• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeApr 1st 2010
    Bregt wrote
    Nautilus wrote
    PawelStroinski wrote
    Ramin Djawadi - Clash of the Titans.

Half a good piece, rest is crap. Total, pure crap.

Why I don't have it??????

Why would you want it??? Jesus, listen to something else.

I don't want to read anything anymore in this topic about Clash of the Titans. Enough pollution.There's the Ramin Djawadi topic fro that.

Thanks.

lol
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    [spoiler]Clash of the Titans Ramin Djawadi

shocked

I think we have a contender for score of the year!
    [/spoiler]
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    confused shocked shocked shocked
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Steven wrote
    [/spoiler]

uhm

I'm pretty sure we have a thread for this, too.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    I feel a Bregt RESET a coming.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeApr 1st 2010 edited
    Martijn wrote
    Steven wrote
    [/spoiler]

uhm

^
    shocked the farce is strong with this one biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Martijn wrote
    Steven wrote
    [/spoiler]

uhm

Ha! Brilliant. applause
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Bregt wrote
    It's not you alone Jordi. I'm tired of hearing about this score in this topic. Seems like people listen to it, even when it's crap and even when we knew it was gonna be. Lets just forget it and talk about interesting scores for 30 posts instead of this one.

You're joking right? It's some April Fool's comment?

People are listening to this right? It's only recently been released? When you talk of "we" are you meaning everyone?

Sure, if anyone wants to make some general comments about the score in general there's the composer's own topic. But for comments in response to people listening to the score for the first time surely this is the place to make them?

No Alan, it was a weak generalisation. My bad, a comment made in the moment. But I'm a bit tired of people discussing it by just saying it is crap, like the posts above my comment and the previous page. You, lp and Bob were the only valuable opinions on the score.

As for "we knew it was gonna be" is merely saying that we can expect this from such scores.

I feel I need a REST.
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Sorry Bregt, but....

NP Clash of the Titans aka Outlander 2 (Remote Control PC / MAC)

Take the Remote Control dictionary and look for average. The result is Clash of the Titans. The main theme does not even reach what one would call a RC anthem, the action music has this feeling of orchestra buried under tones of synth work, the more atmospheric tracks are boooooooooring and the 10 minutes track at the end is simply disgusting (at times reminding me of those crappy synth scores of the 80's action movies).

Sometimes I wonder if these scores are really written by a human being or by a computer. If I had to bet, I wouldn´t know what to do.
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
  1. Bregt wrote
    But I'm a bit tired of people discussing it by just saying it is crap...

I agree with you there. Now I need to check back dozens of comments to remind myself what I said.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    Marselus wrote
    Sorry Bregt, but....

Take the Remote Control dictionary and look for average. The result is Clash of the Titans. The main theme does not even reach what one would call a RC anthem, the action music has this feeling of orchestra buried under tones of synth work, the more atmospheric tracks are boooooooooring and the 10 minutes track at the end is simply disgusting (at times reminding me of those crappy synth scores of the 80's action movies).

Sometimes I wonder if these scores are really written by a human being or by a computer. If I had to bet, I wouldn´t know what to do.

I don't know, man. When I look up my version of the the RC Dictionary for "average" , Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 came up. The highlights and action cues in this score had more personality, if you can call it that, than the looped production library cues of the COD:MW2 score. And Outlander is far more generic and wallpaper-y than this score. Certainly, for sure though, is the fact that the recent scores by RC members have not been great. But Ramin's score does have a few highlights for me, and that elevates it above average, especially when compared to the dreadful groanings of Atli Ovarsson's Season of the Witch.
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    NP: Eraser - Alan Silvestri

Still good. I mentioned once how Alan should have scored Star Trek instead of Michael. That sentiment still applies. What a muscular score.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    lp wrote

Still good. I mentioned once how Alan should have scored Star Trek instead of Michael. That sentiment still applies. What a muscular score.

Mmm...it's the first time I disagree with you.

Alan Silvestri is uncapable to writte a memorable theme anymore, and his electronic bits are outdated.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    lp wrote
    Marselus wrote
    Sorry Bregt, but....

I don't know, man. When I look up my version of the the RC Dictionary for "average" , Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 came up. The highlights and action cues in this score had more personality, if you can call it that, than the looped production library cues of the COD:MW2 score. And Outlander is far more generic and wallpaper-y than this score. Certainly, for sure though, is the fact that the recent scores by RC members have not been great. But Ramin's score does have a few highlights for me, and that elevates it above average, especially when compared to the dreadful groanings of Atli Ovarsson's Season of the Witch.

Well, Modern Warfare 2 was below average (although very effective in the game), and Outlander had at least a proper RC anthem. Amyway, I don´t want Bregt to reset me, so I won´t argue about Clash of the Titans here tongue
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    Nautilus wrote
    lp wrote

Mmm...it's the first time I disagree with you.

