• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. "Star Trek: Insurrection"
    Jerry Goldsmith
    , R.I.P.

One of my personal favorite Goldsmith scores, and Trek film scores.

Listening to he expanded boot since it's been ridicuously long since I listened to it. Forgot how many good cues were left off the GNP! I'll say it again, and others have voiced the same thought before, the expanded is a better listening experience.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
  2. Indeed, the bootleg is much better.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
  3. Sadly, some hiss, and mix is no where near as good as the GNP CD, and it's not the complete score, missing a little. A legitimate, compelte, remastered score, would be up my alley!

The score has a similar way about it that "U.S. Marshalls" does, but THIS scores pulls it off.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
  4. US Marshals is one of Goldsmith's weakest works, really.
  5. Hans Zimmer - Pacific Heights

A largely forgotten Zimmer score to a John Schlesinger thriller. Interesting and has his "touch"
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeMar 27th 2010
    PawelStroinski wrote
    Hans Zimmer - Pacific Heights

A largely forgotten Zimmer score to a John Schlesinger thriller. Interesting and has his "touch"

One of my all time favorite Zimmer scores.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeMar 27th 2010
    PawelStroinski wrote
    US Marshals is one of Goldsmith's weakest works, really.

So is Insurrection.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
  6. DemonStar wrote
    NP: Crimson Tide - Hans Zimmer

Even though it kinda drags on in some parts, I immensely enjoy this score with its powerful male chorals and sheer pulsating energy of the synth/electronic and orchestra combo. Especially the last two tracks!

PawelStroinski wrote
    One of his best scores, especially as heard in film.

I completely agree... I can never tire of this and the equally awesome Broken Arrow. Sometimes non-orchestral scores do work! punk
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
  7. This one has a small ensemble. The strings are live, some of the brass (how daft that may sound, I think that Crimson Tide features... Zimmer's best French horn material)
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    • CommentTimeMar 28th 2010
    Erik Woods wrote
    Matt C wrote
    Erik Woods wrote
    Animation is NOT a genre!

-Erik-

You're joking, right?

Animation is a medium.

-Erik-

Miya wrote
    Erik Woods wrote
    Animation is a medium.

beer

Brad Bird said something like this, in The Incredibles commentary:
    If anyone call animation a genre, I will punch him!
    biggrin

Yeah it's just a medium, you can make a horror or fantasy or action movie, or even documentary by animation.

Fair enough. But it still stands that the kind of story that HTTYD is telling is way WAY different than what Reign of Fire was trying to tell. And I will assert that scores to 3D animated movies have been drastically different than those offered to the live action versions, and to compare them are pointless.
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    PawelStroinski wrote
    US Marshals is one of Goldsmith's weakest works, really.

Yes. This is so.
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    DreamTheater wrote
    DemonStar wrote
    NP: Crimson Tide - Hans Zimmer

Even though it kinda drags on in some parts, I immensely enjoy this score with its powerful male chorals and sheer pulsating energy of the synth/electronic and orchestra combo. Especially the last two tracks!

PawelStroinski wrote
    One of his best scores, especially as heard in film.

I completely agree... I can never tire of this and the equally awesome Broken Arrow. Sometimes non-orchestral scores do work! punk

PawelStroinski wrote
    This one has a small ensemble. The strings are live, some of the brass (how daft that may sound, I think that Crimson Tide features... Zimmer's best French horn material)

QFT!!!!!! punk
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    WP: Girl With A Pearl Earring - Alexandre Desplat

This man has officially become one of my top 10 composers now. Totally love this soothing and melodic score with its lush orchestrations. If Griet's Theme is any indication, he'll be delivering a really great score for the Potter film too.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    DemonStar wrote
    WP: Girl With A Pearl Earring - Alexandre Desplat

This man has officially become one of my top 10 composers now. Totally love this soothing and melodic score with its lush orchestrations. If Griet's Theme is any indication, he'll be delivering a really great score for the Potter film too.

This is really one of his top and finest moments indeed!
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorEric
    NP : William Tell (Crossbow) - Stanislas Syrewicz

A stunning soundtrack from the 1989 TV series that was filmed in France and Europe .
    Mr. Syrewicz mainly uses electronics but that use results in some cool and beautiful tracks .
    The soundtrack is pretty rare and hard to come by these days ...
    "Simplicity is the key to brilliance"
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    Eric wrote
    Stanislas Syrewicz

Excuse me? tongue
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    BRIAN TYLER - bangkok dangerous

Perhaps one of his most mature and soothing listening experiences. A very surprising tone for such a film. Along with THE KILLING ROOM, my 2 favorite Brian Tyler moments from the last few years.
    •  
      CommentAuthorEric
    Nautilus wrote
    Eric wrote
    Stanislas Syrewicz

Excuse me? tongue

Try to say that 10 times in a row ! tongue wink
    "Simplicity is the key to brilliance"
  8. Christodoulides wrote
    BRIAN TYLER - bangkok dangerous

Perhaps one of his most mature and soothing listening experiences. A very surprising tone for such a film. Along with THE KILLING ROOM, my 2 favorite Brian Tyler moments from the last few years.

Both works are possibly my all-time favorite Tyler's work. I'll give a chance to his earlier scores again, soon. I remember also loving The Hunted.

Children of Dune is someho too little original for my tastes, though Summon the Worms is an amazing piece.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    DANNY ELFMAN - terminator: salvation

Elfman has been on his most excellent form during the last 2-3 years, his output is simply outstanding.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    Christodoulides wrote
    DANNY ELFMAN - terminator: salvation

Elfman has been on his most excellent form during the last 2-3 years, his output is simply outstanding.

Great score indeed. The first track is a real killer. I love to put it on repeat and turn the volume up loud, it's a BLAST! cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeMar 28th 2010 edited
    A BLAST indeed, quite an apt word to describe this!

It's ended and it already put me in the mood for something quite similar and kick ass...

EDWARD SHEARMUR - reign of fire

FUCK YEAH!

Absolutely love it when film music can deliver such results (terminator included).
    •  
      CommentAuthorMiya
    NP: Merry-Go-Round Of Life from FREEDOM: PIANO STORIES - Joe Hisaishi

I'm not a big fan of Howl's Moving Castle (both movie and score), but this theme is surely one of the most pleasant and memorable themes from him (and any composers). I listen to this beautiful rendition with piano and strings more than the original soundtrack.
    Labels are for cans, not people. - Anthony Rapp
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Having been taken by Richard's themes in the latest episode for lost, i thought it was about time to pop in again the best musical moments of the show so far; so...

LOST SEASON 4 (Giacchino)

Bliss.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeMar 28th 2010 edited
    Good man. cool

Although what I love from the latest episode possibly more than Richard's theme is MIB's motif.
  9. NP: Munich - John Williams

Am I the only one who likes this better than Schindler's List? "Remembering Munich" and "A Prayer for Peace" are genuine highlights.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Do you have a good rip of that piece, without sfx? I absolutely fell in love with it.
  10. Do you mean Munich? I burned it from the CD.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Are you referring to Lost or Munich, D? If Lost see below in signature. wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Lost, the Richard's theme from episode 9. I want an mp3 of it!