• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeMar 20th 2010
    Erik Woods wrote
    Nautilus wrote
    so don't touch my balls very much today.

shocked

That sounded like Something BORAT would say!
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    BEAR McCREARY - the plan / razor

Is this guy talented or what..
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Christodoulides wrote
    BEAR McCREARY - the plan / razor

Is this guy talented or what..

I urge everyone to listen to APOCALYPSE, PART 1, really loud. Surely made my evening! This man's a winner.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    NP : STAR TREK - Michael Giacchino

cool
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  1. James Horner - Legends of the Fall

To me his best work. Great themes, great orchestrations, simplicity and complexity in one great package. I would pick Braveheart, which is a Celtic twist on this sound, if that score was written first.

This is a movie Horner perfectly gets. In the movie it works just about amazing.

Earlier listened to:

Michael Kamen - Mr. Holland's Opus

And it was my first listen. What a heartfelt classical work. I miss the man so much. Recently I watched Band of Brothers again and his score was always a favorite of mine, one of my all-time favorites.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    • CommentAuthorMatt C
    • CommentTimeMar 21st 2010
    NP: The Wolfman (Elfman)

Some of the music must've been left over when Universal scrapped part of Elfman's score and had Conrad Pope fill in the missing blanks (like Elfman's original "The Finale", totally different than the movie's). Still, this a very solid score on all fronts, especially "The Funeral" and "The Traveling Montage." My own quibble is that I wished we had Pope's music in it too.

Combined with this and Daybreakers, I think 2010 might be a sterling year for horror film scores.
    http://unsungfilmscores.blogspot.com/ -- My film/TV/game score review blog
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    I am in BATTLESTAR GALACTICA mode, as far as the music is concerned that is. Bear McCreary's modern musical universe for the series is truly admirable. I started from the newest instalments and going back in time...yesterday Plan/Razor melted in my player and now it's the time of season 4. Very impressive.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    • CommentTimeMar 21st 2010 edited
    NP: How To Train Your Dragon - John Powell

shocked

I've listened upto Battling The Green Death so far, and here are my two cents -

* It's almost nothing like the cheesy mickey-mousing material often associated with Powell. The action music is surprisingly dark and, in places, dissonant too, almost seeming to cross over into his X-Men 3 territory at times. Ok, there's a small amount of mickey-mousing in a few places, but that's not anything to worry about for those who dislike it. The orchestrations are lush, grand and EPIC. Great use of the familiar Powell choir too.

* The main theme is lovely and its first full-on rendition in Test Drive is fantastic. It appears in an action-based call-to-arms version in the battle tracks and sounds great there too. The mellower underscore is great too, and there's a lot of well-done orchestral buildup in a lot of tracks, such as Romantic Flight.

* So far it seems the album is not gapless (no tracks continuing into each other), and sound quality is perfect.

Oops, that's three cents. But anyway, it's really, really good! I'm off to listen to the final few tracks now. punk
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    "It's almost nothing like the cheesy mickey-mousing material often associated with Powell. The action music is surprisingly dark and, in places, dissonant too, almost seeming to cross over into his X-Men 3 territory at times."

Hmmm.... beer
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    NP:Dark City (trevor Jones)

"You have the power" is fucking amazing! punk punk The love theme in the final scene is sooooooooooo wonderful!

PS:by the way, I saw the movie yesterday, and i think most of the music doesn't fit well on it. Beltrami or even Revell could have been worked better.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    BEAR MCCREARY - Dark Void

Stunning.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    NP : THE HORSE WHISPERER - Thomas Newman

A very fine score.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Timmer wrote

A very fine score.

Indeed. Not too sure about the movie though wink
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Christodoulides wrote
    Timmer wrote

A very fine score.

Indeed. Not too sure about the movie though wink

biggrin

I don't like horse whisperers. I don't like dog whisperers either.

Why not talk to them in a normal voice.....or are they plotting bad things against us? Should be #1 on the agenda of every government on Earth to outlaw this evil practise.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Especially Islamic Horses.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Im not too bothered.
    Nothing a nice horse steak won't solve. lick
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorEric
    NP : Glory - James Horner

One of my favourite Horner scores .
    Charging Fort Wagner still gives me goosebumps every time I hear it !
    I have a soft spot for the movie as well .
    You can't go wrong with Matthew Broderick , Denzel Washington , Cary Elwes and Morgan Freeman !
    The film has beautiful cinematography and I think this is Matthew Broderick's finest performance .
    I wrote to Matthew once and sended a 'Glory' photo with my letter . He kindly replied to my letter ,
    signed my photo and sended an extra autographed photo as well . smile
    Anyway , I think 'Glory' was a terribly underrated film which deserved better !
    "Simplicity is the key to brilliance"
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Martijn wrote
    Im not too bothered.
    Nothing a nice horse steak won't solve. lick

Never tried it, what's it like, or what could you compare it to?
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Geez...what's it like...
    I'm tempted to answer with the obligatory "chicken", except it's absolutely nothing like chicken. wink

I'd say it's a generally less tender, more musky and spicy type of steak than beef is. Comparable to venison in taste, though not in structure.

I just had crocodile filet last week, incidentally.
    Very nice! lick
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    I bet the crocodile would be dying for a Martijn filet wink
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Was playing...

I just did the Reading Half Marathon with Independence Day blasting out the earphones. I know it's a great score, but fuck me, that's a GREAT score! Really helped the adrenaline I think.

Pics here (hope it works)

Think my time was 2 hrs 32 mins so got through the score about one and a half times.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Christodoulides wrote

I've seen that photo before and it's REAL! shocked
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Well, if you're going that close to a crocodile you're kinda asking for it wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    NP: Reign Of Fire - Edward Shearmur

Fuck yeeeeaaahhhhh...

punk
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    LSH wrote
    NP: Reign Of Fire - Edward Shearmur

Fuck yeeeeaaahhhhh...

punk

I can only second that!
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    DemonStar wrote
    NP: How To Train Your Dragon - John Powell

shocked

I've listened upto Battling The Green Death so far, and here are my two cents -

* It's almost nothing like the cheesy mickey-mousing material often associated with Powell. The action music is surprisingly dark and, in places, dissonant too, almost seeming to cross over into his X-Men 3 territory at times. Ok, there's a small amount of mickey-mousing in a few places, but that's not anything to worry about for those who dislike it. The orchestrations are lush, grand and EPIC. Great use of the familiar Powell choir too.

* The main theme is lovely and its first full-on rendition in Test Drive is fantastic. It appears in an action-based call-to-arms version in the battle tracks and sounds great there too. The mellower underscore is great too, and there's a lot of well-done orchestral buildup in a lot of tracks, such as Romantic Flight.

* So far it seems the album is not gapless (no tracks continuing into each other), and sound quality is perfect.

Oops, that's three cents. But anyway, it's really, really good! I'm off to listen to the final few tracks now. punk

TEST DRIVE

OH
    MY
    GOD
    !!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Christodoulides wrote

I certainly have to say that quite a big fun factor in eating crocodile was the what-goes-around-comes-around part ("here's MAN eating YOU, you overtoothed dinosaur throwback!"). biggrin
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Martijn wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

I certainly have to say that quite a big fun factor in eating crocodile was the what-goes-around-comes-around part ("here's MAN eating YOU, you overtoothed dinosaur throwback!"). biggrin

I hear it tastes like chicken!? biggrin wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Everything tastes like chicken these days.

Or smells like fish.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Really D....whattcha like!? spin

NP : THE GOLDEN COMPASS - Alexandre Desplat

LOVE IT! cool