• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeApr 9th 2010
    Oh, there's NO doubt. I'll be coming over in the not too distant future (I've decided to set some money aside on a monthly basis to make sure I never get caught out again on that front).
    And if concerts be part of that deal, so much the better. smile
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Who's coming tomorrow then?

Me
    Bregt
    Timmer
    Thor
    Thomas

....?
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Bregt told me I'll be the wisest one there tomorrow.

I think this is Bregt's nice way of saying 'you're the oldest fooker here'. spin
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Anthony wrote

Me
    Bregt
    Timmer
    Thor
    Thomas

....?

I look forward to seeing you Ant. Is Jim Ware coming tomorrow?
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeApr 9th 2010 edited
    That's just about enough people for my experiment.

Add Jim, Mark (Rayen) and John Chambers (the nautic guy)
    Kazoo
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeApr 9th 2010 edited
    Bregt wrote
    That's just about enough people for my experiment.

Umm.

uhm

I'm just coming so I'm not reset. I don't really want to meet any of you.
  1. Yes I shall be there!

I'm in a taxi on the way to Bristol from Heathrow at the moment but I'll head straight back up to London in the morning!

I won't make it to the High street Kensington part as I have friends from back home over in London this weekend who I'm spending the bulk of the weekend with so I really need to call in on them first. But I'll see you at the pub and stay till some of you head to the concert. If someone could private message me their mobile number just in case plans change that would be great.

look forward to seeing you all in person then!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    I'll be leaving back for Bristol in the early evening but it'll be good to meet you even if it is only for a short period John.
  2. Timmer wrote
    Anthony wrote

Me
    Bregt
    Timmer
    Thor
    Thomas

....?

I look forward to seeing you Ant. Is Jim Ware coming tomorrow?

I'm looking forward to see you all for the first time smile
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorJim Ware

On Saturday 10th April 2010 Environmental activists have called for an 'international day of action'. The Tar Sands campaign focuses on the extraction of oil in Canada, perceived to have a negative impact on the environment and indigenous community. Companies and buildings associated with Canada may be considered targets. Previous protests have had the ethos of 'Non Violent Direct Action'.

Hmmm.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Rightly so!
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    I hope everything runs fine tomorrow and meet you there!
    Kazoo
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeApr 10th 2010
    Yay!
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Leaving now. If we all get horribly lost and I can't reach Bregt I'll post here.

See who can stand nexto someone the longest without realising they're MT!
  3. So the absent MT-dudes should be somewhere at the point of fraternizing about now?
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    I'm at the station...someone find me!
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Tim won!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    *sigh* sad

I hope you all have a marvellous time. sad

cry
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
  4. Martijn wrote
    *sigh* sad

I hope you all have a marvellous time. sad

cry

Yes, enjoy yourself. I'm sitting here wishing that I had gone. The weather's really good, the gathering will be rally interesting. Have one on me!
    beer
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTintin
    This is another dream of mine - to hear and see Ennio Morricone in concert. Have a good meeting and concert guys. punk
    •  
      CommentAuthorfommes
    Has Ennio cancelled yet?

wink
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    A really good day!

And if there's one thing I take away from it, literally, it's..

MainTitles Official Kazoo!!

:tipmyhat: to all that came
  5. Anthony wrote
    A really good day!

biggrin
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  6. Haha that's great, very much in sync with the whole MT-spirit. cool
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeApr 11th 2010
    Excellent! applause
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Anthony wrote
    A really good day!

biggrin beer

Really enjoyed today, I'm now looking forward to hearing reports of the concert.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    And some pics would be appreciated!
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorMiya
    Anthony wrote
    A really good day!

shocked applause
    Have you played Chicken Run with it? biggrin

Hope I could join one of your meetings one day... I need to improve my Engrish speech by then. wink
    Labels are for cans, not people. - Anthony Rapp
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeApr 11th 2010 edited
    We're back and it was awesome!

Members present:
    Thor!
    Timmer!
    Anthony!
    Jim!
    John Chambers!
    Thomas!
    Elin!
    Bregt!

Thank you very much for coming!

Finally we met Thor. Looking very hip and not too hungover or tired. Pity we weren't able to join afterwards with his friends but the situation didn't really permit us. Of course, Timmer was the wisest, although he didn't knew he was. Great to see him ordering half a pint! This was a first. wink

Anthony made it as well! punk He somehow convinced me to come to Ubeda this year and I'll try to. His presence resulted in me not being the youngest! Thomas and Elin joined me from Belgium and it was great to know Elin better. She was the only woman in this sausage est. Next time we need Miya, Bregje, Stavi, keky, ... joining too!

And then later also John Chambers joined the club. We don't know him so much (he is the underwater camera guy) but apparently he was a lurker all these years, and knew us very well. shocked biggrin He actually lives in Bristol too (right?) and was gonna join the previous MT meeting in the UK, but then was called to film on some exotic location. He showed us pictures of his trips and the diving, and I think everyone at the table could say that was the most awesome job at that table. wink

Jim joined as well and good to know some of the stories in film music concert land. He also guided us through the Kensington area and the choice of pubs was excellent, especially the one just before the concert, which had super lasagne. Thanks for the guidance!

I'll tell more about the concert, but let us say it was definitely one of the top concerts I've been too. He gave us three encores, including the spectacular duo Ecstasy of Gold and On Earth as it is in Heaven. My heart skipped a few beats during this, and goosebumps all the way through. What a spectacular location as well!

Oh, and the kazoo. Yeah, that's the first official MainTitles gadget.
    The goal is that I give them to all members, and that on every meeting, people bring them again, and that we play a film music piece in front of a building/place/... of interest during that meeting, and record that. Pictures later! biggrin
    Kazoo
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    The Kazoo was a moment of genius enabling us to warp time and space and dimensions in sound that would make John Williams spin on his baton.

Everyone really was a joy to meet ( and in the case of Bregt and Jim to meet again ), everyone got on famously and though it's a shame some more of our very esteemed members here couldn't attend I do think more people would have been too diluting, there were just enough people for everyone to get to know one another.

As for the 'half pint' ( I did drink a couple of full pints ) I'd been ill on Friday night and really wasn't sure I would make Saturday, thankfully I felt well enough to get there and I'm really glad I did.

Hey Bregt, I told you he'd probably encore Ecstasy of Gold wink punk beer