• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeMar 11th 2010
    Nautilus wrote
    Erik Woods wrote
    Steven wrote
    Jordi's ruined Avatar for me now. sad

lol

-Erik-

Oh God. the shepherd and his sheep.

Perhaps me and Erik could go on a couples date with you and lp?
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Can i be the oil boy?
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Christodoulides wrote
    Can i be the oil boy?

You are too late. I already grabbed the oil.
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Marselus wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    Can i be the oil boy?

You are too late. I already grabbed the oil.

Physically impossible. No one can relieve D of his oil status.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    cry
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Ask nicely and I'm sure he'll let you be his oil apprentice?
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    • CommentTimeMar 11th 2010 edited
    No problem guys. I don't think I could stand steven with only one barrel. So....I need so much Oil Boys as possible!

And Alcohol Boys, Maris Boys....In fact, I need to be in an inducted coma to stand Steven.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Timmer wrote
    Ask nicely and I'm sure he'll let you be his oil apprentice?

Nautilus wrote
    So....I need so much Oil Boys as possible!

Yes! I can be an additional oil boy!
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    NP : Avatar - James Horner

I'll admit, it's growing on me. It's got too many Zimmer-isms and for that it suffers, but there is some truly excellent writing in it. Bioluminescence Of The Night is my favourite track.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    You're listening to that complete score?
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    I'm not attempting anything of that length just quite yet. smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Christodoulides wrote
    You're listening to that complete score?

The promo is excruciatingly looooooooooooooong but I'm happy to say that the guilty pleasure that is "Quaritch Down" has been played at least once in the past 3 days!

Anyway, back to Herrmann... "North by Northwest: Overture"

punk

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Erik Woods wrote
    Anyway, back to Herrmann... "North by Northwest: Overture"

punk

-Erik-

Yes! I had this on the other day. cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Erik Woods wrote
    PS - Listening to Herrmann's rejected cue "The Killing" from Torn Curtain with the picture as catapulted that cue up near the top my list of very favorite Herrmann cues. And the one person that recorded the cue properly with emphasis on the timpani and percussion during the latter half of the cue was Elmer Bernstein. You can hear that cue on Bernstein's recording of Torn Curtain for the Elmer Bernstein Film Music Collection of recordings! Superb!

I love that cue, and indeed the whole Bernstein recording of that score. I think it's one of the finest of his recordings in that set.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Film Music 2009

New Silva compilation, with Avatar, Transformers 2, Let the Right One In, Drag Me to Hell, Valkyrie, Revolutionary Road, Benjamin Button, Defiance, Slumdog, New Moon and Star Trek. Two tracks in, quite impressed.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Southall wrote
    Film Music 2009

New Silva compilation, with Avatar, Transformers 2, Let the Right One In, Drag Me to Hell, Valkyrie, Revolutionary Road, Benjamin Button, Defiance, Slumdog, New Moon and Star Trek. Two tracks in, quite impressed.

Seeing a lot of 2008 films in there...

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Erik Woods wrote
    Southall wrote
    Film Music 2009

Seeing a lot of 2008 film in there...

-Erik-

Yes. Probably best not to question! (Maybe it is related to the UK release date - but I'm pretty sure a lot of these were released before 2009 in the UK.)
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    HANS ZIMMER - the pacificc..c....z..zz..z.zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
    • CommentAuthorPanthera
    christopher wrote
    NP - Balto - Horner

"The Journey Begins" is one my favorite pieces from Horner. WHAT an incredible track!

It's one of my all time favorite scores. One I go back to listen to on a regular basis.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Christodoulides wrote
    HANS ZIMMER - the pacificc..c....z..zz..z.zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Post of the day! lol

-Erik-
  1. I actually really like The Pacific.

Henri IV is piece of shit though.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    • CommentTimeMar 12th 2010 edited
    PawelStroinski wrote
    I actually really like The Pacific.

Henri IV is piece of shit though.

I've heard worse than Henri 4. :cough:mostpaulhaslingerscores:cough:

I went back and listened to Jackman's first score, Monsters vs Aliens and it was far more enjoyable. I'm not sure if Henri 4 is Jackman's fault though. I mean, the movie doesn't seem to inspire that great musical materials.

Some people love Paul Cantelon's The Other Boyelin Girl, and i think the whole is affair (movie+score) is shitty and underwhelming.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeMar 12th 2010
    A good composer should ideally create a decent score regardless of the film, so it seems like a bit of a weak excuse to blame the film. Still, I've not heard Jackman's music, so I really can't comment on whether I think it's any good (nor am I in any rush to).
    •  
      CommentAuthorkeky
    La Boum - Vladimir Cosma

I'm continuing with the Cosma collection. This one mostly consists of songs which is not a good thing, but the symphonic version of the two main songs at the end of the album is awesome.
    This score brings back many childhood memories. I was about 13 when I saw the movie in the theatre. It was kind of a cult movie among teenagers back then.
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    Steven wrote
    A good composer should ideally create a decent score regardless of the film, so it seems like a bit of a weak excuse to blame the film. Still, I've not heard Jackman's music, so I really can't comment on whether I think it's any good (nor am I in any rush to).

Oh I agree. But I'm also trying to create a parallel of Henri 4 and The Other Boyelin Girl. Both promises a good time, but the end result is reflected in the lackluster scores. It's funny how both are about different King Henri.
  2. Secret Weapons Over Normandy (Michael Giacchino)

A constant barrage of big badass action music. The themes are great, but this is all about the brutal action crescendo's which don't let up. A cross between the thematic greatness of MOH and the rhythmic monotonous structure of Call of Duty, it really is a sublime listen and more worthy to have been part of a film instead of the now forgotten game. Oh please Michael give us something like this again. Star Trek 2 perhaps?
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    ^ One of his greatest scores!

-Erik-
  3. Yep First Flight is AMAZING !!!! punk
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    • CommentTimeMar 12th 2010 edited
    NP: Mobile Suit Gundam UC (Unicorn) - Hiroyuki Sawano

High enjoyable album. Again, the modern action(Hans Zimmer/Bourne) elements are there, but it's only a part of the bigger epic soundscape. Lots of action cues mixed in between the nice and the funky cues. Taking a cue from Yoko Kanno, we have a somewhat eclectic mix of sound, but not as globally diverse as a YK score, though the result is still interesting and listenable. I mean, imagine a jazz cue featuring muted trumpet over tribal percussion percussion and electric guitar. punk . Jordi might even like this. slant
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    NP : THE TOUCH - Basil Poledouris

Class!