• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeApr 1st 2010
    See, that's how much I don't know about this one (nor take much note of the webpage content). Didn't even know it was an April Fools....

:epic-shrug:
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote
    See, that's how much I don't know about this one (nor take much note of the webpage content). Didn't even know it was an April Fools....

:epic-shrug:

biggrin

I DO recommend the film though Steven, it's a genuinely creepy classic and the ending is staggering....though I thought it was shite when I was a kid but then, what did I know!? biggrin
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Nautilus wrote
    Alan Silvestri is uncapable to writte a memorable theme anymore, and his electronic bits are outdated.

Wrong!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    Timmer wrote
    Cheers Einstein tongue rolleyes

then probably You could have been arranged the cover with "Guitars by pete haycock"
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    Erik Woods wrote
    Nautilus wrote
    Alan Silvestri is uncapable to writte a memorable theme anymore, and his electronic bits are outdated.

Wrong!

-Erik-

Tell me one good theme from Silvestri in the last 5 years.
  1. Nautilus wrote
    Erik Woods wrote
    Nautilus wrote

Wrong!

-Erik-

I'd ... gasp ... have to go with Nautilus on this one. I went to IMDB and scrolled through and didn't find a film with a theme worth a toot until I reached ten years back, with "Cast Away". I'm not going to count "the Polar Express" since he owes so much to Elfman there.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeApr 1st 2010 edited
    Nautilus wrote

"Believe Theme" from The Polar Express! I love his theme from Night At the Museum! Beowulf's strong and aggressive main theme! Van Helsing which contains a superb love theme!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    Nautilus wrote
    Erik Woods wrote
    Nautilus wrote

Wrong!

-Erik-

Beowulf.
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    Erik Woods wrote
    Nautilus wrote

"Believe Theme" from The Polar Express! I love his theme from Night At the Museum! Beowulf's strong and aggressive main theme! Van Helsing which contains a superb love theme!

-Erik-

Here here. beer
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    lp wrote
    Nautilus wrote
    Erik Woods wrote
    Nautilus wrote

Wrong!

-Erik-

Beowulf.

Oops! you are right tongue
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    BobdH wrote
    I don't get this... is it an April fool's joke? The cover says Hitchcock's The Birds, and above the text it says it contains music by Bernard Herrmann. But... THE BIRDS DIDN'T HAVE A MUSICAL SCORE! Herrmann was merely credited as a 'sound consultant'. Yet the text tells of an Ennio Moreicone score of... the same title and year, but a different plot?

A pretty bad april fool's joke. Or rather, the intent is fine, but it's carried out poorly. It's the "White dog" release, but they've written birds here and there. It's a shame they didn't even spend 5 minutes making it seem just a little believable.

Peter smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    Nautilus wrote
    lp wrote
    Nautilus wrote
    Erik Woods wrote
    Nautilus wrote

Wrong!

-Erik-

Beowulf.

Oops! you are right tongue

punk
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    I'm ripping through my "MY FAVORITES" playlist and I'm enjoying the shit out of John Debney's score to SUDDEN DEATH! I added two cues yesterday; "Race Against the Clock/ The Abduction" and "Rooftop Battle." Pulse pounding action! And I forgot that I used that latter half of "Race Againsts the Clock/ The Abduction" in one of my early amateur horror/thriller films! biggrin So much fun!

Up Next is Carl Davis' brilliant theme from THE WORLD AT WAR, Zimmer and Co's "Hummel Gets The Rockets" and "Jade" from THE ROCK and "Welcome to Tsavo" from THE GHOST AND THE DARKNESS by Jerry Goldsmith!

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    NP: Kill Zone 2 - Joris De Man

The score pieces for the cut scenes are stupendously awesome.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAtham
    NP: God of War 3 and 2 and 1 - Various

Great fun. And BIG! punk
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    • CommentTimeApr 2nd 2010
    lp wrote
    NP: Kill Zone 2 - Joris De Man

The score pieces for the cut scenes are stupendously awesome.

They are. beer
    I love you all. Never change. Well, unless you want to!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeApr 2nd 2010 edited
    The Golden Compass Alexandre Desplat

Not always the most enticing composer for me, but there are a few of his scores I really enjoy. I think this one is superb!
  2. Steven wrote

Not always the most enticing composer for me, but there are a few of his scores I really enjoy. I think this one is superb!

I'm listening to his score for The Painted Veil. I am absolutely hooked on his "River Waltz".
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote

Hear, hear!

But I think we're in the minority.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    I like Golden Compass a lot, too. cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    I'm up early with my little girl so I thought I'd share with her John Williams' gorgeous Cinema Serenade albums featuring violinist Itzhak Perlman.

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    NP:Clash of the Titans (Djawadi)

Not so bad. Boring? perhaps. Bland? sure. to be composed in a couple of weeks , for a composer almost without experience, it's pretty decent.

The main theme is effective, the orchestra big enough and the few "ethnic" elements are welcomed.

A lot of Iron Man tricks here.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    ^
    From what I've heard of most peoples views it sounds to be mundane, boring and generic....what a missed opportunity for the hiring of a composer with real chops! slant
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Djawadi's Clash of the Titans is quite possibly one of the worse scores I have EVER heard! It had me reaching for Rosenthal's superior effort to relieve the pain!

-Erik-
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Yeah, Rosenthal's score is excellent, written by a true symphonic master.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    Timmer wrote
    ^
    From what I've heard of most peoples views it sounds to be mundane, boring and generic....what a missed opportunity for the hiring of a composer with real chops! slant

yes, that it's true. we had worst scores than that.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAtham
    Erik Woods wrote
    Djawadi's Clash of the Titans is quite possibly one of the worse scores I have EVER heard! It had me reaching for Rosenthal's superior effort to relieve the pain!

-Erik-

I'd say Rosenthal's VASTLY superior effort!
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    ^ Indeed!

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    yeah

Was playing: The Hawaiians - Henry Mancini
    I love the lyricism, which is very good in this score, but unfortunately there's a little too much "ethnic trickery" going on. There is a decided Chinese slant to many of the cues, but it's "Hollywood Chinese" (I think there's even a phrase for that. The Fu Man Chu March or something? It escapes me at present).
    Anyway, still quite enjoyable though less so than I hoped when I heard the sound clips.

Halfway through I realized it's Good Friday, so I changed to The Passion Of The Christ - John Debney
    My memory was playing tricks on me, as I remembered the score being mainly timpani and that ferschlugginer Eastern Wailing drone again, but I was very wrong: it's a beautiful, thoughtful and powerful score, with a powerful melodic touch. Very enjoyable indeed, and I'm sorry I left it so long!
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    Atham wrote
    Erik Woods wrote

-Erik-

I'd say Rosenthal's VASTLY superior effort!

No one doubt about it.