Alan Silvestri is incapable of writing a memorable theme now, and his electronic bits are outdated.

Let's argue! Alan can still write a memorable theme. Even G.I. Joe had that gleefully 80s style theme that didn't even get used in the movie. Yes, his electronics would be dated, but as I remember it, Star Trek didn't have much/any electronics in it, thus that's a moot point.
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    Marselus wrote
    lp wrote
    Marselus wrote
    Sorry Bregt, but....

Well, Modern Warfare 2 was below average (although very effective in the game), and Outlander had at least a proper RC anthem. Amyway, I don´t want Bregt to reset me, so I won´t argue about Clash of the Titans here tongue

Argue away. Surely, Bregt can't reset you and me for properly discussing the score without the use of crude descriptors. MW2 is at the bottom of the creative barrel for me. And Outlander was way more synth-y in execution than COTT, which is a shame, since the score would have benefited from a bit more organic sound, a la COTT.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    lp wrote
    Yes, his electronics would be dated, but as I remember it, Star Trek didn't have much/any electronics in it, thus that's a moot point.

Well, not really. The fact that Giacchino didn't use electronics doesn't logically follow that Silvestri's use of out-dated electronics is a moot point: it just means Giacchino didn't use (much) electronics and Silvestri might have used his out-dated electronics.

To be honest I haven't really got an opinion on whether Silvestri's electronics are "out-dated", I'm just pointing out the logical flaw there. wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    lp wrote
    MW2 is at the bottom of the creative barrel for me. And Outlander was way more synth-y in execution than COTT, which is a shame, since the score would have benefited from a bit more organic sound, a la COTT.

Actually both Outlander and COTT fail in the same way IMO (you know, making a real orchestra sound like a library based score, if you know what I mean) but, as I said, Outlander had at least a proper main theme and a couple of secondary themes that made the listen worthwhile.

We agree on MW2 though.
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    Steven wrote
    lp wrote
    Yes, his electronics would be dated, but as I remember it, Star Trek didn't have much/any electronics in it, thus that's a moot point.

Well, not really. The fact that Giacchino didn't use electronics doesn't logically follow that Silvestri's use of out-dated electronics is a moot point: it just means Giacchino didn't use (much) electronics and Silvestri might have used his out-dated electronics.

To be honest I haven't really got an opinion on whether Silvestri's electronics are "out-dated", I'm just pointing the logical flaw there. wink

Fair enough. I should have clarified further that bringing up Silvestri's use of his outdated electronics doesn't make him less (more than) qualified to score Star Trek well. Plus, even with his outdated patches, his scores still worked really well. For example, Beowulf and G.I.Joe, with the former having an excellent and memorable theme.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    I'd like to have heard a Silvestri Star Trek score, but I'm very happy with Giacchino's. Although I can understand why some would have preferred a different composer.
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    Marselus wrote
    lp wrote
    MW2 is at the bottom of the creative barrel for me. And Outlander was way more synth-y in execution than COTT, which is a shame, since the score would have benefited from a bit more organic sound, a la COTT.

Actually both Outlander and COTT fail in the same way IMO (you know, making a real orchestra sound like a library based score, if you know what I mean) but, as I said, Outlander had at least a proper main theme and a couple of secondary themes that made the listen worthwhile.

We agree on MW2 though.

Interesting... How you feel about Outlander is kinda my feeling toward COTT.
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    Steven wrote
    I'd like to have heard a Silvestri Star Trek score, but I'm very happy with Giacchino's. Although I can understand why some would have preferred a different composer.

Not considering Giacchino's game and TV efforts, I've not enjoyed any of his live action scores, save for Speed Racer (which ended up being more of a cartoon than not dizzy shocked tongue )
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    OMG!!!!

I can't believe this score is finally getting released by SAE...

THIS IS A MUST HAVE! shocked
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Damn, I thought it was going to be one of my few remaining Holy Grails.

I've never heard this one or seen the film to my eternal shame!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Sorry to hear that Steven, I hope I didn't get your hopes too high.

Just wait till Alan and Tom see this, they'll flip they're lids!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote
    Damn, I thought it was going to be one of my few remaining Holy Grails.

I've never heard this one or seen the film to my eternal shame!

The film and score are classics.....you should REALLY see the film Steven.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    Timmer wrote
    OMG!!!!

Pah! i doesn't have any electric guitar
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Jordi has a point.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    Timmer wrote
    OMG!!!!

I don't get this... is it an April fool's joke? The cover says Hitchcock's The Birds, and above the text it says it contains music by Bernard Herrmann. But... THE BIRDS DIDN'T HAVE A MUSICAL SCORE! Herrmann was merely credited as a 'sound consultant'. Yet the text tells of an Ennio Moreicone score of... the same title and year, but a different plot?
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Cheers Einstein tongue rolleyes