• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. lp wrote
    I don't know, I'm still able to see it on the Amazon.com website.

.com may be different from .co.uk
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  2. BobdH wrote
    Btw, there's a 10 min. track near the end that's not credited to Djawadi in iTunes... I hope this track does not involve any singing, just percussion?

From what I've heard of it is all percussion. But it's - for me - the worst track of them all (maybe even of 2010 so far). I can't possibly see how this "music" could be part of the film.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    • CommentTimeMar 31st 2010
    Ok, hmm... Thanks for the info. Is it a legitime release btw, or another Amazon CD-R thingy? Since I can't find at any other non-digital shops...
  3. I think that it's too early for it to appear as a download (in UK/Europe) but I see that it's listed as a CD from Sony Music.

The digital download was listed as "Watertower Music" if I remember correctly - and this digital label has released titles such as Christopher Drake's Wonder Woman, Bear McCreary's Terminator - The Sarah Connor Chronicles and Rest Stop.
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    BobdH wrote
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    lp wrote
    NP: Clash of the Titans - Ramin Djawadi

Hope that your enjoyment lasts!

BTW, on the whole I enjoyed it as well!

I hope so too! I'm hugely enjoying the sound clips on iTunes. It seems this is the kinda fun blockbuster score old fashioned MV style that I love to hear once in a while. TRANSFORMERS delivered this only in a few tracks, but this seems to be more enjoyable and consistent in style thanks to the more colors (percussian, vocals, electric cello and such). Might even consider buying this!

Btw, there's a 10 min. track near the end that's not credited to Djawadi in iTunes... I hope this track does not involve any singing, just percussion?

That 10 minutes track was written by Neil Davidge of Massive Attack, who did a bit of work Leterrier's first movie, Danny the Dog. It is primarily in the electronica vein, lots of percussion and minimal orchestral backing, punctuated by considerable techno/trance/trip-hop elements. It sticks out very much, especially against Djawadi's already modern scoring techniques. I don't know how it would work in the movie at all without being incredibly obtrusive.
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    • CommentTimeMar 31st 2010 edited
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    lp wrote
    I don't know, I'm still able to see it on the Amazon.com website.

.com may be different from .co.uk

LOL, I hope so. I thought you were saying that Amazon made a mistake releasing it. Could it be a US-only date?
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    It's up on iTunes as well.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
  4. Steven wrote
    Yeah. I very rarely listen to disc 2.

shame

Disc 1 is a brilliant compilation, but disc 2 concludes it lovely
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    Erik Woods wrote

-Erik-

Is it an itunes+ release? This is why I prefer Amazon.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    lp wrote
    Erik Woods wrote

-Erik-

All new releases are 256k AAC.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    Erik Woods wrote
    lp wrote
    Erik Woods wrote

-Erik-

All new releases are 256k AAC.

-Erik-

Ah, thanks for the info.
  5. Timmer wrote
    NP : RED PLANET - Graeme Revell

Fantastic album! punk cool

I wouldn't call it fantastic, but it's GROOVY BABY YEAH !! An album where I just can't tell which is better, the inspired by tunes, or the score tracks.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    NP: Star Trek - Michael Giacchino

Can't wait for the inevitable sequel. smile
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeApr 1st 2010
    DreamTheater wrote
    Timmer wrote
    NP : RED PLANET - Graeme Revell

Fantastic album! punk cool

I wouldn't call it fantastic, but it's GROOVY BABY YEAH !! An album where I just can't tell which is better, the inspired by tunes, or the score tracks.

Which is why I say it's a fantastic album, it plays excellently from begining to end.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    NP : THE THING - Ennio Morricone

Moody, creepy score is one of my all time favourites, classic film with a classic score!
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  6. Ramin Djawadi - Clash of the Titans.

Half a good piece, rest is crap. Total, pure crap.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    • CommentTimeApr 1st 2010 edited
    PawelStroinski wrote
    Ramin Djawadi - Clash of the Titans.

Wouldn't it be more correct to say "half total, pure crap?" shocked punk
  7. Timmer wrote
    NP : THE THING - Ennio Morricone

Moody, creepy score is one of my all time favourites, classic film with a classic score!

Agree with you there. If ever a film made me feel really isolated in a strange world thanks to the unique photography and music, The Thing fits that description. Alien has that same effect on me.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Steven wrote
    Battlestar Galactica Season 4 Bear McCreary

A brilliant album.

Like every other BSG album, to be honest! smile
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    PawelStroinski wrote

Why I don't have it??????
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Nautilus wrote
    PawelStroinski wrote

Why would you want it??? Jesus, listen to something else.

I don't want to read anything anymore in this topic about Clash of the Titans. Enough pollution.There's the Ramin Djawadi topic fro that.

Thanks.
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    applause
  8. applause
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    Bregt wrote
    Nautilus wrote
    PawelStroinski wrote

I don't want to read anything anymore in this topic about Clash of the Titans. Enough pollution.There's the Ramin Djawadi topic fro that.

Thanks.

Jesus! it's my first topic about this score!
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    It's not you alone Jordi. I'm tired of hearing about this score in this topic. Seems like people listen to it, even when it's crap and even when we knew it was gonna be. Lets just forget it and talk about interesting scores for 30 posts instead of this one.
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    Bregt wrote
    It's not you alone Jordi. .

It's not me (DOT).

Much better now.

NP:Passion Of Christ (Debney)

While the symphony it's amazing, I prefer the original album. Why? I love the tribal stuff with the mind blowing atmospheric sound design.

one of my favourite moments sounds exactly the same that one piece from The Last Temptacion of Christ.

I still think "resurrection" is very Remote Control-esque. tongue
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Nautilus wrote
    Bregt wrote
    It's not you alone Jordi. .

It's not me (DOT).

True. You were just the trigger. tongue
    Kazoo
  9. Bregt wrote
    It's not you alone Jordi. I'm tired of hearing about this score in this topic. Seems like people listen to it, even when it's crap and even when we knew it was gonna be. Lets just forget it and talk about interesting scores for 30 posts instead of this one.

You're joking right? It's some April Fool's comment?

People are listening to this right? It's only recently been released? When you talk of "we" are you meaning everyone?

Sure, if anyone wants to make some general comments about the score in general there's the composer's own topic. But for comments in response to people listening to the score for the first time surely this is the place to make them?
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Nautilus wrote
    Bregt wrote
    Nautilus wrote
    PawelStroinski wrote

Thanks.

Jesus! it's my first topic about this score!

It's terrible. Go listen to something else smile
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    I have to read that twice.
    Comments in response of people thinking about how to respond to scores that haven't been released yet to comment upon the first time around.

I think we need another thread.
    Or a bigger boat.
    Or valium.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn