• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeApr 8th 2010
    Thor wrote
    Anthony wrote
    High Street Kensington is a relatively big station. You need to be more specific. tongue wink

Are you ironic or serious? If the latter, where would you suggest inside the station? I'm not familiar with the place.

Yes, Anthony, could you give us a recognizable spot then.
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorJim Ware
    Anthony wrote
    High Street Kensington is a relatively big station. You need to be more specific. tongue wink

Handily, it only has one exit. Perhaps we could meet outside of it? tongue
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Jim Ware wrote
    Anthony wrote

Good idea, let's do that.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Bregje wrote
    Steven wrote
    Your level of organisation and planning scares me just a little bit, I have to admit.

Perhaps the level of organisation has something to do with the shitload of money people pay to get there for just a couple of hours to meet... is that so hard to understand?
    slant

Did... did I just get told off? sad

*bottom lips starts to quiver*

cry
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote
    Bregje wrote
    Steven wrote
    Your level of organisation and planning scares me just a little bit, I have to admit.

Perhaps the level of organisation has something to do with the shitload of money people pay to get there for just a couple of hours to meet... is that so hard to understand?
    slant

Did... did I just get told off? sad

*bottom lips starts to quiver*

cry

biggrin
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    I now have my coach ticket ( a flippin' coach, I can't remember the last time? ) so I WILL BE THERE sometime in the morning....depending on the notorious Bristol - London M4.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    A what coach? Can you turn around with it?
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    It looks to be great weather on Saturday, so I suggest we find some outdoors place to sit after we meet at the station.
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Bregt wrote
    A what coach? Can you turn around with it?

spin
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Thor wrote
    It looks to be great weather on Saturday, so I suggest we find some outdoors place to sit after we meet at the station.

The weather here today is absolutely glorious! I'm up for whatever people decide cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    So, I now thoroughly checked, and it'll be upwards of 400 Euros just for travel and lodgings... I still am not sure if I'll be able to afford it. Need to do some hard budget calculations tonight. slant
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    That's rather too much Martijn. I don't want you to pay so much.
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeApr 8th 2010 edited
    Nor do I want me to pay so much! wink

But it is a golden opportunity to meet wonderful people, so I'm not dismissing it offhand.
    I just wish it would have been a concert I would have enjoyed going to as well. That would have made the decision a lot easier.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Perhaps you can invest these 400EUR in a Ubeda trip with Andalusian extension. smile
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    biggrin
    It IS warmer there! cool cocktail
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    No Ryanair planes to London then?

Here, they shut that line because of the good connection with the Eurostar.
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Not that I could find: KLM or British Air only. slant
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    We could record the whole thing and project it onto the moon. With the combination of a telescope and a phone you then can follow our conversation.
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Don't bother. I'll just read your mind.
    (Please don't wear your tin foil hat, though. It horribly distorts the transmission.)
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    My mind is mostly just orange coloured. Not sure if that creates the experience you want.
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Orange is good. I'm Dutch, remember? smile
    I am getting a disturbing lot of Looza, though...
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Jim Ware wrote
    Anthony wrote

Ok let's do that. I know it's big, but not how big. wink

Exit to HSK station at 1pm it is!
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    punk punk punk punk punk punk
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Alright, I'm going to bed now, as I have to get up at 4:00 at night to catch the plane tomorrow morning. See you shortly! I'm very excited about this.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    punk punk punk punk punk punk
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeApr 9th 2010
    It's a definite no, with aching, breaking heart.
    It's just too much money that I simply cannot afford right now.
    And that's really the main reason. Some unavoidable expenses later this month and next month that have suddenly popped up mean I can't treat myself on this rather extravagant level, though I'd dearly have loved to.

To meet up again is worth any price, as far as I'm concerned.
    ...except when you physically don't actually have the money. dizzy
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeApr 9th 2010 edited
    Noooo! sad

I completely understand though. That's way too much money for one person.

You have checked ferries as well? wink

I just realised you could have spared all the time searching the ultimate fares by just joining the jolly Eurostar gang? spin

Next time, there's no excuse anymore though Martijn.
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Bregt wrote
    I just realised you could have spared all the time searching the ultimate fares by just joining the jolly Eurostar gang? spin

Nope: that would have cost me too much time. sad
    Busy as I am, the only option really was by plane.

Did you manage to offload the extra ticket?
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeApr 9th 2010 edited
    Nope.

I asked about everyone that I thought could join, but alas. Bregje was very tempted though.
    Kazoo
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Martijn wrote
    It's a definite no, with aching, breaking heart.
    It's just too much money that I simply cannot afford right now.
    And that's really the main reason. Some unavoidable expenses later this month and next month that have suddenly popped up mean I can't treat myself on this rather extravagant level, though I'd dearly have loved to.

To meet up again is worth any price, as far as I'm concerned.
    ...except when you physically don't actually have the money. dizzy

sad cry

I was really looking forward to meeting you Martijn but I completely understand, there'll be more chances, I'm sure, in the future smile