of it. Best score of the year so far.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Nautilus wrote

I agree. I have enough with the first two tracks (Wolf Suite 1 and Wolf Suite 2).

Nautilus wrote
    NP:Percy Jackson.... ( Christopher Beck)

OH GOD!!!! GREAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT!

One of this scores full of adventure! Dark, magic...action packed! I love it!

punk
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Anthony wrote
    Nautilus wrote

I disagree, I think it's a brilliantly flowing album that's covered all it's ideas by the end of it. Best score of the year so far.

Oh i agree, there's not a single moment that drags in there. Elfman's has hit this one.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Anthony wrote
    Nautilus wrote

I kinda agree with both of you! The album IS too long and repetitive for me, but I still think it's strong.
  7. And I'll just be boring and agree with Southall.

(But I do kind of agree with Jordi about Gladiator.)
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    (you already told us wink )